PDA

View Full Version : Asst Coaches

The King
01-02-2015, 06:30 AM
Hard to imagine that Hackett or Crossman remain isn't it? They're both Marrone's guys. Also I think it's only twisting the knife further if Marrone goes someplace else and doesn't bring Hack.

I hope we keep Schwartz, Pepper, Pagac and Henderson. But on the offensive side I think we needed to replace the OC, WR coach, RB coach anyways.

Any chance Marrone taps Pepper as a DC?

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 07:30 AM
I think Marrone could easily take Schwartz with him.

The King
01-02-2015, 07:42 AM
We don't have to let him out of his contract though (especially if he's staying in the div.). And coaching here is going to make Schwartz look better long-term should he decide to coach again.

The one thing we have going for us is that we might be the most attractive option if you're defensive minded. Of course you'll need to ignore the front office fiasco.

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 07:43 AM
We don't have to let him out of his contract though (especially if he's staying in the div.). And coaching here is going to make Schwartz look better long-term should he decide to coach again.

The one thing we have going for us is that we might be the most attractive option if you're defensive minded. Of course you'll need to ignore the front office fiasco.

I can't imagine a new HC not coming in and not releasing all assistants. They will want their guys.

better days
01-02-2015, 07:46 AM
I think Marrone could easily take Schwartz with him.

NO he can't, Schwartz is under contract to the Bills through 2016.

I would like to see the Bills name Schwartz HC.

I have no doubt the players love him & that he would be more aggressive than marrone.

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 07:50 AM

I have no doubt the players love him & that he would be more aggressive than marrone.

Actually he could. Schwartz is only our DC, if Marrone's new team offers him DC and Asst HC then he can leave despite being under contract since it would be a promotion.

The King
01-02-2015, 07:54 AM
Actually he could. Schwartz is only our DC, if Marrone's new team offers him DC and Asst HC then he can leave despite being under contract since it would be a promotion.

Obviously you're right, but isn't that just a "respect" thing. Schwartz is under contract if we want to play hardball we can. I was assign Hackett to OC/ball washer.

The King
01-02-2015, 07:56 AM

Schwartz doesn't want it and neither do we. He's too much of a spaz.

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 07:57 AM
Obviously you're right, but isn't that just a "respect" thing. Schwartz is under contract if we want to play hardball we can. I was assign Hackett to OC/ball washer.

You want to ensure no good coach ever comes here again? There is absolutely no reason to dick around with a coach who has been nothing but good to us.

better days
01-02-2015, 08:04 AM

The Bills could add the title Assistant HC to keep him.

But I would like to see Schwartz made HC.

The King
01-02-2015, 08:04 AM
I think when it comes to assisting a division foe for a coach who has done everything in his power to burn us. It's worth considering.

We can't gift a division opponent talent to be nice. They get richer, we get poorer.

better days
01-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Schwartz doesn't want it and neither do we. He's too much of a spaz.

Do you have a link about Schwartz turning down the Bills HC job?

better days
01-02-2015, 08:10 AM
You want to ensure no good coach ever comes here again? There is absolutely no reason to dick around with a coach who has been nothing but good to us.

Nonsense. Teams refuse Coaches to leave all the time.

And Schwartz would be an IDIOT to follow Marrone anywhere, especially New Jersey.

He would not find a better group of Defensive players on any team Marrone goes to.

And he would have to continue to put up with Marrone's inept Offense as well.

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 08:11 AM
The Bills could add the title Assistant HC to keep him.

But I would like to see Schwartz made HC.

I can't see Schwartz agreeing to that at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I think when it comes to assisting a division foe for a coach who has done everything in his power to burn us. It's worth considering.

We can't gift a division opponent talent to be nice. They get richer, we get poorer.

I have no interest in playing the game this way. If a coach is up for a promotion you let him interview, no questions asked.

better days
01-02-2015, 08:17 AM
I can't see Schwartz agreeing to that at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no interest in playing the game this way. If a coach is up for a promotion you let him interview, no questions asked.

WHY NOT? And if the Bills match the promotion, there is no advantage to leave.

And what BENEFIT do you see for Schwartz to follow Marrone anywhere?

Even if Schwartz was named Assistant HC, what advantage would there be to leave a GREAT Bills defense to follow Marrone with his INEPT Offense?

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 08:21 AM
WHY NOT? And if the Bills match the promotion, there is no advantage to leave.

And what BENEFIT do you see for Schwartz to follow Marrone anywhere?

Even if Schwartz was named Assistant HC, what advantage would there be to leave a GREAT Bills defense to follow Marrone with his INEPT Offense?

Why not? He has no idea or control over who the new HC will be. No way anybody would want to agree to that.

If he can produce with another defense and Marrone continues to falter he only looks better. May get him into another HC job quicker if that's what he wants eventually.

better days
01-02-2015, 08:30 AM
Why not? He has no idea or control over who the new HC will be. No way anybody would want to agree to that.

