PDA

View Full Version : Bills to interview Mike Shanahan per adam schefter

Dying_-2-_Live
01-03-2015, 11:06 AM
News broke about 20 minutes ago. I like it, a guy who has been to a superbowl and knows what it takes to win.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-03-2015, 11:07 AM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2015/1/3/7486079/buffalo-bills-mike-shanahan-schedule-interview-for-head-coach-job

YardRat
01-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Hate it.

better days
01-03-2015, 11:09 AM
News broke about 20 minutes ago. I like it, a guy who has been to a superbowl and knows what it takes to win.

John Elway.

Well, Elway is not coming to Buffalo to be the QB.

SCREW Shanahan, he didn't want the job before when it was offered to him.

Jaybird
01-03-2015, 11:11 AM
not my first choice, but would grab him over some other options out there

SeatownBillsFan21
01-03-2015, 11:49 AM
This at least tell us that this job is desirable thie time around. Last time didnt he turn down the interview?

RedEyE
01-03-2015, 11:55 AM
I don't know, what has Shanahan done without a John Elway ( Dan Reeves pick) or Terrell Davis?

Goobylal
01-03-2015, 11:58 AM
I'd love it. Schwartz wouldn't complain about being passed up meaning the defense and ST's stay intact. Shanahan can get a running game going, which would take enormous pressure off of the QB. And as for Elway, he had his best years under Shanny. I just looked up his stats and it's amazing how many years Elway had more INTs than TDs.

black N yellow
01-03-2015, 12:01 PM
well, if it came down to john mcdaniels or shanahan, I'm going with shanahan.

Dr. Who
01-03-2015, 12:07 PM
This at least tell us that this job is desirable thie time around. Last time didnt he turn down the interview?

I think it tells us Mike Shanahan is not all that desirable.

Albany,n.y.
01-03-2015, 12:11 PM

If it came down to Josh McDaniels & Hank Bullough, I'd take old Hank.

Goobylal
01-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Yep. But he was concerned about Ralph's health/ownership issues. Those have since been resolved.

Demon
01-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Five years ago, this forum was ALL ABOUT Mike Shanahan. Now, since he failed in Washington, he sucks.

He's a smart football mind. Whatever the reasons were for his failure in Washington, you got to think he's smart enough to realize what went wrong and how to approach it differently.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, wow its been a while since i last posted here. Still got Stevie in the avatar and EJ in signature. haha

Goobylal
01-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Five years ago, this forum was ALL ABOUT Mike Shanahan. Now, since he failed in Washington, he sucks.

He's a smart football mind. Whatever the reasons were for his failure in Washington, you got to think he's smart enough to realize what went wrong and how to approach it differently.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, wow its been a while since i last posted here. Still got Stevie in the avatar and EJ in signature. haha
His defenses in Washington were pretty bad. Here he'll inherit a top unit. Same with the STs.

justasportsfan
01-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Hate it. He turned down an interview with the bills before. Now that no one wants him, he's interested all of a sudden. IMO , he just another coach where the game has passed him by

Demon
01-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Hate it. He turned down an interview with the bills before. Now that no one wants him, he's interested all of a sudden. IMO , he just another coach where the game has passed him by

Maybe. But, the 49ers are probably the most forward-thinking team in the league with advanced stats and they have/are also lining up an interview with Shanahan. So, they're stat-people must not think so either.

justasportsfan
01-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Maybe. But, the 49ers are probably the most forward-thinking team in the league with advanced stats and they have/are also lining up an interview with Shanahan. So, they're stat-people must not think so either.

Doesn't mean much right now if they are looking for a head coach just like we are.

ParanoidAndroid
01-03-2015, 12:39 PM
It's not as if football has so fundamentally changed that an experienced football coach can't figure it out. It's when an old, stubborn coach tries to hammer a square peg in a round hole that makes it look like the "game has passed him by." If Shannahan comes in and tries to turn this group of o-line players to his style of zone blocking, he'll be in trouble.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-03-2015, 01:14 PM
I don't know, what has Shanahan done without a John Elway ( Dan Reeves pick) or Terrell Davis?

He took Jake Plummer to the AFC title game and got pro bowl seasons out of Plummer, Cutler, and RG3. Shanahan the gm was garbage but Shanahan the coach is interesting. It depends on what he wants, but I wouldn't turn up my nose.

CoolBreeze
01-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Kind of funny... nobody wants him now because he declined the last time. YET, all the talk since then has been how Brandon, Overdorf, Littman, etc. etc. suck... The front office was in shambles... Ever consider that's why Shanahan declined? Those issues seem to have been resolved. If Shanahan were to solely be HC it just might be a good thing. I'd love to see this group of running backs in his offense. If Travis Henry weren't so stupid, he could been a perennial All-Pro in his system.

DynaPaul
01-03-2015, 01:42 PM
I think it tells us Mike Shanahan is not all that desirable.

Yeah, he made a fatal error going to DC to coach that train wreck. Can't say I want him here now that his star has fallen so much and again, he's another guy who wants to bring his kid along for the ride.

jimmifli
01-03-2015, 01:54 PM
He'd be great if he keeps the D staff intact and isn't in charge or personnel. Otherwise... meh.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2015, 02:05 PM
:no:

tampabay25690
01-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Would luv it if Schwartz still is the D coordinator.

BillsImpossible
01-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Would luv it if Schwartz still is the D coordinator.

Schwartz is staying. Any new coach would be out of their mind if they wanted to bring in their own DC.

That's a big advantage for the Bills, and the Bills next coach.

Mike Shanahan would make the Bills a better offensive team, period.

Goobylal
01-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Schwartz is staying. Any new coach would be out of their mind if they wanted to bring in their own DC.

That's a big advantage for the Bills, and the Bills next coach.

Mike Shanahan would make the Bills a better offensive team, period.
Yep. He'd come in knowing that the defense and ST's are completely set and that all he needs to do is focus on offense.

BillsImpossible
01-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Hiring Mike Shanahan would be the biggest coach signing in Buffalo Bills history.

He brings instant credibility, and respect.

Shanahan also knows how to find good running backs late in the draft.

Season ticket sales would explode.

He's my top choice.

Strongman
01-03-2015, 03:35 PM

I'm wondering if it's more because Ralph was seen as a meddlesome owner with a FO that's didn't like to spend money. After the way Wilson treated Wade Phillips, we seemed to have a hard time attracting decent coaches. Now that Ralph is gone, it doesn't hurt for coaches to meet with the Pegulas to see what they're like and if they are serious about winning.

BillsImpossible
01-03-2015, 03:37 PM
If Terry and Kim Pegula have to make Mike Shanahan the highest paid coach in NFL history, the free press alone would be worth it.

Want to put the Bills back on the map?

3 years, $30 million.

The amount of publicity alone would be worth the contract.

The players would be elated knowing ownership's got their back and are willing to do what's necessary to win a Super Bowl Championship for the city of Buffalo.
http://www.therichest.com/sports/the-highest-paid-coaches-in-the-nfl/

BillsImpossible
01-03-2015, 03:58 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ShanMi0.htm

170 - 138

2 Super Bowls

20 years of head coaching experience.

He's 62 years young, just like Dick LeBeau is 77 years young and still coaching the Steelers defense.

jamze132
01-03-2015, 04:08 PM
Anyone who doesn't want Shanahan over all of the coordinators are simply nuts.

BillsImpossible
01-03-2015, 04:09 PM
https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/882762095109766

Bills also setting up interview with former Broncos and Redskins HC Mike Shanahan that could occur as early as this weekend, per same source.
Shanahan confirmed there have been discussions between he and the Bills.

YardRat
01-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Other than the three year run 20 years ago, the vast majority of his career is .500 ball (131-129), and he's an overrated, arrogant asshat to boot.

BillsImpossible
01-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Other than the three year run 20 years ago, the vast majority of his career is .500 ball (131-129), and he's an overrated, arrogant asshat to boot.

Just like Bill Parcells record.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ParcBi0.htm

Very similar.

YardRat
01-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Just like Bill Parcells record.

Very similar.

Not even close.

BillsImpossible
01-03-2015, 04:34 PM
Not even close.

Oh come on! 'Not even close?'

Really?

DraftBoy
01-03-2015, 04:45 PM
No thanks.

YardRat
01-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Oh come on! 'Not even close?'

Really?

Parcells took four different teams to the playoffs (unlike Shanahan), two different teams to the Super Bowl (unlike Shanahan), and doesn't have a three consecutive season run that puts his W-L the 30 games over .500 that the total represents (like Shanahan does).

