Source: Whaley to Lead Bills Coaching Search. Gase first interview, Reich to follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Source: Whaley to Lead Bills Coaching Search. Gase first interview, Reich to follow

Gase is up first, and Reich follows.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Dr. Who
    • Jul 2002

Re: Source: Whaley to Lead Bills Coaching Search. Gase first interview, Reich to foll

Instead of bellyaching, people should see this for the opportunity it is. The defense is stacked. The offense wasn't good, but it should have been better. Fix the o-line and bring in an offensive mind that is prepared for the NFL. Maybe Whaley will hire someone who will use the players he acquires for the team.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

Re: Source: Whaley to Lead Bills Coaching Search. Gase first interview, Reich to foll

didn't feel like whaley truly hired marrone to me. felt like nix and brandon. this will be his first actual hire
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
        Instead of bellyaching, people should see this for the opportunity it is. The defense is stacked. The offense wasn't good, but it should have been better. Fix the o-line and bring in an offensive mind that is prepared for the NFL. Maybe Whaley will hire someone who will use the players he acquires for the team.
        In any case, it is what it is, yes.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I think this is also a clear indication that Russ Brandon is truly out of Football Ops decision. It's all Whaley now.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• mightysimi
            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
            The only problem I have is that we spent the last 2 years acquiring big strong o linemen. Now is a new coach going to come in and have to go through the cycle of acquiring a whole new line? It is just more time with growing pains. We only have so many picks and with the cluster **** that is the front office, not too many free agents will want to come.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Gase is the token bring a guy in then hire Reich because its the "Bills thing to do"

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                Gase is the token bring a guy in then hire Reich because its the "Bills thing to do"
                They still have to interview a minority candidate and Joe B tweeted out that Dan Quinn and Jim Schwartz will likely get interviews as well.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dr. Who
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                  The only problem I have is that we spent the last 2 years acquiring big strong o linemen. Now is a new coach going to come in and have to go through the cycle of acquiring a whole new line? It is just more time with growing pains. We only have so many picks and with the cluster **** that is the front office, not too many free agents will want to come.
                  I like Whaley, so we probably have a different view of the front office.

I agree that one will have to come up with a plan to fit the o-lineman to whatever blocking scheme is going to be run. I've heard some pretty crazy ideas put out the last few days.
                  For instance, someone theorized that after a "redshirt" year, Cyrus K. may be ready to play right tackle. They suggested flipping Henderson to LT and playing Glenn at LG.
                  I am NOT suggesting this as a serious option. I tend to like Glenn at LT, though he had a down year for various reasons one could surmise. I merely use it as an illustration of creative thinking. I think we will add two or three o-lineman through free agency and the draft. Then it's up to the new coaches to find a way to make it work.

Oh, and I think Pegula will create an environment that will make Buffalo a place free agents want to come. Not sure if it will happen this off-season though.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I don't get the hype on Adam Gase. His success in Denver is because of Peyton Manning, who can make anyone look good.

Let's look at his track record:

2013 Denver OC - QB Manning - 1st ranked offensive scoring
                    2012 Denver OC - QB Manning - 2nd ranked offensive scoring
                    2011 Denver QB coach - QB Orton/Tebow - 25th ranked offensive scoring
                    2010 Denver WR coach - QB Orton/Tebow - 19th ranked offensive scoring
                    2009 Denver WR coach - QB Orton - 19th ranked offensive scoring
                    2008 San Fran Offensive Asst - QB Shaun Hill - 22nd ranked offensive scoring
                    2007 Detroit QB coach- QB Kitna - 16th ranked offensive scoring
                    2006 Detroit Offensive Asst - QB Kitna - 21st ranked offensive scoring

Give Manning or Brady to Hackett and he'll look like a fricking genius too. Look at Josh McDaniels, big hype with Brady offense and landed the Denver HC job and found that he's nobody without Brady.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Per Graham Whaley met with Pegula yesterday to formulate a plan of attack for HC search and now interviews will commence.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

What a joke.

u aren't guy to trust with this... oh wait... yeah you are.

youre my number one guy.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

And unfortunately, he's being advised by Brandon.

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

Great -- one guy who is successful b/c he "coaches" one of the greatest QBs of all time and another guy who is a first-year OC on a non-playoff team but -- hey! -- he used to play here.

Why even get your hopes up when it will be a typical non-inspiring Bills hire?
                            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                              Great -- one guy who is successful b/c he "coaches" one of the greatest QBs of all time and another guy who is a first-year OC on a non-playoff team but -- hey! -- he used to play here.

Why even get your hopes up when it will be a typical non-inspiring Bills hire?
                              All we can do is keep our fingers crossed. Weirder things have happened. Mike McCarthy was a non-inspiring hire for the Packers after Mike Sherman got the boot. He turned out pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X