• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

source Adam Benigni reports that Bills will interview Smith

Adam Benigni on Channel 2 Midday news says Bills will interview recently fired Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith.
  • Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Re: source Adam Benigni reports that Bills will interview Smith

not a fan of his... questionable in game management

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Still better than the last five clowns here.

(Although that is not saying much)

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

I'd rather have marrone than smith

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

NO to Smith!

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

I live in Atlanta and can tell you that Smith's biggest problem was the GM not retaining talent in the trenches and protection, but instead spending money on sexy position roles-players like a washed up Jackson, signing an unnecessary Devin Hester, tempting Gonzalez away from retirement and trading draft picks for Julio Jones when depth and lineman were greatly needed. The oline was incredibly porous and the dline had zero pass rush. Matt Ryan scrambled more this season than any other and Matt Ryan shouldn't have to scramble. The defense couldnt stop anything and was one of the worst in the league this year.

Demitroff (GM) should have been fired too but many believe that McDaniels is the Falcons primary target and firing Demitroff now would sour any opportunity of getting McDaniels. They are buddies.

My issues with Smith: he's a really mousey guy and reminds me of Dick Juaron personality wise. He was also heavily criticized for some really poor clock management this season. Cost him at least two games.

I do think if he has the right talent and depth on offense he would excel but the Bills would also need to retain Schwartz to shore up continuity on defense.

Comment

• black N yellow
              • Dec 2012

eww.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

If he has a Dick Jauron personality I say hell no!

Comment

• GingerP
                  • Aug 2012

I guess they are trying to tap into the vaunted Jack Del Rio coaching tree.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

His record in regular season is 66-45 and 1-4 in the post season. In 7 seasons he has had the Falcons division champs twice - 2nd in the division 3 times and 3rd the last two seasons (coming up 1 game shy of division champs again in week 17 against the Panthers just this year).

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                      I live in Atlanta and can tell you that Smith's biggest problem was the GM not retaining talent in the trenches and protection, but instead spending money on sexy position roles-players like a washed up Jackson, signing an unnecessary Devin Hester, tempting Gonzalez away from retirement and trading draft picks for Julio Jones when depth and lineman were greatly needed. The oline was incredibly porous and the dline had zero pass rush. Matt Ryan scrambled more this season than any other and Matt Ryan shouldn't have to scramble. The defense couldnt stop anything and was one of the worst in the league this year.

Demitroff (GM) should have been fired too but many believe that McDaniels is the Falcons primary target and firing Demitroff now would sour any opportunity of getting McDaniels. They are buddies.

My issues with Smith: he's a really mousey guy and reminds me of Dick Juaron personality wise. He was also heavily criticized for some really poor clock management this season. Cost him at least two games.

I do think if he has the right talent and depth on offense he would excel but the Bills would also need to retain Schwartz to shore up continuity on defense.
                      As a Bucs fan, I am sorry to see Smith fired from the Falcons.

He is a MEDIOCRE HC.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                        • Sep 2004

If he couldnt win with the talent that the Falcons have on offense, then i would stay away from him.

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

Not a fan of this. I would rather just see Schwartz get promoted.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            Not a fan of this. I would rather just see Schwartz get promoted.

You mean the same hot head from Detroit?

Comment

• Edward Robinson
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Jaybird View Post
                              not a fan of his... questionable in game management
                              Game Management issues are a understatement.

Exhibit 1 End of game vs the Cleveland Browns which the Browns had no business in winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X