So, yes...not even close.

Mahdi
01-03-2015, 07:09 PM

What do you think Ralph was offering at that time compared to Sneider? Don't blame Shanahan for that career move.

Mahdi
01-03-2015, 07:13 PM
I would hire Shanahan instantly and also bring in Tom Cable from Seattle to be OC. Schwartz stays as DC.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-03-2015, 08:35 PM

No debate on the arrogant asshat part, but that is some hilarious stat cherry picking there.

Shockingly, when you take away any coaches' three best seasons their W-L % plummets! It's almost like removing ~40 wins and ~8 losses from any successful coach will drag them back to the mean.

ublinkwescore
01-03-2015, 08:44 PM
the broncos did have a knack for taking down the pats - even after Shanny left... just saying. I am confused on this... part of me would LOVE Hue Jackson here, but Shanahan did have belicheat's number - can he get that magic back?

HAMMER
01-03-2015, 08:47 PM
This thread, and many others around here crack me up.

Mike Shanahan, a Super Bowl winning coach that has substantial offensive credentials is going to interview and people complain and state the game has passed him by. We have a defensive coordinator on staff that has been a HC and had some success, taking his team to the playoffs, but he isn't good enough to be our HC either. Frank Reich is interviewing, by all accounts he is an excellent teacher and has great leadership qualities, but he isn't qualified because he doesn't have enough experience. Rex Ryan is too fat, has a loudmouth, and a foot fetish.

Most of us couldn't pick Todd Bowles, Adam Gase, Darrell Bevell, or Dan Quinn out of a lineup if our lives depended on it but they are supposedly hot commodities despite having zero HC experience.

You can't have it all people, there is no perfect candidate. Lombardi is dead, Gibbs retired and owns a Nascar Team, and Bill Belichick has a job he sure as hell isn't leaving to come to Buffalo. Mike Shanahan would be an incredible get for this franchise and if you can't see that you don't know football. PERIOD, end of discussion.

YardRat
01-03-2015, 09:08 PM
No debate on the arrogant asshat part, but that is some hilarious stat cherry picking there.

Shockingly, when you take away any coaches' three best seasons their W-L % plummets! It's almost like removing ~40 wins and ~8 losses from any successful coach will drag them back to the mean.

The point is, Shanahan had a great run for consecutive three years, and was a .500 coach the rest of his career. It's called an anomaly, similar to Jairus Byrd's rookie season, or CJ's 1200 yards rushing. The same can't be said for Parcells...his comparable (exactly, actually win for win) best years were '86, '90 and '98, with two different teams. Also, he still took four teams to the playoffs and two to the Super Bowl, which Shanny can't duplicate, and probably won't ever.

Looking at Parcell's and Shanahan's overall W-L records and saying 'See? They are equal" is just ridiculous.

Anybody that wants Shanahan running their show deserves what they get.

ublinkwescore
01-03-2015, 09:13 PM
shanahan is interesting, but he likes light offensive linemen. I personally would prefer road graders that can knock guys like Vince Wilfork off the ball. we need to be built to win in this division before worrying about the rest of the NFL... Hue Jackson I don't know much about aside from the fact that he did have the raiders looking solid, and was the last coach to do so.

CommissarSpartacus
01-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Shanny needs to retire...

IlluminatusUIUC
01-03-2015, 09:27 PM
The point is, Shanahan had a great run for consecutive three years, and was a .500 coach the rest of his career. It's called an anomaly, similar to Jairus Byrd's rookie season, or CJ's 1200 yards rushing. The same can't be said for Parcells...his comparable (exactly, actually win for win) best years were '86, '90 and '98, with two different teams. Also, he still took four teams to the playoffs and two to the Super Bowl, which Shanny can't duplicate, and probably won't ever.

Looking at Parcell's and Shanahan's overall W-L records and saying 'See? They are equal" is just ridiculous.

Anybody that wants Shanahan running their show deserves what they get.

I'm not comparing Shanahan to Parcells (though I will note that he took so many teams to the playoffs because he refused to stay anywhere), I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is to lop off a guy's three best seasons when comparing W-L records. I mean, look what happens when you lop off his three worst seasons: the three years in Washington that weren't RG3s rookie year. His win % jumps all the way to .600.

It's the definition of statistical cherry picking.

