PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Lewis / Andy Dalton

k-oneputt
01-04-2015, 01:33 PM
My God does these two both suck. I wouldn't take either for the Bills even if they wanted to come.

Dalton is terrible. AGAIN.
I would take Orton over him all day.

Dalton must have the best agent in history to get him that contract he has.
Lewis should have been fired years ago.

Same old terrible Cincy play-off game.

BertSquirtgum
01-04-2015, 01:41 PM
It's way too obvious they need AJ green.

ICRockets
01-04-2015, 01:54 PM
This is why I kind of like the idea of Hue Jackson. If he can get this offense to the playoffs, he can do the same for ours.

stuckincincy
01-04-2015, 01:54 PM
My God does these two both suck. I wouldn't take either for the Bills even if they wanted to come.

Dalton is terrible. AGAIN.
I would take Orton over him all day.

Dalton must have the best agent in history to get him that contract he has.
Lewis should have been fired years ago.

Same old terrible Cincy play-off game.

CIN lost WR Marvin Jones for the season, TE Tyler Eifert for the season in game one, RT Andre Smith mid-season, RB Giovanni Bernard for 3 games, OLB Burfict played 4 games, RG Zeilher missed 3, DT Atlins is a shell of himself after last season's injury,MLB Malauga missed 3 and is now out, back-up rookie LB Flowers is out, TE Gresham is out, seldom-used WR Sanzenbacher is out, so a UDFA mans the spot, their WR corps is KR/PR Tate, Sanu, practice squad call-up Hamilton, CLE dud Greg Little. AJ Green is out...missed 5 games in regular season IIRC. ST player RB Rex Burkhart has played WR.

I'm surprised they have scored at all. Or got in the playoffs by finishing 7 and 2.

No excuse is possible for Marvin, Dalton is Dalton sans tools, and the fellow folks here have been mentioning as HC...OC Jackson is ignoring his remaining strength - his run game.

pmoon6
01-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Here's a question. How does a guy coach 11 seasons, never win a playoff game and still have a job?

k-oneputt
01-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Every team has injuries.

Dalton just sucks playing any good team. And it's not like the Colts defense is anything special.

Marvin Lewis still being in Cincy is unbelievable to me. Guy is untouchable I guess.

The Jokeman
01-04-2015, 02:01 PM
This is why I kind of like the idea of Hue Jackson. If he can get this offense to the playoffs, he can do the same for ours.This isn't the Bengals' offense, AJ Green and Gresham are both out and both key cogs in the passing game.

Night Train
01-04-2015, 02:05 PM
The one and done Bengals. Last playoff win was 1990.

That's got to hurt. Knowing you are good enough to grab a playoff slot, then little to no chance of winning.

Those fans must be dying for a blowup and new direction.

YardRat
01-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Looked like Dalton and Hue Jackson were having a little bit of a disagreement there on the sidelines, and Jackson wasn't buying it.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2015, 02:19 PM
aren't the Bengals in a playoff game?

pmoon6
01-04-2015, 02:20 PM
aren't the Bengals in a playoff game?So what? Your point.

stuckincincy
01-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Every team has injuries.

Dalton just sucks playing any good team. And it's not like the Colts defense is anything special.

Marvin Lewis still being in Cincy is unbelievable to me. Guy is untouchable I guess.

Yes - he is. Locally, he is referred to as CFL (Coach-For-Life) Lewis. But the NFL is what it is -an entertainment operation, not a sport. As long as folks go and sell out games, buy beer, watch the tv with its; ratings and revenues, many clubs - CIN and BUF are good examples - watch the $ fly into the business. There are serious clubs, the handful that own multiple SB crowns.

Mr. Miyagi
01-04-2015, 02:38 PM
They need Icky Woods

DraftBoy
01-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Looked like Dalton and Hue Jackson were having a little bit of a disagreement there on the sidelines, and Jackson wasn't buying it.

Be nice to have a HC that will hold the player accountable and not just stand on the sidelines with a sour puss expression.

stuckincincy
01-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Why do you like Jackson so much? I can't remember how many plays this season he forced the ball to Green instead of trying to move the chains.

Sammy Avalon
01-04-2015, 03:18 PM
CIN lost WR Marvin Jones for the season, TE Tyler Eifert for the season in game one, RT Andre Smith mid-season, RB Giovanni Bernard for 3 games, OLB Burfict played 4 games, RG Zeilher missed 3, DT Atlins is a shell of himself after last season's injury,MLB Malauga missed 3 and is now out, back-up rookie LB Flowers is out, TE Gresham is out, seldom-used WR Sanzenbacher is out, so a UDFA mans the spot, their WR corps is KR/PR Tate, Sanu, practice squad call-up Hamilton, CLE dud Greg Little. AJ Green is out...missed 5 games in regular season IIRC. ST player RB Rex Burkhart has played WR.

I'm surprised they have scored at all. Or got in the playoffs by finishing 7 and 2.

No excuse is possible for Marvin, Dalton is Dalton sans tools, and the fellow folks here have been mentioning as HC...OC Jackson is ignoring his remaining strength - his run game.

It's actually quite impressive that they made the playoffs despite all these injuries , especially with the tight competition in the AFC this year. Injuries killed them and the Colts looked incredible on offense and defense tonight. I'm calling an upset over Denver next week.

Sammy Avalon
01-04-2015, 03:19 PM
So what? Your point.

I think he's referring to the Bills malaise in comparison to Cincy.

Besides, how ya been Moony?

WagonCircler
01-04-2015, 03:22 PM
This is why I kind of like the idea of Hue Jackson. If he can get this offense to the playoffs, he can do the same for ours.

Good God.

You mean the juggernaut that just scored 10 points?

pmoon6
01-04-2015, 03:30 PM
I think he's referring to the Bills malaise in comparison to Cincy.

Besides, how ya been Moony?Doing quite well. How about yourself?

Yes, it's much better to get in (which we almost did) and then lose the first game.....every time.

DraftBoy
01-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Why do you like Jackson so much? I can't remember how many plays this season he forced the ball to Green instead of trying to move the chains.

I've seen this exact same criticism leveled at Dalton. How do you exclude the play execution part of this? Or do you assign them equal blame?

Ed
01-04-2015, 10:47 PM
I think Cincy ownership likes not being the putrid embarrassment of a franchise that they were before Marvin Lewis showed up. He may not win playoff games, but I think they're too scared to fire him because they'd be clueless and lost without him.

Sammy Avalon
01-05-2015, 01:35 AM
Doing quite well. How about yourself?

Yes, it's much better to get in (which we almost did) and then lose the first game.....every time.

Great to hear that. Not doing too bad myself.

They got a tough break this year with all the injuries. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

swiper
01-05-2015, 04:31 AM
The Bengals lost both Mike Zimmer and Jay Gruden in 2013. Dalton is an average QB at best. His completion % was 64.2%. 19 TDs/17 INTs. Hue Jackson is more the problem than the answer there.

bdutton
01-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Marvin Lewis coaches a playoff team with an average at best QB.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Mr. Pink
01-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Dalton withers against good competition in big spot games.

Night games, playoff games...he's absolutely terrible.

trapezeus
01-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Here's a question. How does a guy coach 11 seasons, never win a playoff game and still have a job?

russ brandon refers to lewis as his intern

Historian
01-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Most of us remember the Bungles...

www.mikebrownsucks.com

YardRat
01-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Most of us remember the Bungles...

www.mikebrownsucks.com (http://www.mikebrownsucks.com)

The bass player was a hot little brunette, right? "Walk like an Egyptian..." :band: