Source: Russ Brandon Chief Proponent of Mike Shanahan (LaCanfora)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Source: Russ Brandon Chief Proponent of Mike Shanahan (LaCanfora)

Not a huge surprise, he's wanted him before, bringing in a name coach will help sell tickets, and he's honestly fighting for his job and they have to get this hire right.

I still don't want Shanny.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Source: Russ Brandon Chief Proponent of Mike Shanahan (LaCanfora)

Well, if that isn't reason enough to shun Shanny, I don't know what is.

Stay the **** away from football, Russ.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Well, if that isn't reason enough to shun Shanny, I don't know what is.

Stay the **** away from football, Russ.
      Agreed on both accounts.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015...n-wants-shanny

Not a huge surprise, he's wanted him before, bringing in a name coach will help sell tickets, and he's honestly fighting for his job and they have to get this hire right.

I still don't want Shanny.
        Shanny would want too much control and why I wouldn't want him. I feel Kubiak's the perfect guy to get but with the Ravens winning yesterday it's going to be tougher waiting for him. That said he could get the defense and ST staff together and jut bring in the offensive staff. It shouldn't be too hard to fill since his likely OC Candidate (Rick Dennison) is working with him on Baltimore. Yet his former O-line guy has the same job in Miami and his assistant is in Dallas under the same job title. Yet another reason I like Kubiak as we might be able to nab one of his former QBs (TJ Yates and/or maybe Matt Schaub) as UFAs and a guy like Owen Daniels is an interesting name in UFA that be an improvement over Lee Smith as our 2nd TE too.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Year 16 here we come.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

I want to know what qualifies Russ Brandon to have any input into this hiring process.

He has ZERO football background and has failed miserably here in such searches.

Worthless.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
              I want to know what qualifies Russ Brandon to have any input into this hiring process.

Worthless.
              He might be there to see if he can "sell" the HC. As if the guy they interview is a wet noodle then he might let the Pegula's know it's going to be difficult to get season ticket holders to want to back so and so. As yes the NFL should be about football first and foremost but it's a product that needs to be sold on fans etc. I mean look at the popularity of this and other message boards on the subject. I mean look at the Sabres and Ted Nolan. I think part of the reason he was brought back is 1)He's shown he can develop young talent and 2)He's a guy that the Buffalo community has embraced and someone I and others would pay to see. Moreso then a Ron Wilson or a Mark Crawford etc. In others words, sports teams are no longer just a team but they are a brand. Sure winning should ultimately be above all else but quite frankly it isn't. I mean as inept as the Raiders are I'd say they probably have more fans than the Bills do in part because of their image.
              Last edited by The Jokeman; 01-04-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post

Worthless.
                He has his apologists.
                "But last time he left no stone unturned, he stood on his right foot. This time he'll stand on his left. He hasn't been the president for 15 yrs, just the figure head." Im over it, where are the raiders. Weren't they looking to take him.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  He has his apologists.
                  "But last time he left no stone unturned, he stood on his right foot. This time he'll stand on his left. He hasn't been the president for 15 yrs, just the figure head." Im over it, where are the raiders. Weren't they looking to take him.
                  I guess you could call me a Russ apologist, but no way in hell do I want Russ involved in the hiring of the HC or any other football matter.

Comment

• starrymessenger
                    • Oct 2009

If Pegs is smart he will listen attentively to whatever Russ is recommending.
                    And then do the exact opposite.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Instead of hiring a proven guy we'll hire some second tier bum and in 3 years do it all over again.

Holla!

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                        Instead of hiring a proven guy we'll hire some second tier bum and in 3 years do it all over again.

Holla!
                        This type of post is probably why you are in the red.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          This type of post is probably why you are in the red.
                          Something like that.

Doesn't mean it's not true. That's the track record of this organization.

Comment

• starrymessenger
                            • Oct 2009

Holla!
                            Shanny hasn't done much recently and junior, who he might try to bring with him, is another Hackett.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Something like that.

Doesn't mean it's not true. That's the track record of this organization.
                              See, the problem with that is there is NO track record since Pegula bought the Bills.

It is a fresh start.

Comment

Working...
                              X