PDA

View Full Version : Source: Bills have interest in Rex Ryan for Head Coach (Tim Graham)

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Again by Tim Graham.

https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/551060517549531136

No interview set yet.

Historian
01-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Why didn't these two idiots just switch jobs???

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Rex Ryan would be good for Bills IMO.

BleedinGreenNC
01-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Not sure how i feel about this, you guys have a great D, which makes me not want him there, but Rex is a QB killer so that makes me want him to go there.

Dr. Who
01-02-2015, 10:26 AM

Only if he has really learned that complete indifference to the offensive side of the team is a recipe for bad records.

Mace
01-02-2015, 10:27 AM
If so, goodbye Schwartz.

Thurmal
01-02-2015, 10:30 AM
I would love this move. The defense would be even better than this past season, we'd actually have a legitmate chance of beating the Patriots in a game for the first time since like 2002, and the organization would get something that has been sorely needed for a decade -- someone with balls.

Jaybird
01-02-2015, 10:32 AM
he knows how to beat the patriots. Sexy rexy would be fantastic! he would turn our great D into a legend.

RedEyE
01-02-2015, 10:34 AM
No

better days
01-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Not sure how i feel about this, you guys have a great D, which makes me not want him there, but Rex is a QB killer so that makes me want him to go there.

And which QB did Rex kill?

Sanchez? Geno? Vick?

Those were all DOA.

Rex has yet to have had a GOOD QB on his team to kill.

Forward_Lateral
01-02-2015, 10:57 AM
They could do worse.

BleedinGreenNC
01-02-2015, 11:00 AM
And which QB did Rex kill?

Sanchez? Geno? Vick?

Those were all DOA.

Rex has yet to have had a GOOD QB on his team to kill.

Hehe, ok, talk to me after next season if Rex becomes your head coach. Dont be surprised if Sanchez winds up in Buffalo if Rex goes there.

Historian
01-02-2015, 11:02 AM
He's still better than EJ and Tuel.

(anybody see a pattern here, lol?)

Bill Cody
01-02-2015, 11:03 AM
but Rex is a QB killer so that makes me want him to go there.

no worries we don't have a QB to kill

BleedinGreenNC
01-02-2015, 11:04 AM
no worries we don't have a QB to kill

Neither do we.

better days
01-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Neither do we.

So how do you feel about Marrone as your new Coach?

BleedinGreenNC
01-02-2015, 11:10 AM
So how do you feel about Marrone as your new Coach?

I dont know too much about him, i know he was the beneficiary of a great defense, but he seemed to screw the pooch in game management, just like Rex. Truthfully i want Quinn or Bowles.

Novacane
01-02-2015, 11:17 AM

The Jets QB's of the last few years were **** before RR got them

DetDannyWilliams
01-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Bills might not get a chance to interview him...

NFL Media's Kimberly Jones reported Tuesday (https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports/status/550102557839069184) that the erstwhile New York Jets (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/profile?team=NYJ) coach has interviews scheduled with the Atlanta Falcons (http://www.nfl.com/teams/atlantafalcons/profile?team=ATL) and San Francisco 49ers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/profile?team=SF) for their head-coach openings, per a source aware of the plans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000452192/article/rex-ryan-has-interviews-scheduled-with-49ers-falcons

and

Kimberly Jones of NFL Media reports that the 49ers have scheduled a (https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports/status/550663839982059520) Sunday interview with Rex Ryan, who was dismissed by the Jets a day after the 49ers’ “mutual” decision to end Jim Harbaugh’s tenure as their head coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/01/rex-ryan-slated-to-interview-with-49ers-on-sunday/

WagonCircler
01-02-2015, 11:53 AM

Here's a diagram:

Every NFL QB > EJ and Tuel.

BleedinGreenNC
01-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Here's a diagram:

Every NFL QB > EJ and Tuel.

Not Geno

swiper
01-02-2015, 11:59 AM

More proof they ought to stay far, far away.

swiper
01-02-2015, 12:01 PM
I would love this move. The defense would be even better than this past season, we'd actually have a legitmate chance of beating the Patriots in a game for the first time since like 2002, and the organization would get something that has been sorely needed for a decade -- someone with balls.

Go sober up somewhere please.

soapman
01-02-2015, 12:10 PM

Beat the Pats and lose to everyone else.

feldspar
01-02-2015, 12:15 PM
If so, goodbye Schwartz.

Keeping Schwartz at DC is very important. That unit carried this team, basically...no news there.

Marrone was supposedly offensive-minded, but look how the offensive digressed under him.

"Marrone entrusted all the defensive power in consecutive seasons to Mike Pettine and Jim Schwartz, and in 2014, Schwartz helped lead the unit to being top five in the league. The defense was playoff caliber -- maybe even championship caliber -- and they kept the Bills in games that a competent offense should have helped knock out of the park.

A former offensive coordinator, Marrone saw that side of the ball regress in both seasons. The offensive line play went from good, to average, to putrid within a span of 24 months under a former offensive lineman and a former offensive line coach. Players had their worst seasons under Marrone."

Read this article:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?contentType=31&contentId=2416&pid=447622

don137
01-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Ideally I would want an offensive coach that would retain Schwartz.

stuckincincy
01-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Why didn't these two idiots just switch jobs???

