PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone worried about the Pegulas?

ghz in pittsburgh
01-02-2015, 06:55 AM
Listening to their interviews of the past, I can't help having the feeling that they are very green in terms of football operations. And he knows that, like he referred to Kraft for helping him understanding the NFL business.

I don't think he's going to be like the Rooneys, the Jones type of guys so much hands on every football decision. He needs to find a football guy that he trusts to do that for him. Sounds like his first choice is Polian, which you can debate not really a wise decision.

The Marrone fiasco put the Bills in a place no one wants to see. Truthfully, the Pegula or their lawyers have reviewed all the contracts in the Bills and should have some plan in place in case this happens.

Like Polian pointed out, no worthwhile HC would come on board unless he knows the one does the hiring is going to be there for awhile. The Marrone fiasco certainly put Russ Brandon and Whaley's positions in doubt. So the only logical persons who must manage the whole HC search process must be Pegulas themselves. Do you trust that they are going to make the right decision right now?

better days
01-02-2015, 07:06 AM
Well, they made the right decision to not cave into Marrones demands.

I am pleased with the direction the Sabres are headed in & think whoever they pick as HC will be better than Marrone & Hackett.

The King
01-02-2015, 07:06 AM
Like it or not I think we're stuck with Whaley at least one more year. Because you're right someone needs to be responsible. Whaley has to find a coach that will keep him his job. The motivation is right for him. If you take him out and start fresh no one is really being held to the fire it becomes a fresh rebuild.

coastal
01-02-2015, 07:25 AM
They bought Ralph's cess pool.

Cleaning it up was bound to be painful.

im very interested to see how they manage this and to see if they've learned anything from owning the Sabres.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-02-2015, 07:26 AM
Like it or not I think we're stuck with Whaley at least one more year.

That's Polian's point. If the GM that does the hiring is on shaky ground and like you said, has one year trial, any new HC worth the salt will want a Marrone type of opt out clause.

Night Train
01-02-2015, 07:40 AM
That's Polian's point. If the GM that does the hiring is on shaky ground and like you said, has one year trial, any new HC worth the salt will want a Marrone type of opt out clause.

That opt out was due to Ralph's poor health and a possible sale of the team. A one time thing.

No one will be asking for that. If fired, they get all their remaining $$ (See Schwartz and the 12 Mil he's getting from Detroit) and quitting isn't the norm.

Typ0
01-02-2015, 07:44 AM
He's not going to hire someone to do it for him he's going to hire someone to help him learn and keep him informed.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2015, 11:08 AM
stop referring to a "Marrone fiasco" there is no fiasco
its just a transition

THATHURMANATOR
01-02-2015, 11:16 AM
I like whaley. Keep him and Let him pick a coach

Forward_Lateral
01-02-2015, 11:19 AM
WTF worried about the Pegulas? They've owned the team for what 3 months? Give them a chance to get their feet wet. Everyone complained about how meddling Ralph was. Now everyone is "worried" that Terry isn't doing anything.

FML I can't stand this place some days.

PromoTheRobot
01-02-2015, 11:27 AM
I like to worry. I don't care for things going well. I'd rather feel the constant threat of impending doom.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-02-2015, 11:39 AM
I like whaley. Keep him and Let him pick a coach

Whaley has scouting talent. Does he have management skills? We don't know.

notacon
01-02-2015, 11:39 AM
They bought Ralph's cess pool.

Cleaning it up was bound to be painful.

im very interested to see how they manage this and to see if they've learned anything from owning the Sabres.

And everything Pegula has done so far tells me that he is reluctant to do what is needed to be done.

I am not encouraged.

chris66
01-02-2015, 05:56 PM
whats to worry about. they are keeping the team in Buffalo. who cares if they dont know what they are doing

SpikedLemonade
01-02-2015, 06:07 PM
whats to worry about. they are keeping the team in Buffalo. who cares if they dont know what they are doing

That is what many said during the purchase -- "If they never win another game as long as they stay in Buffalo".

better days
01-02-2015, 06:26 PM
That is what many said during the purchase -- "If they never win another game as long as they stay in Buffalo".

This is TOTAL BS.

What BUFFALO Bills fans said at the time was let's worry about the sale of the team first, then we can worry about the team.

I challenge you to post a single link to a post that says "If they never win another game as long as they stay in Buffalo".

What people said was, "it would not matter if the Bills didn't win another game if they LEFT Buffalo."

stuckincincy
01-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Billionaire angst...it's about time it came to light. :wail:

Mace
01-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Bothers me they didn't hire Accorsi or Wolf immediately, but I figure they were accustomed to the slower pace of hockey transition, but worried, no.

Pegulas didn't get where they are by not learning and adapting. I'm figuring the measure of them as owners is going to be longer term, and they're in it for the long haul.

It hurts to say it, but a year or so of painful learning and adapting can easily turn into a decade of happy. The Sabres process was painful, but now you can see visions of where they might go.

And that's the negative nancy in me, it will take time. The sunshine susie in me thinks if there is any justice whatever in fate, the Pegulas will get us a Cup and a Super Bowl. Just dunno if I'll live long enough to see it.

notacon
01-03-2015, 10:05 AM

Today's Bills fan. Loser to the core.

Sorry, but I don't want a loser. If the team is going to be run like the worst franchise in the NFL I would rather they go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever said that is a moron.

better days
01-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Today's Bills fan. Loser to the core.

Sorry, but I don't want a loser. If the team is going to be run like the worst franchise in the NFL I would rather they go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever said that is a moron.

Well, the only one that said that is SpikedLemonade.

You are right, he is a moron.

What Bills fans actually said was if the Bills LEAVE Buffalo it won't matter if they never win another game.