X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Sully's Rip Article Came Out --- on the Pegulas

Can't say I don't agree the main point - the Pegulas acted too slow or put too much faith in Polian. Maybe they didn't want to be a distraction in the regular season by getting a consultant publicly. But there are ways around it.

Unlike Sully, I think there is another way which is empowering Whaley to do all. That looks like more or less the case now but they could've come out made it decisively so from the moment Marrone submitted his out option.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Sully's Rip Article Came Out --- on the Pegulas

Sully's definition of a honeymoon isn't much longer than a few around here.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Just another one of his self back patting articles.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Sullivan is a phony. He has the nerve to say Pegula should of given in to Marrone on the extension? He ripped Marrone all year!

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Completely agree with Sully.

maybe he's sobered up or something, but this is a great piece.

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

He could at least give Kim and Terry a week to get things in order before ripping them. We just started the NFL playoffs which makes interviewing the best coaches a little complicated and I don't think anyone really thought Phoney Marroney would follow through on his threat.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Hard not to agree with this part...

This might have been avoided if Pegula hadn’t dragged his feet on bringing in an outside football man to evaluate the organization. He didn’t wait as long as he did with the Sabres, when he blindly swore allegiance to a failed general manager and paid dearly for it. But he still waited too long.

The sharks move more swiftly in the NFL. You have to strike when the opportunity is there. There was a report that Pegula was interested in hiring a football czar in mid-October. Ernie Accorsi, Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren were mentioned. I proposed Polian back in September.

Pegula wanted to wait until the end of the regular season. He knew that Polian wasn’t ready, that he didn’t want to jeopardize his Hall of Fame chances by chasing another job. Waiting on Polian cost Pegula precious time. He should have gone hard after one of the other candidates instead.

So the Bears hired Accorsi after firing their general manager and coach. The Jets hired two consultants – Wolf and Charley Casserly – after whacking their coach and GM. Do you suppose that Jets owner Woody Johnson brought in both of those men because he knew his AFC rival was also looking for a czar?

The minute the ink was dry on the sale in October, Pegula should have hired his czar....
              Last edited by Guest; 01-04-2015, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Sully's definition of a honeymoon isn't much longer than a few around here.
                That's because Jerry Sullivans' wife left him for the valet on their wedding night.

Explains everything.

Comment

• pmoon6
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                  Hard not to agree with this part...

This might have been avoided if Pegula hadn’t dragged his feet on bringing in an outside football man to evaluate the organization. He didn’t wait as long as he did with the Sabres, when he blindly swore allegiance to a failed general manager and paid dearly for it. But he still waited too long.

The sharks move more swiftly in the NFL. You have to strike when the opportunity is there. There was a report that Pegula was interested in hiring a football czar in mid-October. Ernie Accorsi, Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren were mentioned. I proposed Polian back in September.

Pegula wanted to wait until the end of the regular season. He knew that Polian wasn’t ready, that he didn’t want to jeopardize his Hall of Fame chances by chasing another job. Waiting on Polian cost Pegula precious time. He should have gone hard after one of the other candidates instead.

So the Bears hired Accorsi after firing their general manager and coach. The Jets hired two consultants – Wolf and Charley Casserly – after whacking their coach and GM. Do you suppose that Jets owner Woody Johnson brought in both of those men because he knew his AFC rival was also looking for a czar?

The minute the ink was dry on the sale in October, Pegula should have hired his czar....
                  How long before you start wishing the Pegulas die in an air crash?

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                    How long before you start wishing the Pegulas die in an air crash?
                    Huh?

I wish them nothing but the best.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                      Huh?

I wish them nothing but the best.
                      So, I guess that means you'll give them the entire off season.

You must be like a pig in ****, Ralph actually did pass away.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

lol..."It was my brilliant idea to go after Polian, Pegula is a dumbass for listening to me."

Well, two of three mentioned above are dumbasses, and one of them isn't named Terry.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• EricStratton
                          • Jul 2002

He suggested the hiring of Polian in September but the sale wasn't final until October.

How was that supposed to work.

This whole Football Czar thing makes me scratch my head. NFL teams have worked for years without hiring outside consultants and done it very well, why the push to do it now.

Also listening to the radio in jersey it seems like the Jets two guys are screwing things up trying to get interviews for people they are connected to more then helping at this point. Mike Lupica ran through the connections for the guys they alba e suggested yesterday and it's a mess.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
                            He suggested the hiring of Polian in September but the sale wasn't final until October.

How was that supposed to work.

This whole Football Czar thing makes me scratch my head. NFL teams have worked for years without hiring outside consultants and done it very well, why the push to do it now.

Also listening to the radio in jersey it seems like the Jets two guys are screwing things up trying to get interviews for people they are connected to more then helping at this point. Mike Lupica ran through the connections for the guys they alba e suggested yesterday and it's a mess.
                            Too true. You have to remember the NFL is now covered to astronomical proportions. It eclipses even world events. Most people don't know that the Ukraine was part of the old Soviet Union, but they can tell you the backup running back on the Dallas Cowboys.

Therefore, it's picked apart and over analyzed by little pencil neck geeks with a journalism degree.

I think the football "czar" thingie was important for Pegula to ease his transition to the NFL. Of course, all you need is a really good GM, which we may have in Whalley. Hiring Polian would have been hedging their bets because of lack of confidence.

Comment

• cookie G
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                              Completely agree with Sully.

maybe he's sobered up or something, but this is a great piece.
                              I think he's still pretty drunk.

I saw this yesterday on another site when I was trolling for coaching search news.

The guy just screams tool.

Sammy Watkins makes a tweet yesterday:

@sammywatkins: Trying to see what activities I'm doing today city so boring ������

Drunken sports writer responds with his own two cents:

@TBNSully: Maybe Sammy Watkins could actually try to discover some of the culture that Buffalo has to offer.

Young rookie with enormous upside gently reminds drunken sports writer:

Sammy Watkins ‏@sammywatkins 46s46 seconds ago

To all you clueless page stalkers who have clearly nothing else to do but watch my tweets I'm not in BUFFALO wasn't referring to BUFF

Score one for the young rookie!

Comment

Working...
                              X