Ryan's dyslexic and Graham has thin skin. They could be pen pals...

Don't Panic
01-02-2015, 12:30 PM
I am so not understanding the Schwartz lovefest. Pettine did just as good the year before... the personnel is the real key to our D being good (for which we pay $17 million a year more than our offensive personnel, btw). Schwartz deserves credit but its crazy to think there aren't a bunch of better than average DCs who could come in here and create similar results with the same players. Losing Schwartz (which is likely) is not the end of the world for this team.

better days
01-02-2015, 12:39 PM
I am so not understanding the Schwartz lovefest. Pettine did just as good the year before... the personnel is the real key to our D being good (for which we pay $17 million a year more than our offensive personnel, btw). Schwartz deserves credit but its crazy to think there aren't a bunch of better than average DCs who could come in here and create similar results with the same players. Losing Schwartz (which is likely) is not the end of the world for this team.

Pettine's defense made more splash plays, but Schwartz has a more fundamentally sound defense which was MUCH better against the run than Pettine's defense.

feldspar
01-02-2015, 12:42 PM

Pettine did not do just as good the year before, and he had Alonso and Byrd. Did you not notice the improvement this year? If not, I don't know what to tell you. The Bills were 28th against the run under Pettine, for example. I agree that the Bills definitely have the players on that side of the ball, but don't discount what Schwartz has done for them. You don't want another guy in here trying to run a different scheme, however slight. Continuity will be huge for that unit, with most major players returning. Can't wait to see Alonzo back, too.

justasportsfan
01-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Ideally I would want an offensive coach that would retain Schwartz.

This! :up:

jpdex12
01-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Who would want Rex Ryan's idiotic diarrhea of the mouth every week as a Bill's HC? He's promised far more that he's proven. Total ***** idiot! So is his brother. Plant corn, get corn. No thanks! Far better options out there!

Don't Panic
01-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Pettine did not do just as good the year before, and he had Alonso and Byrd. Did you not notice the improvement this year? If not, I don't know what to tell you. The Bills were 28th against the run under Pettine, for example. I agree that the Bills definitely have the players on that side of the ball, but don't discount what Schwartz has done for them. You don't want another guy in here trying to run a different scheme, however slight. Continuity will be huge for that unit, with most major players returning. Can't wait to see Alonzo back, too.

Fair enough, but I still think Schwartz is coaching at the benefit of the best DL in football and a secondary that played really well as a unit. He is not irreplaceable is all I'm saying. I'd love to see what Pepper Johnson could do as DC if Schwartz wasn't offered the DC gig. I'm also surprised to see people want to elevate him to HC when the fact is that he ran a pretty loose ship after the first year at that level and left town despised. Ask any Lions fan if they think he'd be a wise choice as HC.

better days
01-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Fair enough, but I still think Schwartz is coaching at the benefit of the best DL in football and a secondary that played really well as a unit. He is not irreplaceable is all I'm saying. I'd love to see what Pepper Johnson could do as DC if Schwartz wasn't offered the DC gig. I'm also surprised to see people want to elevate him to HC when the fact is that he ran a pretty loose ship after the first year at that level and left town despised. Ask any Lions fan if they think he'd be a wise choice as HC.

Ask any Browns fan if belichick would have been a wise choice after he was fired in Cleveland.

Or any Pats* fan if Pete Carroll would be a wise hire.

Often times people improve with experience. The second go round could well be much better than the first.

Meathead
01-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Often times people improve with experience.

or when they luck into the best passer in history exactly when the nfl is making it as much of a qb centric sport as possible

chris66
01-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Rex is going to Atlanta. he fixes the d and doesnt have to worry about the offense. perfect situation for him

better days
01-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Rex is going to Atlanta. he fixes the d and doesnt have to worry about the offense. perfect situation for him

Well, he will have to fix the OL as well in Atlanta.

Night Train
01-02-2015, 07:06 PM

Tuel will be cut right after he takes down the tables and chairs at camp.

YardRat
01-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Schwartz's defense this season was miles better than Pettine's last year, with basically the only difference swapping out Alonso for Spikes, and dumping an over-hyped safety.

Last season the defense was pretty good overall, decent against the pass even though the secondary was regularly maligned by some, but terrible against the run. Most of the time when a new scheme is incorporated to fix an issue (run defense) the other end (pass defense) suffers at least a little bit. Not so for this team...they got better, front to back...that's a credit to Schwartz.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2015, 05:07 AM
I heard he has one "foot" in the door.

Get it? Ok I thought it was funny.

sudzy
01-03-2015, 05:11 AM

He's going to ESPN. That's the perfect situation for him. He can run off at the mouth all day and not back anything up.

better days
01-03-2015, 06:21 AM
He's going to ESPN. That's the perfect situation for him. He can run off at the mouth all day and not back anything up.

ESPN is a fall back option if no team hires Rex.

I am pretty sure, some team will hire him.

He is too good of a Coach to not get hired.

sudzy
01-03-2015, 06:37 AM
Of course he gets offered a job. My question is, does he take it? Some guys seem to like the limelight more then the sidelines (Cohwer, Johnson, Gruden). All the attention and non of the criticism. IMO, Rex is a attention whore.