Interesting paragraph in the Pegulas involment article at the News.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Interesting paragraph in the Pegulas involment article at the News.

A source close to the situation told The News that executives from previous owner Ralph Wilson’s regime – eager to maintain their power – badmouthed Polian in Marrone’s presence during the season. After Marrone exercised his exit clause Wednesday, he told Polian what he’d heard. Polian relayed that information while informing Terry Pegula on Thursday of his decision to remain an ESPN analyst, the source said.

I'll bet one of them was Overdorf. Couldn't be Brandon, he came later. The Pegulas are moving in to straighten the kids out.
  • bleve
    • Mar 2005

Re: Interesting paragraph in the Pegulas involment article at the News.

Originally posted by Mace View Post
    http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...earch-20150102

I'll bet one of them was Overdorf. Couldn't be Brandon, he came later. The Pegulas are moving in to straighten the kids out.
    Who else would it be? Littman is gone, Ralph, of course is gone (RIP). Who else is left that was an executive while Polian was around?
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Buddo
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by bleve View Post
      Who else would it be? Littman is gone, Ralph, of course is gone (RIP). Who else is left that was an executive while Polian was around?
      Scott Berchtold is a possibility.

Comment

• Strongman
        • Apr 2006

Smartphone guru Buddy Nix is still on as a consultant.

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

Here's the last of possibilities... any others that go back to Polian's time?

Buffalo Bills: The official source for Bills front office and staff members.

That's a lot of people employed by the Bills.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Bill Munson's been around quite awhile, I think.

Interesting to see Russ's brother employed by the team as 'General Counsel'.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buddo View Post
              Scott Berchtold is a possibility.

That's one guy I'd of fired immediately. Just because he's ugly.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

The priority now is finding a coach and getting the on field staff settled, since 6 teams are shopping.

Once that's done, it looks like some Ralph holdovers will be reviewed and could be in trouble.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

Just re-affirms that it is a terribly run organization. No wonder a team that hasn't won in years. It starts from the top. If Terry Pegula is worth any salt for his business acumen, he has to see there is much deeper problems within the Bills than just the 46 men suit up on Sundays.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

Here's what I don't get... either:

A) Whaley is being given a lot of latitude to pick the next coach, even if others are in the room (Pegulas included) and is unquestionably the lead in football decisions

or

B) the Pegulas don't have faith in anyone currently in the FO to fully lead this team, which is why they went after Polian

which means

We need to hire a director of football operations before we hire a coach. Pegula will show his hand in the next week or so given how things play out, but I still don't get how both of the above options seem to be partially true at this point. It certainly gives the perception of dysfunction until more information comes out. At this point, I'm hoping for A just because I think we are the right coach away from getting into the Playoffs. If the D were in worse shape/significantly older, I'd be down for a house cleaning. Given that we're not, go the Dilfer/Brad Johnson route and try and make a run with what we have for at least the next two years.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                      Just re-affirms that it is a terribly run organization. No wonder a team that hasn't won in years. It starts from the top. If Terry Pegula is worth any salt for his business acumen, he has to see there is much deeper problems within the Bills than just the 46 men suit up on Sundays.

It's doesn't affirm anything. Have you ever worked somewhere where there aren't people that don't like each other and talk behind others back?

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                        It's doesn't affirm anything. Have you ever worked somewhere where there aren't people that don't like each other and talk behind others back?
                        I do. And have on numerous occasions people gave me "little report" of about others. I don't like these kind of people.

No good organization replying on talking behind people's back to get what's going on and making decisions. There are always going to be people like to do that. It's up to management from top down to have open channels allowing words being heard anywhere and everywhere. I bet Ralph didn't do that while he held the ultimate veto power; talking on the phone to a couple of people regularly from Detroit wouldn't do that any good.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2005

Interesting article recently sited by Buffalo Rumblings about power structures around the league... about 12 months old:

We've heard over the past few weeks how confusing the power structure in Miami is, with three people all reporting directly to owner Stephen Ross. But, is it really that strange a situation? We look at the rest of the NFL to get an idea.

Maybe its not as much of a cluster as people are implying. I'm willing to wait to see how it all shakes out before drawing judgement.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Strongman View Post
                            Smartphone guru Buddy Nix is still on as a consultant.
                            His contract ends this month and it's not being renewed. Bye bye Buddy.

Comment

• Demon
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...earch-20150102

It still just doesn't add up.

So, Ralph's "inner circle" bad mouthed Bill Polian so he decided not to come? It's obvious that these people will be fired, and replaced by Pegula people, so why would he really care all that much? I thought it was common knowledge that few of Ralph's people still held a grudge towards Polian?
                              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X