PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow with a better arm?

DGreg
01-03-2015, 01:00 AM
So I have been researching some QB's for us in the upcoming draft. I have ruled out obviously JW, (love the memes) and MM as they will go early in the first. Then comes the others. I have been a fan of Russel Wilson for a while. My son's teacher had a contest to see how many kids could pick the winner of the Superbowl last year. She is a Broncos fan, everyone of the kids in her class except for my son picked the Broncos (following her lead) to win. As we were watching the Superbowl, he became more and more ecstatic because he was going to win the "prize" in his class. But what also happened is that he for the first time he watched a football game with passion. After that he was a Seahawks fan. I bought him a Russel Wilson Jersey for Christmas. He loves football now, his two favorite teams are the Bills and Seahawks. So when ever they are on we watch them together. So while researching QB's, I thought we could model our team after the Hawks. Strong D, mobile QB and a strong running game and O-line.

So we have the strong D. We need to keep our own and resign our defensive free agents. Also we have Kiko coming back. We need to resign Hughes and Searcy. Then our D is done.

So with the O-line. Seems like this is the area where we need the most work besides QB. Previously I always thought we had a strong one, Freddy and C.J. behind and solid O-line have run well for years. However this year our O-line was not as effective. This hurt all aspects of our offense. So in free agency and the draft we need to obtain 1-2 starters/upgrades. Our O-line MUST be improved significantly. It has to go from a weakness to a strength. We are going to have to spend some of Kim's money to upgrade this part of the team.

The running game. Well I know that Fred can not carry the load, C.J. can't either. One or both of them will be hurt in 2015. So, how much can we spend on C.J.? My guess is that C.J. behind an improved O-line can be a top 10 rb in the league. I vote to keep C.J. I hope we can get him at a "bargain" price. If not then this could be a difficult one to improve. There are a few backs in the 3-5 round of the draft that could be intriguing.

So then there is the QB situation. As stated previously I have become a small fan of Russel Wilson. A running QB who makes smart decisions and also is a solid passer. I think there is a QB in this draft that is the same but different. In reading multiple draft profile reviews of this QB, I saw two scouts who made comparisons to Tebow and Wilson. One called him a "white Russel Wilson" the other said "Tim Tebow with a better arm". Both of these scouts also said that this QB goes through his reads quickly, has above average smarts. Who is this QB.

Dak Prescott. Watched his game against Alabama and also his bowl game against Ga Tech. He lost both games. However he almost won both of them. He is a bruising runner at times, a very tough and physical type kid. Very smart. From what I saw he is a QB who is called on to run first and some games he rushes more then 20 times. He can extend plays with his legs and also can throw the deep ball. As he sits right now he "probably" will be available with our second round pick. Three of his last four games were against top 10 teams in which he averaged over 300 yards a game passing with 12 TD's and 4 ints. This is against the best college teams. He passed for 453 yard against Ga-tech in the bowl game.

So "Tim Tebow with a better arm". I don't think that is a bad situation. I compare his throwing stats to E.J. Well they both faced the SEC and they both passed for about the same number of yards, TDs, and ints. Except for the Dak ran for 14 TD's and almost a 1000 yards. Why develop E.J. Lets just draft an upgrade.

Don't Panic
01-03-2015, 04:36 AM
I caught him a few times when they were playing well earlier in the year. There's a lot to like. He's a gamer no doubt. However, 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio the last two years is concerning. 60% completions too... it looks like there's still a chance he goes back for his senior year. All this depends on what the next coach will be looking for first and foremost though, so we might want to wait for that before hailing the next QB.

jamze132
01-03-2015, 05:02 AM
Sounds like Jake Locker. Pass.

YardRat
01-03-2015, 05:40 AM
A new position coach and offensive coordinator with half of a brain will fix two thirds of the offensive lines woes...add a FA and another rookie for the interior, and Bingo!