PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on Marrone & Woody

Mace
01-04-2015, 07:18 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I'm worn down from refreshing sports pages gleefully waiting for the Jets to hire him so I can begin to enjoy Jets fan anguish. I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't hire him.

justasportsfan
01-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Actually I hope no one hires him. Not even a highschool team.

Mace
01-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Actually I hope no one hires him. Not even a highschool team.

How can you not want him in NY, with Geno Smith, a real vicious media, in the same division 2 games a year with a front row seat to his queasy sideline face, instead of letting him hang out at home with 4 million and the mainstream media talking him up like he's Lombardi reincarnated ?

I sure don't know.

Ginger Vitis
01-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Mike Lupica compared Marrone to Rich Kotite lol

YardRat
01-05-2015, 04:52 AM
Yeah, he can go back to high school after a couple of years in NY...that's too good of an opportunity to pass up...for us.

justasportsfan
01-05-2015, 08:12 AM
How can you not want him in NY, with Geno Smith, a real vicious media, in the same division 2 games a year with a front row seat to his queasy sideline face, instead of letting him hang out at home with 4 million and the mainstream media talking him up like he's Lombardi reincarnated ?

I sure don't know.

It's worse when a control freak like MArrone is at home sitting and no one is talking about him. No one hiring him is basically saying he sucks and his thin skin will be in a fetal position crying "nobody loves me".

Historian
01-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Mike Lupica compared Marrone to Rich Kotite lol

Man that's cold blooded!

He's at least as good as Bruce Coslett.

trapezeus
01-05-2015, 09:43 AM
i work in nyc. my coworkers are largely jets fans. they know marrone is a fraud. they are pretty bummed. they all liked rex and felt the GM was the issue.

that being said, i would love marrone to go to NYJ. learning that he actually spent time with the OL and that was his best product makes me love the idea of him coaching for a divisional foe.

BertSquirtgum
01-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Woodcock is probably trying to figure out a way to hire Marrone without losing his 1st round pick for tampering.

Albany,n.y.
01-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Woodcock is probably trying to figure out a way to hire Marrone without losing his 1st round pick for tampering.

Marrone is interviewing with Atlanta today in an attempt to create an alibi on any tampering charge. Here's how the interview went:
Atlanta: Hello Doug. Let's get right to it, why do you want the job?
Doug: I think I can help further the development of Geno Smith, you know I always wanted him but my GM forced Manuel on me.
Atlanta: Doug, Matt Ryan is our QB, why are you talking about Geno Smith, he's on the Jets.
Doug: Oops, got me. I don't even know why I'm here. Woody said come down here. I thought he spoke with your owner about my "interview".
Atlanta: Doug, I am the owner, Arthur Blank. Now GTFO and stop wasting my time, and no, we're not validating your parking.

justasportsfan
01-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Marrone is interviewing with Atlanta today in an attempt to create an alibi on any tampering charge. Here's how the interview went:
Atlanta: Hello Doug. Let's get right to it, why do you want the job?
Doug: I think I can help further the development of Geno Smith, you know I always wanted him but my GM forced Manuel on me.
Atlanta: Doug, Matt Ryan is our QB, why are you talking about Geno Smith, he's on the Jets.
Doug: Oops, got me. I don't even know why I'm here. Woody said come down here. I thought he spoke with your owner about my "interview".
Atlanta: Doug, I am the owner, Arthur Blank. Now GTFO and stop wasting my time, and no, we're not validating your parking.

Interviewer : So Doug.....
DM: call me Saint Doug.
Int: So if we hire you, who would your OC and Dc be?
DM: I have my asst. coaches ready to go. Hackett and Schwartz.
Interviewer: but they are under contract with the bills so how can you guarantee you can hire them?
DM: I'm a Saint, dangit. It takes 2 miracles to become a Saint and I dunnit at Syracuse and Buffalo. Next time address me as your Holiness.

DynaPaul
01-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Media reports say his Jets interview bombed for what it's worth.