PDA

View Full Version : Business and football operations

coastal
01-04-2015, 10:13 AM
I don't think there's a person on this site that thinks Russ Brandon's involvement on the football side of things needs to end. he has zero qualifications and his track record has proven abysmal.

in order for this franchise to move forward, he needs to be removed from the equation all together. Oh I know.... he's a "brilliant" business man. Keep him on the business side of things so we can take advantage of his strengths. This entire argument has become maddeningly frustrating. Saying it over and over again doesn't make it any more valid than the first time it was poorly pushed forward.

my take is that the two separate sides of operations really aren't separate and don't exist in independent silos. I'm of the opinion that they are part of the same silo. They are different functions within that silo mind you... but in truly successful organizations, they work hand in hand.

lets look at this another way... like an algebraic equation. What you do to one side of the equation, you must do to the other. You can't cancel out one part of equation while leaving the other side completely alone or the equation no longer works and you'll never find the answer to the variable (success in both).

the guy that has exerted control over this entire equation over the past decade has been Russ Brandon.

theres a group here that thinks lets just push him back to one side of the equation and get a different mathematician to oversee the entire process. Perhaps... but when the history shows Russ to be a smarmy little opportunist, why even keep him involved at all?

The new mathemtician was supposed to be Polian. He balked and now it falls squarely back onto the Pegulas. They're running the silo or managing the equation... and by a recent report, Russ is apparently already trying to jump back into the role of mathemtician by his alleged support of Shanahan.

the Pegulas better get control of this or we are in for one ****ed up dysfunctional ride moving forward.

getting a hold of this begins with getting rid of Russ. He's shown he is an incompetent mathemtician and because of being the sneakly little **** that he is... is an awful choice to work together with the football "side" of things.

There re plenty of decent business people out there with ties to the football world. Go find one who has a good reputation of collaboration and positive team work.

Historian
01-06-2015, 06:49 AM
and the person who signed it for the Buffalo Bills is a complete idiot.

All that needs to be said.