PDA

View Full Version : It's looking obvious...the new owners might be idiots.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2015, 05:03 AM
You have people jumping this ship faster than the Titanic. Now Kim Pegula is going to sit in on coaching interviews. Kim is a tennis mom who doesn't belong anywhere near this process. She should spend more time at home teaching her kids not to brag about being billionaires, or letting them know that all the tennis lessons in the world won't make you a pro.

If I were a coach, NFL executive, or QB I wouldn't touch this organization with a ten foot pole. Terry needs to wake up here and bring real football people in because he's losing credibility fast. Having Polian running around bad mouthing us is insane. BTW who is negotiating the contracts for Dareus and Hughes? Kim?

I'm actually embarrassed to think this team could look worse than when Ralph had it.

Don't Panic
01-03-2015, 05:07 AM
Funny... I thought you would have been embarrassed just by putting up that post.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2015, 05:10 AM
Funny... I thought you would have been embarrassed just by putting up that post.

Not at all....just because you have a lot of money and love the area that doesn't protect you from valid criticism. Please show me Kim's resume in football. Matter of fact anything related to management.

Don't Panic
01-03-2015, 05:19 AM
Not at all....just because you have a lot of money and love the area that doesn't protect you from valid criticism. Please show me Kim's resume in football. Matter of fact anything related to management.

Kim had a lot to do with the building of Terry's empire but that's besides the point. You're fearing up the place... taking the snippets from the interweb and jumping off a bridge with them. The truth of this situation is probably pretty distant from what's been told in terms of who is going to actually run the football aspect of this team. And it won't be Kim Pegula, of that I'm sure. The three people who aren't with the team who were expected to be are an unretired dad who decided to go be a dad after a subpar season, a coach with some obvious psychological sensitivities who has an inflated perception of his worth, and a guy who is over a decade removed from doing anything impressive in football and most likely looking to get his kid a top gig. I'm cool with that, and I'm pretty sure a bunch of others are too.

YardRat
01-03-2015, 05:23 AM
If I'm the new owner my ass is going to be sitting in on all of the HC interviews also, if for no other reasons than to 1) be present so that the candidate is aware I am very interested in employing them and when an offer gets made it's done with complete support right from the top, and 2) observe...it's a new business to me and the more exposed I am to any of the dynamics gives me more knowledge and hopefully makes me a better owner.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2015, 06:15 AM
If I'm the new owner my ass is going to be sitting in on all of the HC interviews also, if for no other reasons than to 1) be present so that the candidate is aware I am very interested in employing them and when an offer gets made it's done with complete support right from the top, and 2) observe...it's a new business to me and the more exposed I am to any of the dynamics gives me more knowledge and hopefully makes me a better owner.

I don't think that was ever an argument. I think the fact that we don't have a real team executive in the room is a problem.
I'm pretty sure Whaley and Brandon were in the room for the Marrone hire. How did that work out? The Pegula's have no more experience picking a coach than you or I do.

better days
01-03-2015, 06:19 AM
The Pegula's are not idiots.

If they were, Marrone would still be HC of the Bills.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-03-2015, 06:37 AM
What ever you guys beat on him, it is a valid point of Kim Pegula being there for what value.

In fact that can be said about Terry as well. I see it as an assurance that the candidates know this hire is from Pegula, not just Whaley.

Novacane
01-03-2015, 06:39 AM
It's funny reading posts from people who have no clue what's going on inside OBD acting like they know everything that's going on inside OBD.

Night Train
01-03-2015, 06:42 AM
What a drama queen. Go find a bridge.

TacklingDummy
01-03-2015, 06:46 AM

If I just bought the Bills I wouldn't be looking for a President or GM to run them.
I would be the new President and GM.
It's my team, Im running it, and picking who I want on it.

sudzy
01-03-2015, 06:48 AM
Seriously? Don't other owners sit in on their coaching interviews? I don't know, but, I think if I was making an investment like this, I might want a little say in this.

Novacane
01-03-2015, 06:52 AM
Seriously? Don't other owners sit in on their coaching interviews? I don't know, but, I think if I was making an investment like this, I might want a little say in this.

Nope. Only the Pegulas do something so idiotic as this!

coastal
01-03-2015, 06:58 AM
This is a total ****ing circus at this point

black N yellow
01-03-2015, 06:58 AM
If it weren't for threads like this. Sigh

Typ0
01-03-2015, 06:59 AM
High decision makers being part of the hiring process is demonstration of investment. Personally, I think twice when the top dogs don't show up for my hiring.

justasportsfan
01-03-2015, 07:18 AM
Wow. HH calling billionaires idiots ?. Even if Kim doesn't know much about football, sitting in helps her learn about it or the process to say the least.

