• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

As the wagon turns...

So Polian is a no.

Pegula tells Whaley what then? You're the guy again? And then tells Brandon he's now strictly on the business side again...

Which means Whaley is in charge of the whole operation... Just after we went hard after having a guy come in from the outside to oversee him...

Pegula was weary of our operation, struck out on a legit football guy to oversee, but now gives Whaley the keys to the whole operation?

And so Whaley is now making the call on the next HC?

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: As the wagon turns...

There are still some football people left out there he could bring in. Also if Cole is right then Whaley and Brandon are still under review and could be gone as well.

I just hope that Pegula makes a decision quickly. We don't need this dragging out.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
      So Polian is a no.

Pegula tells Whaley what then? You're the guy again? And then tells Brandon he's now strictly on the business side again...

Which means Whaley is in charge of the whole operation... Just after we went hard after having a guy come in from the outside to oversee him...

Pegula was weary of our operation, struck out on a legit football guy to oversee, but now gives Whaley the keys to the whole operation?

And so Whaley is now making the call on the next HC?
      That's basically what I said in one of the HC rumor threads.

who is doing the interviewing?

whaley? After he's received the message that he's basically not trusted enough to be a stand alone GM?

Same thing with Brandon... he's been pushed aside. Hopefully he's pushed on out soon, but as of now there's a void in leadership. Whether it's good or bad leadership is immaterial at this point.

handing it back to Whaley because of the events from past couple of days is a non-starter IMO. The first step IMO has to be a President of Football Ops or Whaley's removal and the hiring a legit GM.

Hiring a a coach whether Whaley does it as the defacto football manager or Pegs does it with or without Whaley is really a mgmt recipe of disaster at this point.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

I know Whaley isn't perfect, but i do not get the Whaley hate. no GM makes 100% correct calls. He has done much more overall good than bad in my opinion. But yes, his two glaring mistakes are EJ, then doubling down on EJ.

However, I cannot state this enough. If Nix had properly addressed the QB situation in the previous 2 years, then Whaley wouldn't have been 'forced' to pull the trigger and over reach on EJ. But, because he actually did trade DOWN and got EJ, we picked up Woods AND kiko in the next round.

Basically what i am saying is it is not all that bad.
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• cookie G
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
          I know Whaley isn't perfect, but i do not get the Whaley hate. no GM makes 100% correct calls. He has done much more overall good than bad in my opinion. But yes, his two glaring mistakes are EJ, then doubling down on EJ.

However, I cannot state this enough. If Nix had properly addressed the QB situation in the previous 2 years, then Whaley wouldn't have been 'forced' to pull the trigger and over reach on EJ. But, because he actually did trade DOWN and got EJ, we picked up Woods AND kiko in the next round.

Basically what i am saying is it is not all that bad.
          I agree with a great deal of this. I don't know how much I blame him for the EJ pick.

You're right...Buddy chose not to address it for years, as did the Levy-Jauron duo before that. They were at the point where they had to pick someone, anyone.

He took the guy with the most upside.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Agreed with the two above. I like Whaley a lot and think if we bring in a football ops guy he needs to be firmly in Whaley's corner.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

What happened to all the Accorsi et al rumors?

Comment

• Dmoney
                • Aug 2014

I only have a few posts here, but am a longtime member of another board that many of you frequent. I am 42 years old, and have to say this.

I DO NOT know what to think....I am almost numb. I DO NOT have a clue. I'm pissed, I'm excited, I'm lost, I'm hopeful....Please HELP ME

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  Agreed with the two above. I like Whaley a lot and think if we bring in a football ops guy he needs to be firmly in Whaley's corner.
                  Agreed. I don't think Polian would have come in and put Whaley under his thumb. I think Pegula just wants stability with someone with more experience. I think everyone likes Whaley and wants him here.

But, Pegula showed his hand and showed he has wavering confidence in Whaley. And now is letting him run the Football side... Whaley's confidence may be unsteady right now.

I want Whaley to stay. I love the moving around last year with trades. Make waves, be risky. I like it. And I like the job he's done overall.

I wouldn't mind a Czar with a pedigree to help set direction. But only if it easily meshes with Whaley.

And if not, go get a guy like Cowher and let him run the football side "with" Whaley...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

The Marrone opt out clause should've gotten Russ fired already. Not so much the 3 day window, but the 4 million dollars would infuriate me if I was Pegula.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                      What happened to all the Accorsi et al rumors?
                      Arcosi is consulting with Chicago on their GM/HC search.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

What's Tony Dungy doing these days?

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

The wagon is turning, in the sense that it is doing barrel rolls down the side of a ravine....

Whaley took a gamble on EJ Manuel. He doubled down by drafting Watkins because he a) assumed EJ would be good enough to make Watkins useful and b) traded away our best chance to replace EJ.

He stuck us with a starter who wasn't even in the roster for a single preseason game and left after one season, despite a winning record.

And Whaley did put together a great D, but it is being squandered because of utter incompetence on the offensive side of the ball.

I just don't see any way to justify keeping him.

And don't even get me started with Brandon. Russ = Ralph. Nothing will change as long as he still has his bloody hands on the controls.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• cookie G
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                            a talking head on one of the football talk shows. Sunday night football i think.

He was instrumental in getting Carrie Underwood as the new theme song singer.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                              Working for NBC.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X