Maybe bringing in Shanahan and Cutler wouldn't be a bad thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Maybe bringing in Shanahan and Cutler wouldn't be a bad thing...

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Jim Kelly is a HOF'er. His stats aren't much different than Cutler...

Complete career NFL stats for Miami Dolphins Quarterback Jay Cutler on ESPN. Includes scoring, rushing, defensive and receiving stats.

I was very surprised. At first I thought no way. Not crazy bout his demeanor, but he had two of his better years with Shanahan.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: Maybe bringing in Shanahan and Cutler wouldn't be a bad thing...

Comparing any QBs stats from the 1980's or even the 1990s to the modern day falls flat. Jim's best statistical season ever (1991) barely cracks the Top 5 in any categories today

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Bringing in just one of them would be horrible, doubling down on both I don't think I could stomach.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

I'm good with both

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

If the defense performs the same way next year with Shanahan on the sideline and Cutler on the field, the Bills make the playoffs.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
            If the defense performs the same way next year with Shanahan on the sideline and Cutler on the field, the Bills make the playoffs.
            LOL...plug in Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick and you could contend the same thing.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              LOL...plug in Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick and you could contend the same thing.
              Except that Shannahan has 2 SB and Cutler has the arm to play in Buffalo. He was a top QB with Shannahan.

Comment

• jpdex12
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                pff, come on?
                Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

We couldn't be lucky enough to get cutler.

We will be stuck with EJ, and if that happens it will be another .500 season at best.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I think if shanahan came in and kept swartz and staff thay coulb b nasty....I wouldnt mind mcdaniels either and same scenario
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

If I was compiling a list of coaches and QBs I'd dream of having, Shanny and Cutler would never be on that list.

However, when I compare them to having Marrone and EJ/Orton, well HELL YES I'd take them.

Elway or not, Shanny has two rings as a head coach, and Cutler, albeit a dick, has more talent than any QB we've had since Kelly.

When you look at what's available out there, the pickin's are slim.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

its been so long since ive been laid i was looking at a street lady the other day and thought with a good scrubbing and a couple flea dips i just might

thats how i feel about cutler
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

I like how Bledsoe, I mean Cutler, is somehow our answer on offense.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

I'd take Cutler @ 5 million a year without having to compensate the Bears with players or picks. Shanahan is an arrogant ******* who I would want no part of.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

Feelings about Shanahan and Cutler aside, this one's pretty simple. You either think we can make the playoffs with one of these coordinators and some unknown solution at QB (could be EJ), or you don't. If you don't, then you open up to the idea of a proven HC taking a QB he hand picked and combining them with a top notch D for what could be a deeper run into the playoffs. With Cutler, its a two year gamble. I'm on the fence... I completely get the arguments both ways. If we didn't have an elite D that was in its peak window, I wouldn't even consider it. But we do. I'd hate to take three years to get the O fixed only to find the window closed on the D. That would be a continuation of the cycle we've been in for over 10 years. Shanny/Cutler is the biggest "all in" option out there. Hard to dismiss it outright.

Comment

Working...
                              X