PDA

View Full Version : Girgs makes his first ever All-Star game

DetDannyWilliams
01-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Per NHL app

coastal
01-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Considering he's about even on +/- on this team... he's earned it.

He's the perfect 2nd line center, and quite frankly Ennis is a great winger for him. We need something else besides Moulson on the the side.

The problem is that's out first line, and out other lines are 4th or AHL quality lines.

Reinhart impressed me in the WJC. His performance was improved over last years. He looks like he might develop into a 1st line center but needs an elite winger to take full advantage of his skills. McDavid played wing with Lazar at the WJCs and from what I saw of Eichel, I'd like to see him on the wing. I did not like his defensive game and was best in the offensive zone on the perimeter.

JATMtheJATM
01-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Considering he's about even on +/- on this team... he's earned it.

He's the perfect 2nd line center, and quite frankly Ennis is a great winger for him. We need something else besides Moulson on the the side.

The problem is that's out first line, and out other lines are 4th or AHL quality lines.

Reinhart impressed me in the WJC. His performance was improved over last years. He looks like he might develop into a 1st line center but needs an elite winger to take full advantage of his skills. McDavid played wing with Lazar at the WJCs and from what I saw of Eichel, I'd like to see him on the wing. I did not like his defensive game and was best in the offensive zone on the perimeter.

couldnt armia grow into that winger? granted, i think armia is a second line winger in the making, but his skillset and reinharts skillset could overproduce if they mesh well.

coastal
01-04-2015, 02:14 PM
couldnt armia grow into that winger? granted, i think armia is a second line winger in the making, but his skillset and reinharts skillset could overproduce if they mesh well.
the Sabres should be looking to put an elite goal scorer on one side of Sam and a power forward on the other.

is Armia going to develop into either of those?

JATMtheJATM
01-04-2015, 03:01 PM
the Sabres should be looking to put an elite goal scorer on one side of Sam and a power forward on the other.

is Armia going to develop into either of those?

unlikely, but i think his style of play could be categorized as a power forward.

i like him as a second liner, but the skillset and body size is there for him to develop beyond.

coastal
01-04-2015, 03:13 PM
unlikely, but i think his style of play could be categorized as a power forward.

i like him as a second liner, but the skillset and body size is there for him to develop beyond.
quite a stock pile of talent they're putting together... Armia, Grigs, Lemieux, pysyck, Compher, Fasching, Reinhart, plus 3 first rounders and two second rounders this year.

all this to go with Risto, Girgs and Zad.

JATMtheJATM
01-04-2015, 03:17 PM
quite a stock pile of talent they're putting together... Armia, Grigs, Lemieux, pysyck, Compher, Fasching, Reinhart, plus 3 first rounders and two second rounders this year.

all this to go with Risto, Girgs and Zad.

mccabe too. i think we should watch possler too. late round pick some scouts felt was a steal that late in the draft and could be a diamond in the rough kinda pick. hard to project those kinds of things, but something to watch.

denverboz
01-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Zemgus Girgensons got more All-Star votes than anyone else in the league.

When fan voting wrapped up on Jan. 1, Girgensons finished with 1,574,896 votes. His closest competition -- almost 350,000 votes behind -- was Kane, he of the two Stanley Cup rings and one Conn Smythe Trophy, with 1,232,201.
The chances he will get cocky about his All-Star status are nil: "I would get eaten alive, that's for sure," he said.

Girgensons laughed when he pointed out that while he was proud and honored to positively represent his country, he figured that many fans would now be Googling where and what Latvia is.

DetDannyWilliams
01-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Sabres center grateful for All-Star Game recognition, but feels sheepish about the voting process that got him there.
Read more » (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/the-stars-are-aligning-for-girgensons-20150124)

DetDannyWilliams
01-24-2015, 01:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000562010407/f92a65b60c39f7ef281385eb1474c16b_normal.jpegJohn Vogl @BuffNewsVogl (https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl) · 3h3 hours ago (https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/559036159821897728)

The Sabres' Zemgus Girgensons will compete in three events at tonight's skills competition: fastest skater, relay challenge and shootout.

SpikedLemonade
01-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Sabres center grateful for All-Star Game recognition, but feels sheepish about the voting process that got him there.
Read more » (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/the-stars-are-aligning-for-girgensons-20150124)

Sounds like someone associated with the Sabres still has some pride left.