If you own a business, the best thing is getting informed. How hell is she supposed to learn? Reading HH's posts on a message board.

Mr. Miyagi
01-03-2015, 07:20 AM
You have people jumping this ship faster than the Titanic. Now Kim Pegula is going to sit in on coaching interviews. Kim is a tennis mom who doesn't belong anywhere near this process. She should spend more time at home teaching her kids not to brag about being billionaires, or letting them know that all the tennis lessons in the world won't make you a pro.

If I were a coach, NFL executive, or QB I wouldn't touch this organization with a ten foot pole. Terry needs to wake up here and bring real football people in because he's losing credibility fast. Having Polian running around bad mouthing us is insane. BTW who is negotiating the contracts for Dareus and Hughes? Kim?

I'm actually embarrassed to think this team could look worse than when Ralph had it.
I don't know where to begin with this.

Marrone leaving is the owners' fault? And Kim Pegula is a tennis mom just because she's a woman? WTF do you even know about her? Nothing.

Wow you're the embarrassment of this board. Stop posting and get the F out of here.

justasportsfan
01-03-2015, 07:23 AM
A guy who has time to spend posting on a message board is calling billionaires idiots.
Maybe HH is a trillionaire.

Don't Panic
01-03-2015, 07:24 AM
If I just bought the Bills I wouldn't be looking for a President or GM to run them.

God help us!

Dr. Who
01-03-2015, 07:26 AM

I guess one of the perks of paying 1.4 Billion for a team is three months later having fans like you showing off their intelligence.

Meathead
01-03-2015, 08:04 AM
dont be an idiot. she not JUST sitting in on interviews, shes also giving the players rubdowns, applying manicures, and whipping up a batch of egg fu yung sushi

HHURRICANE
01-03-2015, 08:07 AM
I don't know where to begin with this.

Marrone leaving is the owners' fault? And Kim Pegula is a tennis mom just because she's a woman? WTF do you even know about her? Nothing.

Wow you're the embarrassment of this board. Stop posting and get the F out of here.

Kim Pegula is a tennis mom. Dropped her daughter at the Village Glen and now has her at Bollittieris.

If I marry a Billionaire does that make me anymore than lucky?

HHURRICANE
01-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Rip on my thread all you want. Just like I don't like owners on the field, owner coaches, and owner making player decisions.

Kim Pegula does not need to be in a coaching interview. It's not chauvinism either....so nice try on that one.

BTW my money spends the same way as the Pegula's.

Goobylal
01-03-2015, 08:22 AM
If I'm an owner, I sit on on HC'ing interviews. Especially if the HC will be reporting directly to me. Whether he/they are knowledgeable about football is immaterial, and for the record, neither Terry nor Kim are, so who sits in on the interview doesn't really matter.

And Terry and Kim knew exactly what could happen when they refused Marrone's extension. If they really wanted to keep Marrone, they would have given him the extension. But they didn't, so they didn't, and he walked. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

DRutka
01-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Kim Pegula was an integrated part of Terry Pegula’s business from 1991 until 2010 when they sold it. Partly because of her hard work, the business sold for billions. She also serves as the president and Chief Executive Officer of Pegula Sports & Entertainment. Kim oversees all aspects of the 12 sports and entertainment subsidiaries that make up the multifaceted parent company.

Kim was also the driving factor as to why the Pegula’s bought the Bills. She deserves and has every right to be part of the interview process and I am glad she is involved. Also, if it wasn’t for her, Harborcenter would just be a parking garage with 2 rinks on top. It was her idea to turn it into the multi-dimensional building it is today.

sudzy
01-03-2015, 09:00 AM

Signed, Jerry Jones

Dr. Who
01-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Kim Pegula was an integrated part of Terry Pegula’s business from 1991 until 2010 when they sold it. Partly because of her hard work, the business sold for billions. She also serves as the president and Chief Executive Officer of Pegula Sports & Entertainment. Kim oversees all aspects of the 12 sports and entertainment subsidiaries that make up the multifaceted parent company.

Kim was also the driving factor as to why the Pegula’s bought the Bills. She deserves and has every right to be part of the interview process and I am glad she is involved. Also, if it wasn’t for her, Harborcenter would just be a parking garage with 2 rinks on top. It was her idea to turn it into the multi-dimensional building it is today.

All well said. The Pegulas aren't idiots, though many who comment about them are.

