• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Asst Coaches

Hard to imagine that Hackett or Crossman remain isn't it? They're both Marrone's guys. Also I think it's only twisting the knife further if Marrone goes someplace else and doesn't bring Hack.

I hope we keep Schwartz, Pepper, Pagac and Henderson. But on the offensive side I think we needed to replace the OC, WR coach, RB coach anyways.

Any chance Marrone taps Pepper as a DC?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Asst Coaches

I think Marrone could easily take Schwartz with him.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

We don't have to let him out of his contract though (especially if he's staying in the div.). And coaching here is going to make Schwartz look better long-term should he decide to coach again.

The one thing we have going for us is that we might be the most attractive option if you're defensive minded. Of course you'll need to ignore the front office fiasco.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
        We don't have to let him out of his contract though (especially if he's staying in the div.). And coaching here is going to make Schwartz look better long-term should he decide to coach again.

The one thing we have going for us is that we might be the most attractive option if you're defensive minded. Of course you'll need to ignore the front office fiasco.
        I can't imagine a new HC not coming in and not releasing all assistants. They will want their guys.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          I think Marrone could easily take Schwartz with him.
          NO he can't, Schwartz is under contract to the Bills through 2016.

I would like to see the Bills name Schwartz HC.

I have no doubt the players love him & that he would be more aggressive than marrone.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post

I have no doubt the players love him & that he would be more aggressive than marrone.
            Actually he could. Schwartz is only our DC, if Marrone's new team offers him DC and Asst HC then he can leave despite being under contract since it would be a promotion.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Actually he could. Schwartz is only our DC, if Marrone's new team offers him DC and Asst HC then he can leave despite being under contract since it would be a promotion.
              Obviously you're right, but isn't that just a "respect" thing. Schwartz is under contract if we want to play hardball we can. I was assign Hackett to OC/ball washer.
              It was all

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Schwartz doesn't want it and neither do we. He's too much of a spaz.
                It was all

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Obviously you're right, but isn't that just a "respect" thing. Schwartz is under contract if we want to play hardball we can. I was assign Hackett to OC/ball washer.
                  You want to ensure no good coach ever comes here again? There is absolutely no reason to dick around with a coach who has been nothing but good to us.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

The Bills could add the title Assistant HC to keep him.

But I would like to see Schwartz made HC.

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

I think when it comes to assisting a division foe for a coach who has done everything in his power to burn us. It's worth considering.

We can't gift a division opponent talent to be nice. They get richer, we get poorer.
                      It was all

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Schwartz doesn't want it and neither do we. He's too much of a spaz.
                        Do you have a link about Schwartz turning down the Bills HC job?

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

You want to ensure no good coach ever comes here again? There is absolutely no reason to dick around with a coach who has been nothing but good to us.
                          Nonsense. Teams refuse Coaches to leave all the time.

And Schwartz would be an IDIOT to follow Marrone anywhere, especially New Jersey.

He would not find a better group of Defensive players on any team Marrone goes to.

And he would have to continue to put up with Marrone's inept Offense as well.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

The Bills could add the title Assistant HC to keep him.

But I would like to see Schwartz made HC.
                            I can't see Schwartz agreeing to that at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I think when it comes to assisting a division foe for a coach who has done everything in his power to burn us. It's worth considering.

We can't gift a division opponent talent to be nice. They get richer, we get poorer.
                            I have no interest in playing the game this way. If a coach is up for a promotion you let him interview, no questions asked.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

I can't see Schwartz agreeing to that at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no interest in playing the game this way. If a coach is up for a promotion you let him interview, no questions asked.
                              WHY NOT? And if the Bills match the promotion, there is no advantage to leave.

And what BENEFIT do you see for Schwartz to follow Marrone anywhere?

Even if Schwartz was named Assistant HC, what advantage would there be to leave a GREAT Bills defense to follow Marrone with his INEPT Offense?

Comment

Working...
                              X