PDA

View Full Version : source Adam Benigni reports that Bills will interview Smith

DetDannyWilliams
01-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Adam Benigni on Channel 2 Midday news says Bills will interview recently fired Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith.

Jaybird
01-02-2015, 10:35 AM
not a fan of his... questionable in game management

Historian
01-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Still better than the last five clowns here.

(Although that is not saying much)

Bill Cody
01-02-2015, 10:42 AM
I'd rather have marrone than smith

better days
01-02-2015, 10:45 AM
NO to Smith!

RedEyE
01-02-2015, 10:52 AM
I live in Atlanta and can tell you that Smith's biggest problem was the GM not retaining talent in the trenches and protection, but instead spending money on sexy position roles-players like a washed up Jackson, signing an unnecessary Devin Hester, tempting Gonzalez away from retirement and trading draft picks for Julio Jones when depth and lineman were greatly needed. The oline was incredibly porous and the dline had zero pass rush. Matt Ryan scrambled more this season than any other and Matt Ryan shouldn't have to scramble. The defense couldnt stop anything and was one of the worst in the league this year.

Demitroff (GM) should have been fired too but many believe that McDaniels is the Falcons primary target and firing Demitroff now would sour any opportunity of getting McDaniels. They are buddies.

My issues with Smith: he's a really mousey guy and reminds me of Dick Juaron personality wise. He was also heavily criticized for some really poor clock management this season. Cost him at least two games.

I do think if he has the right talent and depth on offense he would excel but the Bills would also need to retain Schwartz to shore up continuity on defense.

black N yellow
01-02-2015, 10:54 AM
eww.

Novacane
01-02-2015, 10:54 AM
If he has a Dick Jauron personality I say hell no!

GingerP
01-02-2015, 10:59 AM
I guess they are trying to tap into the vaunted Jack Del Rio coaching tree.

RedEyE
01-02-2015, 11:00 AM
His record in regular season is 66-45 and 1-4 in the post season. In 7 seasons he has had the Falcons division champs twice - 2nd in the division 3 times and 3rd the last two seasons (coming up 1 game shy of division champs again in week 17 against the Panthers just this year).

better days
01-02-2015, 11:02 AM
I live in Atlanta and can tell you that Smith's biggest problem was the GM not retaining talent in the trenches and protection, but instead spending money on sexy position roles-players like a washed up Jackson, signing an unnecessary Devin Hester, tempting Gonzalez away from retirement and trading draft picks for Julio Jones when depth and lineman were greatly needed. The oline was incredibly porous and the dline had zero pass rush. Matt Ryan scrambled more this season than any other and Matt Ryan shouldn't have to scramble. The defense couldnt stop anything and was one of the worst in the league this year.

Demitroff (GM) should have been fired too but many believe that McDaniels is the Falcons primary target and firing Demitroff now would sour any opportunity of getting McDaniels. They are buddies.

My issues with Smith: he's a really mousey guy and reminds me of Dick Juaron personality wise. He was also heavily criticized for some really poor clock management this season. Cost him at least two games.

I do think if he has the right talent and depth on offense he would excel but the Bills would also need to retain Schwartz to shore up continuity on defense.

As a Bucs fan, I am sorry to see Smith fired from the Falcons.

He is a MEDIOCRE HC.

BleedinGreenNC
01-02-2015, 11:15 AM
If he couldnt win with the talent that the Falcons have on offense, then i would stay away from him.

Ed
01-02-2015, 11:19 AM
Not a fan of this. I would rather just see Schwartz get promoted.

BleedinGreenNC
01-02-2015, 11:38 AM

You mean the same hot head from Detroit?

Edward Robinson
01-02-2015, 12:26 PM
not a fan of his... questionable in game management

Game Management issues are a understatement.

Exhibit 1 End of game vs the Cleveland Browns which the Browns had no business in winning.

Mr. Miyagi
01-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Adam Benigni on Channel 2 Midday news says Bills will interview recently fired Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith.
He's not a minority. So why?

BleedinGreenNC
01-02-2015, 12:29 PM

That guy had a 29-51 record in Detroit, not sure he should be your HC.

better days
01-02-2015, 12:43 PM

Schwartz would need a GOOD OC as does Rex & every otherDefensive minded HC.

And just as a GOOD Offensive minded HC needs a GOOD DC.

feldspar
01-02-2015, 12:46 PM
eww.

I've thought long and hard, and dammit...I just can't think of a better way to express my feelings either.

GingerP
01-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Schwartz wasn't good in Detroit. He did help turn around a bad situation early on, but his game management was suspect and his teams lacked control. By the end there, he had some talent, including a talented, young QB. However, each year they faded down the stretch, not the sign of good coaching. His teams tended to make dumb mistakes to beat themselves, and he lost control of his players.

Schwartz is a fine defensive coach, but like Norv Turner on offense he seemed over his head when put in charge of the whole team. Doesn't make him a bad guy, but not someone you would want in charge of the whole team.

jpdex12
01-02-2015, 12:52 PM

I need to see more of the chick in your avatar! It's 2:30 on a Friday afternoon and I need a pick me up to get me through the next two hours...if I had as much perk as her boobs did right now I'd work another 12 hours.

GingerP
01-02-2015, 01:01 PM
In Schwartz 5 yers in Detroit, his teams won 45% of their games in the first half of the season, 28% in the 2nd half. He never was better than 4-4 over the last 8 games of the season, going 11-29 overall (11-30 including his lone playoff appearance).

Good teams get better as the year goes along, his teams did the opposite.

This year, under Jim Caldwell, they won 11 games, including 5-3 in the second half of the season.

better days
01-02-2015, 01:18 PM
In Schwartz 5 yers in Detroit, his teams won 45% of their games in the first half of the season, 28% in the 2nd half. He never was better than 4-4 over the last 8 games of the season, going 11-29 overall (11-30 including his lone playoff appearance).

Good teams get better as the year goes along, his teams did the opposite.

This year, under Jim Caldwell, they won 11 games, including 5-3 in the second half of the season.

The fact the Lions did not suffer major injuries no doubt played a big role in that.

Good luck to the Lions against the Cowboys.

DraftBoy
01-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Booooo!!!!