Albany,n.y.
01-03-2015, 09:08 AM
If the actuarial tables hold up, Kim Pegula will own the team someday. She should be doing everything up to that time to prepare herself for that day. If step one is being in on coaching interviews it's a good start.

better days
01-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Kim Pegula is a tennis mom. Dropped her daughter at the Village Glen and now has her at Bollittieris.

If I marry a Billionaire does that make me anymore than lucky?

Well, Kim is a SMART tennis mom.

Bollittieris is a MUCH better tennis academy than the Village Glen with a number of pro CHAMPIONS that were taught there.

DraftBoy
01-03-2015, 09:19 AM
Kim Pegula is the co-owner of the Buffalo Bills. As an owner she deserves to sit in on whatever damn team meeting she pleases. This thread is ridiculous.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2015, 09:35 AM
Kim Pegula is the co-owner of the Buffalo Bills. As an owner she deserves to sit in on whatever damn team meeting she pleases. This thread is ridiculous.

Actually I re-read my thread this AM and it was too harsh on Kim. I admit that it was wrong. Just want a real football person in these interviews.

swiper
01-03-2015, 09:37 AM

Bookmark this. When Marrone takes the Jets into the play-offs next year with Geno Smith as their QB we can readdress who's the idiots are.

swiper
01-03-2015, 09:38 AM

Why? Because she married a rich guy? LOL.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Why wouldn't you sit in on the interview? The person you are hiring will be the face of the franchise. Also, it gives them a chance to evaluate Whaley in action.

Goobylal
01-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Actually I re-read my thread this AM and it was too harsh on Kim. I admit that it was wrong. Just want a real football person in these interviews.
That would be Whaley.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2015, 09:44 AM
That would be Whaley.

Now that I'm not apologizing for.

X-Era
01-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Ridiculous.

There is a difference between being involved and meddling. I want my owners to be fully aware of what's happening and involved in the HC search.

feldspar
01-03-2015, 10:08 AM
Having Polian running around bad mouthing us is insane.

When exactly did this happen?

notacon
01-03-2015, 10:16 AM

Uhhhhhh.....that was Marrone's choice, not Pegla's. All reports show that Pegula wanted Marrone to stay, even trying to negotiate an extension.

The more this off season progresses the worse the new owners look. I never though it could get worse than Wilson's reign of incompetence, but, it's looking like that as every day goes by.

DraftBoy
01-03-2015, 10:29 AM

Well at this time the football guy is Whaley. Reports are that the Pegula's want to bring a football guy in still but they can't delay the search while they court the right football czar.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Because she married a rich guy? LOL.

Because she is the legal co-owner of the team. Terry Pegula is not the sole owner of the Buffalo Bills. You didn't know that?

CoolBreeze
01-03-2015, 04:51 PM
I love how there's the assumption that Kim is just a gold digger who married a wealthy man. They've been married a long time and have several children. She's an educated woman, by all accounts intelligent and motivated and been involved in his businesses. She was the driving force in acquiring the Bills. She played a big part in keeping the team here. She is younger than Terry, and who knows when the time comes when Terry passes on, she will be the sole owner of the Bills. I believe their goal is to pass the team on to their children as well. It's important they know the process and the business. I like the shakeup of a woman like her involved in the old boy network. Maybe the cronyism of the buddy system will not fly with her.

DraftBoy
01-03-2015, 04:52 PM
I love how there's the assumption that Kim is just a gold digger who married a wealthy man. They've been married a long time and have several children. She's an educated woman, by all accounts intelligent and motivated and been involved in his businesses. She was the driving force in acquiring the Bills. She played a big part in keeping the team here. She is younger than Terry, and who knows when the time comes when Terry passes on, she will be the sole owner of the Bills. I believe their goal is to pass the team on to their children as well. It's important they know the process and the business. I like the shakeup of a woman like her involved in the old boy network. Maybe the cronyism of the buddy system will not fly with her.

:bf1:

Night Train
01-03-2015, 04:59 PM
:bf1:

I second that. :bf1:

YardRat
01-03-2015, 05:03 PM
lol...I kinda figured the Pegula's honeymoon would be a little short, but under three months is ridiculous.

YardRat
01-03-2015, 05:07 PM
I believe their goal is to pass the team on to their children as well. It's important they know the process and the business.

I'll be long gone by then, but it should be an interesting dynamic to follow considering Terry also has children from a previous marriage. One thing to follow closely is how they incorporate the kids into both the Sabres and the Bills organizations over the next several years.

BertSquirtgum
01-03-2015, 05:19 PM
This is a total ****ing circus at this point

Why? Explain why you think this is a circus and what led you to that conclusion.