PDA

View Full Version : Hue Jackson EXPECTED to be HC Candidate for Bills maybe Falcons per sources

The Jokeman
01-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Bengals off. coordinator Hue Jackson expected to be head coaching candidate for Bills, maybe Falcons, source says. Can interview next week.
https://twitter.com/MarkMaske/status/551168608983064577

I hate to post this as it sounds like pure speculation but people were wondering about the Rooney Rule well Jackson fits the criteria and more.

Night Train
01-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Add him to the long list...of pure speculation.

stuckincincy
01-02-2015, 07:10 PM
No.

YardRat
01-02-2015, 07:14 PM
OK if I put 'Rumor' in the thread title?

elltrain22
01-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Rooney rule. Nuff said.

Mr. Miyagi
01-02-2015, 09:21 PM
"Sources say" LOL.

I agree if he even got an interview it'd be nothing more than satisfying the outdated Rooney Rule.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-03-2015, 07:23 AM
i don't know. i wouldn't mind. the last time the raiders were even looking remotely like an NFL franchise (not counting the embarrassing 12/21/14 loss to them) he was at the helm. the team seemed to play hard for him and s*** seemed to go downhill again after he was fired.

Novacane
01-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Hugh Jackson is a good coach. He's more than just a Rooney rule candidate.

Thurmal
01-03-2015, 07:26 AM
i don't know. i wouldn't mind. the last time the raiders were even looking remotely like an NFL franchise (not counting the embarrassing 12/21/14 loss to them) he was at the helm. the team seemed to play hard for him and s*** seemed to go downhill again after he was fired.

Yup. If I recall correctly, he only had one year there, and they went 8-8. New GM wanted his own guy and fired him after just that one season.

Dr. Who
01-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Whaley is a risk taker and has an eye for talent. I hope he finds a coach with similar qualities. At least we'll be reasonably certain that the coach will play the players who are brought in.

THRILLHO
01-03-2015, 07:56 AM
I liked what Hue did in his limited time in Oakland.

sudzy
01-03-2015, 08:46 AM
Yup. If I recall correctly, he only had one year there, and they went 8-8. New GM wanted his own guy and fired him after just that one season.

8-8 for an Oakland team that had a fifth of the talent the Bills do.

Albany,n.y.
01-03-2015, 08:56 AM
One really bad thing he did was that he was the driving force behind the Carson Palmer trade.

Forward_Lateral
01-03-2015, 09:00 AM
One really bad thing he did was that he was the driving force behind the Carson Palmer trade.

How was that bad? Palmer hasn't exactly lit the world on fire since being traded. He's spent more time injured than playing.

GingerP
01-03-2015, 09:04 AM
How was that bad? Palmer hasn't exactly lit the world on fire since being traded. He's spent more time injured than playing.

He gave up a 1st and a 2nd to get Palmer, who hadn't played well in years. That was a terrible trade for the Raiders, who needed a lot more than Palmer to get better.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-03-2015, 09:04 AM

he means for trading FOR carson palmer from the bengals.

DraftBoy
01-03-2015, 09:06 AM
I've been talking about Jackson as a legit candidate for years now.

Aside from being a former HC, he's also coached all three sides of the ball (OC, DB Coach, ST Coach) and coached almost every offensive skill position (QB, RB, and WR).

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-03-2015, 09:09 AM
I've been talking about Jackson as a legit candidate for years now.

Aside from being a former HC, he's also coached all three sides of the ball (OC, DB Coach, ST Coach) and coached almost every offensive skill position (QB, RB, and WR).

i hear you. he also does a hell of a job as wolverine in the x men movies

DraftBoy
01-03-2015, 09:10 AM
Hue's Coaching History:
Pacific (Graduate Assistant)
Pacific (Wide Receivers Coach & Special Teams Coach)
Pacific (Running Backs Coach & Special Teams Coach)
Cal State Fullerton (Running Backs Coach & Special Teams Coach)
London Monarchs (WLAF)(Running Backs Coach, Wide Receivers Coach & Special Teams Coach)
Arizona State (Running Backs Coach)
Arizona State (Quarterbacks Coach)
California (Offensive Coordinator & Quarterbacks Coach)
USC (Offensive Coordinator & Quarterbacks Coach)
USC (Offensive Coordinator & Running Backs Coach)
Washington Redskins (Running Backs Coach)
Washington Redskins (Offensive Coordinator)
Cincinnati Bengals (Wide Receivers Coach)
Atlanta Falcons (Offensive Coordinator)
Baltimore Ravens (Quarterbacks Coach)
Oakland Raiders (Offensive Coordinator)
Oakland Raiders (Head Coach)
Cincinnati Bengals (Secondary Coach & Assistant Special Teams Coach)
Cincinnati Bengals (Running Backs Coach)
Cincinnati Bengals (Offensive Coordinator)

justasportsfan
01-03-2015, 09:51 AM
In Hues only stint as HC, his O was ranked better than Marrones O with bills. Intriguing as long as he keeps Schwartz.

Dr. Who
01-03-2015, 10:44 AM
In Hues only stint as HC, his O was ranked better than Marrones O with bills. Intriguing as long as he keeps Schwartz.

That would be outstanding.

The Jokeman
01-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Hue's Coaching History:
Pacific (Graduate Assistant)
Pacific (Wide Receivers Coach & Special Teams Coach)
Pacific (Running Backs Coach & Special Teams Coach)
Cal State Fullerton (Running Backs Coach & Special Teams Coach)
London Monarchs (WLAF)(Running Backs Coach, Wide Receivers Coach & Special Teams Coach)
Arizona State (Running Backs Coach)
Arizona State (Quarterbacks Coach)
California (Offensive Coordinator & Quarterbacks Coach)
USC (Offensive Coordinator & Running Backs Coach)
Washington Redskins (Running Backs Coach)
Washington Redskins (Offensive Coordinator)
Cincinnati Bengals (Wide Receivers Coach)
Atlanta Falcons (Offensive Coordinator)
Baltimore Ravens (Quarterbacks Coach)
Oakland Raiders (Offensive Coordinator)
Oakland Raiders (Head Coach)
Cincinnati Bengals (Secondary Coach & Assistant Special Teams Coach)
Cincinnati Bengals (Running Backs Coach)
Cincinnati Bengals (Offensive Coordinator)
Hue's credentials are great and think he deserves a nod over some of the other young "upstart candidates". Yet part of me gets scared is that he worked with Nate's dad in Oakland so he might be willing to keep the younger around as OC or he might bring in retreads like Al Saunders or Bill Musgrave who scare me.

Mace
01-03-2015, 03:57 PM
I think Hue gets another gig somewhere someday. Here....depends on their intent for Whaley. Hue is pretty assertive, not sure that partners well with Whaley ala Whaley/Marrone.

ublinkwescore
01-03-2015, 07:57 PM
I would actually be perfectly ok with this.

swiper
01-04-2015, 06:29 AM
Hugh Jackson is a good coach. He's more than just a Rooney rule candidate.

It's hard to take posters seriously who post inaccuracies such as this.

swiper
01-04-2015, 06:35 AM
Hue's credentials are great and think he deserves a nod over some of the other young "upstart candidates". Yet part of me gets scared is that he worked with Nate's dad in Oakland so he might be willing to keep the younger around as OC or he might bring in retreads like Al Saunders or Bill Musgrave who scare me.

His head coaching credentials aren't.

starrymessenger
01-04-2015, 11:59 AM
I'd be fine with Hue or Kubiak (who called a fantastic game yesterday IMO.)
either one of those guys is capable of running the O. Let DS run the D and we will be in good hands IMO.
Maybe Schwartz would be more comfortable with another senior NFL coach with HCing experience like him than a fresh young face.
i think Schwartz could be HC with either one of the other two as OC except I don't see them accepting a lateral move.

stuckincincy
01-04-2015, 01:32 PM
I'd be fine with Hue or Kubiak (who called a fantastic game yesterday IMO.)
either one of those guys is capable of running the O. Let DS run the D and we will be in good hands IMO.
Maybe Schwartz would be more comfortable with another senior NFL coach with HCing experience like him than a fresh young face.
i think Schwartz could be HC with either one of the other two as OC except I don't see them accepting a lateral move.

I understand the B'gals large number of injuries this season. But Jackson is now ignoring the remaining strength - their run game.

starrymessenger
01-04-2015, 01:40 PM
I understand the B'gals large number of injuries this season. But Jackson is now ignoring the remaining strength - their run game.
Surprised to hear HJ would ever abandon the run.
Especially after his pre game interview segment.

The Jokeman
01-04-2015, 02:06 PM
OK if I put 'Rumor' in the thread title? I've seen a few other reports on it, so it may not be a rumor.

Mr. Miyagi
01-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Looks like Hue Jackson's stock just skyrocketed after this game LOL