YardRat
01-03-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm not comparing Shanahan to Parcells (though I will note that he took so many teams to the playoffs because he refused to stay anywhere), I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is to lop off a guy's three best seasons when comparing W-L records. I mean, look what happens when you lop off his three worst seasons: the three years in Washington that weren't RG3s rookie year. His win % jumps all the way to .600.

It's the definition of statistical cherry picking.

My response was directed at a post doing just that...comparing Shanahan to Parcells. It's a valid argument within the context of it's intent. As for his many jobs, really? Taking four teams to the playoffs doesn't count because he worked for four different teams? What is a better definition of success? Building four teams into contenders over a 20 year career, or building one for three consecutive seasons?

If you want to take the discussion in a different direction, I could respond a couple of ways...

1) Pointing out anomalies isn't cherry-picking, it's reality.
2) For a further comparison, lot's of coaches have had pretty good short runs with one team, that doesn't make them a great coach or an enviable candidate because of their experience. The overall body of work is more important than a fleeting moment.

Mahdi
01-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Shanahan is now my number 1 target.

Would do wonders with our OL and CJ Spiller. Great with screens and is a proven play caller.

Bring in Shan, Tom Cable as OC and Kirk Cousins to compete via trade using a 4th rd pick or 5th.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-03-2015, 10:48 PM
My response was directed at a post doing just that...comparing Shanahan to Parcells.

You have it backwards. Parcells was brought up in response to your attempt at cherry-picking. Go back and read it, it's only one page old. But none of that really concerns me, because I didn't make that comparison.
If you want to take the discussion in a different direction, I could respond a couple of ways...

1) Pointing out anomalies isn't cherry-picking, it's reality.

You shaved off his three best seasons and then pointed out that the numbers moved towards the average like it was some kind of revelation. It's basic statistics. As I pointed out, if you chop off his bad seasons it makes him look like one of the elite coaches of all time.

2) For a further comparison, lot's of coaches have had pretty good short runs with one team, that doesn't make them a great coach or an enviable candidate because of their experience. The overall body of work is more important than a fleeting moment.

Hand-waving away 46 wins and two Super Bowl championships in three seasons as a "pretty good short run" is commendable spin. But here, let me put my own on it. In coaching Denver for 14 years, he only had two losing seasons, and one came when his Hall of Fame QB retired and his MVP caliber halfback blew out his knee in the first month. But IMO Shanahan's biggest failings were as a GM, not as a coach, where he made disastrous move after disastrous move (Maurice Clarett, Deltha O'Neal, etc)

Let's look at what he does on Offense, in 26 (completed) years as either a OC or HC, his scoring offenses have finished in the top 10 seventeen times with four #1 finishes. And to save you the effort, if you take out Elway and Young he's managed to get six Top 10 offenses out of Brian Griese, Gus Frerotte, Jake Plummer, and RG3.

He's an atrocious GM. If we hire him, I would make it quite clear that he's not picking the players and order Bills security to taser him if he tries to call in a pick on draft day. But if you are looking for an offensive coach, you would be extremely hard pressed to find a better one.

pmoon6
01-04-2015, 06:03 AM
Shanahan is now my number 1 target.

Would do wonders with our OL and CJ Spiller. Great with screens and is a proven play caller.

Bring in Shan, Tom Cable as OC and Kirk Cousins to compete via trade using a 4th rd pick or 5th.:rofl: Let us know how the interview goes.

Number One: Buffalo is not a high enough profile city for the egomaniac.

Number Two: Shanahan mortgaged the Redskins future trading up to take RGIII. I mean some Bills' Fans are unhappy with the Watkins move. If Shanny does a similar deal here, many fans will be committing ritual suicide.

Number Three: In Washington, Shanny took the job to groom his son for a career in the NFL and the money, of course. Do you think it will be any different in Buffalo?

Number Four: Shanahans' claim to fame is his blocking schemes. His schemes included a lot of cut blocked, in fact I think he invented it. I don't believe you can do that anymore.

swiper
01-04-2015, 06:10 AM
The problem, Illuminatus, is that Shanahan is a more practiced version of Doug Marrone. He's a power freak and will likely insist on some sort of final say over personnel decisions even if he agreed to come back under the guise of "coach only." His tenure in Washington should be everyone's lasting remembrance of him. Hire Mike Shanahan and you will be hating the decision within a couple of years. I'd rather go with an unknown.