If he can produce with another defense and Marrone continues to falter he only looks better. May get him into another HC job quicker if that's what he wants eventually.

In the first place it is not his choice.

Schwartz is under contract to the Bills.

And even if offered a promotion to Assistant HC the Bills don't have to let him leave.

It is only a HC job that a team can't stop a Coach from leaving.

And in the past the Bucs were refused on a number of occasions from hiring a Coach because their team refused to let them out of their contract.

And now, the Bucs would like to hire the OC of the Falcons which has no HC at the moment.

But the Bucs can't hire him because he is under contract to the Falcons & they refuse to release him from it until they see if the new HC wants to keep him.

And there is no way Schwartz would improve his reputation on any other team, especially one that has Marrone as HC.

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 08:34 AM
In the first place it is not his choice.

Schwartz is under contract to the Bills.

And even if offered a promotion to Assistant HC the Bills don't have to let him leave.

It is only a HC job that a team can't stop a Coach from leaving.

And in the past the Bucs were refused on a number of occasions from hiring a Coach because their team refused to let them out of their contract.

And now, the Bucs would like to hire the OC of the Falcons which has no HC at the moment.

But the Bucs can't hire him because he is under contract to the Falcons & they refuse to release him from it until they see if the new HC wants to keep him.

And there is no way Schwartz would improve his reputation on any other team, especially one that has Marrone as HC.

Again that is one of the last franchise models I'd ever want us to follow. Talk about complete and utter dumpster fires.

better days
01-02-2015, 08:37 AM
Again that is one of the last franchise models I'd ever want us to follow. Talk about complete and utter dumpster fires.

The Falcons?

I think there are worse run teams in the NFL.

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 08:38 AM
The Falcons?

I think there are worse run teams in the NFL.

The Bucs. Falcons aren't far behind though.

Forward_Lateral
01-02-2015, 08:42 AM
I would try to keep everyone on the defensive side, and would fire anyone who touched the offense. Maybe keep the WR coach.

cookie G
01-02-2015, 08:46 AM
I can't imagine a new HC not coming in and not releasing all assistants. They will want their guys.

I can...especially if I'm an offensive minded HC and I watch the tape of the defense last year.

My thought process would be.."do I really want to screw this up so I can have 'my people' in here? Do I really want to dismantle the extremely productive area of the team because I'm now the guy in charge?"

This is especially true if I'm a young offensive minded coach in his first gig as HC.

I know why I'm being brought in, I know what the problem is on the team, and I know its going to take enough work to fix that problem. No need in trying to fix problems that don't exist.

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 08:52 AM
I can...especially if I'm an offensive minded HC and I watch the tape of the defense last year.

My thought process would be.."do I really want to screw this up so I can have 'my people' in here? Do I really want to dismantle the extremely productive area of the team because I'm now the guy in charge?"

This is especially true if I'm a young offensive minded coach in his first gig as HC.

I know why I'm being brought in, I know what the problem is on the team, and I know its going to take enough work to fix that problem. No need in trying to fix problems that don't exist.

We shall see. I have no issue keeping Schwartz as the DC, just don't want him as the HC.

better days
01-02-2015, 10:38 AM
The Bucs. Falcons aren't far behind though.

LMAO. The Bucs are in the position you advocate for Marrones new team, trying to sign an assistant from another team.

The Bucs have WON a SUPER BOWL this Century.

I am happy with the Glazers ownership of the Bucs.

MANY teams are much worse than the Bucs. (This years record aside.)

RedEyE
01-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Rapaport is saying that Schwartz will interview for the Bills HC position.

Ed
01-02-2015, 02:20 PM
I could see an offensive-minded coach being hired as the HC and the defensive staff remaining intact for the most part. I know that's not common, but when Mularkey was hired as HC, he kept Jerry Gray on as the DC even though Gray had also interviewed for the HC position and was a 'Gregg Williams guy'.

In this current situation I don't see it really being beneficial for the new HC to make sweeping changes on D, or for Schwartz to go somewhere else. I don't think Schwartz came here because he wanted to work for Marrone, he came because he wanted to have the most talented D-line in football. If he wants another shot at a HC position his best chance is probably to continue running one of the best defenses in the game.

If a new HC comes in here and knows they already have a championship caliber D with a good coaching staff in place, why make your job harder by bringing in a new DC with a new system for the 5th time in five years. Schwartz will probably move on in another year or two anyway, so why not just allow yourself to focus on fixing the offense at first. All you need to do is make this offense a little better than average and you have yourself a legit playoff contender and become an instant franchise hero.

GvilleBills
01-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Gase as HC, Schwartz as DC-asst. HC.
Under the leadership of Whaley.

Sign me up

YardRat
01-02-2015, 03:59 PM
If I were to be notified of an interview with the Bills for the HC position, the first call I would make is to Schwartz and his assistants and assure them all they're an important part of my plan moving forward if I get the job.