Source: Bills Request Interviews with Hue Jackson and Teryl Austin (Schefter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Source: Bills Request Interviews with Hue Jackson and Teryl Austin (Schefter)

That makes a total of nine formal interviews and if Schwartz interviews it makes 10.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Source: Bills Request Interviews with Hue Jackson and Teryl Austin (Schefter)

Why in the hell is Austin on the list?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Re: Source: Bills Request Interviews with Hue Jackson and Teryl Austin (Schefter)

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Why in the hell is Austin on the list?
      2nd overall defense in the NFL, 3rd in Run D, and tops in scoring defense. Also has interviews with San Francisco and Atlanta.
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Gace
        Quinn
        Bevell
        Reich
        Ryan
        Shanahan
        Jackson
        Austin
        Schwartz
        Hamilton

Is that the 10?

Looks like Austin may be a Rooney Rule candidate...

Minority coaches and executives are sponsored through the Fritz Pollard Alliance, of which Whaley is an alumnus.

The Fritz Pollard Alliance’s top coaching suggestions this year include Green Bay Packers assistant head coach Winston Moss, Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson and Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Gace
          Quinn
          Bevell
          Reich
          Ryan
          Shanahan
          Jackson
          Austin
          Schwartz
          Hamilton

Is that the 10?

Looks like Austin may be a Rooney Rule candidate...

Minority coaches and executives are sponsored through the Fritz Pollard Alliance, of which Whaley is an alumnus.

The Fritz Pollard Alliance’s top coaching suggestions this year include Green Bay Packers assistant head coach Winston Moss, Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson and Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton.
          9, I don't see where Ryan is a confirmed interview yet. I used Rodak's list from this morning so he may be off.

The "traditional" Rooney Rule candidate is the random position coach who happens to be a minority. The Jets did this by interviewing Anthony Lynn. I think the Bills interest in any of the minority candidates listed is legitimate. I mean three candidates on the list are minority candidates. They don't need a Rooney Rule token candidate.
          Last edited by DraftBoy; 01-04-2015, 07:17 AM.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            9, I don't see where Ryan is a confirmed interview yet. I used Rodak's list from this morning so he may be off.

The "traditional" Rooney Rule candidate is the random position coach who happens to be a minority. The Jets did this by interviewing Anthony Lynn. I think the Jets interest in any of the minority candidates listed is legitimate. I mean three candidates on the list are minority candidates. They don't need a Rooney Rule token candidate.
            I didn't mean it in the sense of a 'token', but considering Whaley's ties with the Pollard Alliance and Austin's name being on the recommendation list the connection can't be a coincidence.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I didn't mean it in the sense of a 'token', but considering Whaley's ties with the Pollard Alliance and Austin's name being on the recommendation list the connection can't be a coincidence.
              That may be true. Don't sleep on Austin as a legit candidate though, it could be (and has been) argued that he got more from the defense that Schwartz built than Schwartz did in Detroit.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                That may be true. Don't sleep on Austin as a legit candidate though, it could be (and has been) argued that he got more from the defense that Schwartz built than Schwartz did in Detroit.
                Granted. I'm sure the Alliance endorses candidates that they feel are worthy of an interview, as opposed to just throwing darts at a board.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                X