Famous Amos
01-04-2015, 06:29 AM
Exchanging one control freak for another huh.

YardRat
01-04-2015, 06:47 AM
You have it backwards. Parcells was brought up in response to your attempt at cherry-picking. Go back and read it, it's only one page old. But none of that really concerns me, because I didn't make that comparison.

Hey, actually you are correct. Congratulations, you just made the short list...it's been so long, I forget who the other poster on it is, though. Maybe Lecter?

You shaved off his three best seasons and then pointed out that the numbers moved towards the average like it was some kind of revelation. It's basic statistics. As I pointed out, if you chop off his bad seasons it makes him look like one of the elite coaches of all time.

Fair enough...shave off his worse three seasons also. 117-99. 9-7 works out to be about the average. One game above mediocre, which, I guess, considering the last 15 years of Buffalo's records is a slight improvement.

Hand-waving away 46 wins and two Super Bowl championships in three seasons as a "pretty good short run" is commendable spin. But here, let me put my own on it. In coaching Denver for 14 years, he only had two losing seasons, and one came when his Hall of Fame QB retired and his MVP caliber halfback blew out his knee in the first month. But IMO Shanahan's biggest failings were as a GM, not as a coach, where he made disastrous move after disastrous move (Maurice Clarett, Deltha O'Neal, etc)

He got ****-canned in Oakland after a season and a quarter...even *******s like Marrone can stick longer than that. A good run in Denver, which I'm pretty sure having a HOF QB helped. Horrid in Washington. 3 teams, two major fails. Do you really want to see his resume 'padded' with a fourth team, and a third major fail? He doesn't have Elway and Davis to work with here. I agree on the GM part...a head coach should have input into the player acquisitions, but do you honestly think he's going to come in and not expect to have final say?

Let's look at what he does on Offense, in 26 (completed) years as either a OC or HC, his scoring offenses have finished in the top 10 seventeen times with four #1 finishes. And to save you the effort, if you take out Elway and Young he's managed to get six Top 10 offenses out of Brian Griese, Gus Frerotte, Jake Plummer, and RG3.

He's an atrocious GM. If we hire him, I would make it quite clear that he's not picking the players and order Bills security to taser him if he tries to call in a pick on draft day. But if you are looking for an offensive coach, you would be extremely hard pressed to find a better one.

Then bring him in as OC...not the head guy. That argument actually makes his results look worse...all that production on offense, and zero to show for it other than the anomaly. From '99 to current, his overall is 115-109, and he's won exactly one playoff game. One. Kudo's to him, he's up by a whole game over the suckage of the Bills in the same time frame.

Don't Panic
01-04-2015, 07:02 AM
Why does this guy get no credit for going 13-3 with Jake Plummer?

pmoon6
01-04-2015, 07:12 AM
Why does this guy get no credit for going 13-3 with Jake Plummer?Plummer wasn't a bad QB. Also, the running game was outstanding and the defense gave up an average of 15 points a game.

So, saying he did well with a mediocre/good QB is a little misleading.

Don't Panic
01-04-2015, 07:19 AM
...not to mention, the worst season he had between 2000 and 2008 was 7-9. No Elway, no TD...

The Redskins thing has been a mess for every coach who has come along since Snyder has been there. He may have overplayed his hand there, but I can't blame him for the whole thing. I'm warming to the idea of him by the minute.

pmoon6
01-04-2015, 07:33 AM
...not to mention, the worst season he had between 2000 and 2008 was 7-9. No Elway, no TD...

The Redskins thing has been a mess for every coach who has come along since Snyder has been there. He may have overplayed his hand there, but I can't blame him for the whole thing. I'm warming to the idea of him by the minute.The idea may be moot, anyway. Shanny is interviewing in San Francisco, a place he spent some time in. It's high profile enough and it's a nice place to live. Let's see...Buffalo...San Francisco...what to do...where to go?

Mahdi
01-04-2015, 07:42 AM
:rofl: Let us know how the interview goes.

Number One: Buffalo is not a high enough profile city for the egomaniac.

Number Two: Shanahan mortgaged the Redskins future trading up to take RGIII. I mean some Bills' Fans are unhappy with the Watkins move. If Shanny does a similar deal here, many fans will be committing ritual suicide.

Number Three: In Washington, Shanny took the job to groom his son for a career in the NFL and the money, of course. Do you think it will be any different in Buffalo?

