PDA

View Full Version : Article on a Gase led offense

X-Era
01-02-2015, 08:44 AM
Interesting stuff.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/02/nfl-mike-martz-adam-gase-mike-mccoy-mike-mccarthy-best-offensive-minds/#

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 08:49 AM
Great read!

Forward_Lateral
01-02-2015, 08:57 AM
I'm surprised, to be honest, that teams aren't lining up to give Martz a job.

RedEyE
01-02-2015, 09:10 AM
That is a great read. You won't hear that type of breakdown from the in game analysts.

bleve
01-02-2015, 09:43 AM
Rivers, Manning, and Rogers. I guess a coordinator can look a lot better with a real QB.

RedEyE
01-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Execution is definitely 80% of it. You can game plan until the cows come home but if you don't have players that can properly execute the plan....

The other part of is is finding a coach that can game plan and do it to the strengths of each player. Its hard to create mismatches if your not utilizing players to their strengths. Spiller should not be positioned as a utility back. He struggles reading and hitting holes at the first level. His pass blocking skills are sub-par. His talents require space - speed and open field elusiveness. Get Spiller into the 2nd tier of opposing defenses using screens and wheel routes. Gailey understood this. Hackett used Spiller and FJax as if they were interchangeable.

JohnnyGold
01-02-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm surprised, to be honest, that teams aren't lining up to give Martz a job.

That 2001 Rams team was ROBBED of a title against the Patriots. New England is a slimy organization full of *****ing cheaters and I hate that the legacy of guys like Vermeil, Martz and Warner is one ring short because Beliceck taped their practices and knew what their game plan was.

The St. Louis offense was truly revolutionary, it changed the modern game of football.

Any Bills fan that can tolerate the Patriots is a joke--hope Brady blows out his ACL shoveling his driveway this winter.

better days
01-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Much easier to call plays when you have a HOF QB.

And NO Offense has solved Defense, the NFL WEAKENED Defense with STUPID rules.

Forward_Lateral
01-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Well, Martz didn't really have HOF QBs in St Louis. One could argue that his offense made Kurt Warner, and not vice versa.

better days
01-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Well, Martz didn't really have HOF QBs in St Louis. One could argue that his offense made Kurt Warner, and not vice versa.

But we are not talking about Martz.

And I would be happy to have Martz as OC, but not as HC.

The King
01-02-2015, 11:02 AM
I am intrigued by him. I don't want to put a ton of stock in a guy who has had success with Peyton, but it's the diversity of his offense as of late that has me interested. Peyton has taken a back seat and let Anderson carry the load. We have never seen him do that in his career so something is definitely brewing in Denver.

Bill Cody
01-02-2015, 11:13 AM

Good coaching helps. Having Issac Bruce, Tory Holt and Marshall Faulk helped. But in the end doesn't it all come back to we'd still probably take a retired out of shape Warner now at age 43 over EJ?:sigh:

Forward_Lateral
01-02-2015, 11:15 AM
But we are not talking about Martz.

And I would be happy to have Martz as OC, but not as HC.

I'd take him as a Head Coach over any of the guys mentioned in that article besides McCarthy

better days
01-02-2015, 01:33 PM
I'd take him as a Head Coach over any of the guys mentioned in that article besides McCarthy

As long as Schwartz stays as DC, I think the Bills would win with the Martz/Schwartz combo.

YardRat
01-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Unfortunately for us, Nate Hackett probably read that article about a dozen times and still doesn't understand a word of it.

sudzy
01-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately for us, Nate Hackett probably read that article about a dozen times and still doesn't understand a word of it.

Not unfortunate for us anymore

Night Train
01-02-2015, 06:02 PM
This is the best read on the board.

I don't care if Gase is young. If he's a Martz disciple and keeps Scwartz to run the D, I'm behind his hire.