PDA

View Full Version : Oilers trade Perron to Pens for Klinkhammer, 2015 1st rnd draft choice

DetDannyWilliams
01-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Per NHL app

SpikedLemonade
01-02-2015, 11:26 AM
The Oilers guaranteed a last place finish.

How does Murray respond?

coastal
01-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Chris Stewart and our 1st and 2nd round picks (both via New York Islanders) to Boston for David Pastrnak and Malcom Subban. Stewart's salary is retained by us. Expect trade in a couple of weeks after WJCs end when Boston realizes they can't count on an 18 yo to man the RW spot on the 1st line.

Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford and Jonas Enroth to Toronto for Joffrey Lupul, Stuart Percy, James Reimer and Toronto's 1st round picks in 2015 and 2016.

JATMtheJATM
01-02-2015, 02:27 PM
No thanks on Reimer. Guy has holes. Terrible skater.

I do like subban though.

coastal
01-02-2015, 02:43 PM

I do like subban though.
Don't be a goalie snob.

Reimer wants a shot at starting and you won't find a guy who will work harder than him. Let him be the starter for two years as we develop Subban and others.

Plus, Toronto is up against the cap... the goalie swap saves them a million. They need the cap space to sign Franson in the offseason. This helps them.

SpikedLemonade
01-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Chris Stewart and our 1st and 2nd round picks (both via New York Islanders) to Boston for David Pastrnak and Malcom Subban. Stewart's salary is retained by us. Expect trade in a couple of weeks after WJCs end when Boston realizes they can't count on an 18 yo to man the RW spot on the 1st line.

LOL!!!!

Chris Stewart is crap!

coastal
01-02-2015, 03:00 PM
LOL!!!!

Chris Stewart is crap!
With him you might only be facing a first round exit instead of a lottery pick.

JATMtheJATM
01-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Don't be a goalie snob.

Reimer wants a shot at starting and you won't find a guy who will work harder than him. Let him be the starter for two years as we develop Subban and others.

Plus, Toronto is up against the cap... the goalie swap saves them a million. They need the cap space to sign Franson in the offseason. This helps them.

I have to be a goalie snob here. I also feel Myers to Detroit would get us more return for tthe future. Riley sheahan :) or Mantha.

coastal
01-02-2015, 03:19 PM
I have to be a goalie snob here. I also feel Myers to Detroit would get us more return for tthe future. Riley sheahan :) or Mantha.detroit isn't giving up Mantha so stop.

SpikedLemonade
01-02-2015, 03:26 PM

I do like subban though.

Subban can be had.

Pastrnak cannot be.

coastal
01-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Subban can be had.

Pastrnak cannot be.
Not even for a 1st and 2nd?

SpikedLemonade
01-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Not even for a 1st and 2nd?

What would be the point?

To gain a 2nd and risk another player not as good being there in the 1st round?

Makes no sense.

Pasta only dropped due to a concussion.

coastal
01-02-2015, 04:19 PM
What would be the point?

To gain a 2nd and risk another player not as good being there in the 1st round?

Makes no sense.

Pasta only dropped due to a concussion.ok I'll make it our other 1st from St. Louis and the one from the Isles too.

JATMtheJATM
01-02-2015, 04:29 PM
detroit isn't giving up Mantha so stop.

As long as we are dreaming. Mantha is awesome. Hasn't hit his stride just yet in the AHL yet. Good guy though!

SpikedLemonade
01-02-2015, 04:33 PM
ok I'll make it our other 1st from St. Louis and the one from the Isles too.

They love Pasta in Boston.

I can't see them stocking draft picks for him right now.

JATMtheJATM
01-02-2015, 05:27 PM
ok I'll make it our other 1st from St. Louis and the one from the Isles too.

i like pasta too, but 2 firsts? i feel like those could be used to differently, and help round out the team, like using one to draft a goalie high, and get a middle 6 forward kinda guy.

coastal
01-02-2015, 07:05 PM
i like pasta too, but 2 firsts? i feel like those could be used to differently, and help round out the team, like using one to draft a goalie high, and get a middle 6 forward kinda guy.
I fall in love with certain players.

JATMtheJATM
01-02-2015, 07:28 PM
I fall in love with certain players.

i get that, i do as well. but i dont think selling two firsts, major assets for trading or rebuilding a roster for him is the way to do it. i feel its a gross overpayment, even if hes the real deal.

coastal
01-02-2015, 07:44 PM
i get that, i do as well. but i dont think selling two firsts, major assets for trading or rebuilding a roster for him is the way to do it. i feel its a gross overpayment, even if hes the real deal.
Two late round firsts isn't overpaying for a guy who is the "real deal".

SpikedLemonade
01-02-2015, 07:54 PM

AND the Bruins don't know that?

The Sabres have never won anything in the NHL yet they are arrogant to believe they can outsmart other teams.

The smell of Cheerios must cause brain damage.

JATMtheJATM
01-02-2015, 07:55 PM

it is if you have other needs, IMO. sabres need a few things. personally, i really REALLY want them to use a late first on a goaltender.

if subban was part of the equation, different story.