Number Four: Shanahans' claim to fame is his blocking schemes. His schemes included a lot of cut blocked, in fact I think he invented it. I don't believe you can do that anymore.

Number one: he wouldn't interview if he wasn't interested

Number 2: Sneider is the one who mortgaged the future on RG3.

Number 3: you are speculating on his intentions plus he won't be bringing his son in as OC and if he did that's not a bad thing as his son knows offense too.

Number 4: Shanahan is a play caller not just a 'blocking scheme ' guy. Also lots of teams run zone schemes and are very successful with it. Houston, Baltimore, Seattle, Cleveland, Philly. Gary Kubiak is a direct Shanahan disciple and brings a good offense with him wherever he goes.

YardRat
01-04-2015, 07:44 AM
I would take Kubiak over Shanahan in a second. Yeah, I went there.

pmoon6
01-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Number one: he wouldn't interview if he wasn't interested

Number 2: Sneider is the one who mortgaged the future on RG3.

Number 3: you are speculating on his intentions plus he won't be bringing his son in as OC and if he did that's not a bad thing as his son knows offense too.

Number 4: Shanahan is a play caller not just a 'blocking scheme ' guy. Also lots of teams run zone schemes and are very successful with it. Houston, Baltimore, Seattle, Cleveland, Philly. Gary Kubiak is a direct Shanahan disciple and brings a good offense with him wherever he goes.Lick Shanahans' balls if you like, maybe that will change his mind.

Coaches schedule interviews all the time. It's called "leverage" to have the team they really want to go think they are much sought after and therefore inflates their contract.

Of course I'm speculating. So are you, but I have actually met Mike Shanahan at a company function at Mile High Stadium that involved Broncos staff and the owner. He's a pompous ass in love with himself. If Pat Bowlen, John Elway and Mike Shanahan were on fire, I wouldn't piss on them to put it out. Let the elitist pigs burn.

better days
01-04-2015, 08:33 AM

I wouldn't touch either of them with a ten foot pole.

better days
01-04-2015, 08:39 AM

Since DeBartello left as owner, the front office of that organization is questionable.

Yes they hired Harbaugh, but then they parted ways with him.

Let's see how good their next hire is.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Hey, actually you are correct. Congratulations, you just made the short list...it's been so long, I forget who the other poster on it is, though. Maybe Lecter?

What do I win?

Fair enough...shave off his worse three seasons also. 117-99. 9-7 works out to be about the average. One game above mediocre, which, I guess, considering the last 15 years of Buffalo's records is a slight improvement.

117-99 works out to a .542 winning %. I have no idea why you equate that to "mediocre" because it puts him among other successful coaches: Jon Gruden, Tom Coughlin, Tom Flores, etc.

He got ****-canned in Oakland after a season and a quarter...even *******s like Marrone can stick longer than that.

Who was the owner in LA at the time?

I agree on the GM part...a head coach should have input into the player acquisitions, but do you honestly think he's going to come in and not expect to have final say?

Not being GM would be my condition of hiring him. If that's a dealbreaker for him, he can walk and take another job.

From '99 to current, his overall is 115-109, and he's won exactly one playoff game. One. Kudo's to him, he's up by a whole game over the suckage of the Bills in the same time frame.

What?

Anyway, you're complaining that Shanahan isn't successful enough for you and saying you'd take Kubiak instead? How does that work? How can you defend Kubiak's record after smashing Shanahan's? If it's about personality, I can understand that totally, but record?

RedEyE
01-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Bills already interviewed Shanahan.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/05/report-mike-shanahan-interviewed-with-raiders-bills/

Meathead
01-05-2015, 03:07 PM
idk i have a feeling shanny might be a different shanny. wdc was pretty embarrassing for him. that could be a good thing for the bills if hes come back down to earth and can proceed as a good football man and not the grand pubah of self aggrandized glory he went into that job with

or he could just be stuck on being a self centered dick and in two years i would pretend i never said these words in my life

i wouldnt mind having a name coach for the first time in a real long time. and it could help keep schwartz here for a spell too

YardRat
01-05-2015, 05:17 PM
I think he and Schwartz would clash. Shanny is such a self-aggrandizing, egotistical ***** if he was the Bills head coach this season Schwartz would have been fired in the locker room after the Detroit game.