X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Jackson endorses Schwartz for Bills HC, says Hackett was held back

"Schwartz I love. He's a great dude," Jackson told WGR Sports Radio 550 on Monday. "I've heard nothing but good things coming from Detroit when he got out here. Then him being on the coaching staff last year, I got a chance to get close to him and know him. I think he would do an excellent job."

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Jackson endorses Schwartz for Bills HC, says Hackett was held back

are you thinking what i'm thinking?

Fred Jackson as player/President? never been done....now's the time!

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Well, Fred's opinion carries more weight than most any other player.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        Well, Fred's opinion carries more weight than most any other player.
        Or any poster / posers from BZ.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

The leader of the team comes out and endorses him.

pegula's plane should come home.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Hold your horses.

He also endorsed Hackett. So either he's wrong or we ALL were about Hackett's offense. If what he says is true, then I'm inclined to go along with Fred.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Fred also said good things about Hackett. Sorry, I love him but I'm not hiring a coach because of what he says.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

Fred didn't have to say anything. For him to say this is significant.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                  Hold your horses.

He also endorsed Hackett. So either he's wrong or we ALL were about Hackett's offense. If what he says is true, then I'm inclined to go along with Fred.
                  They talked about Hackett & Marrone on WGR this morning.

They said Marrone told Hackett to ratchet down/simplify the offense.

It looks like we wee wrong about Hackett. It was actually Marrone that was responsible for that inept offense.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    Fred also said good things about Hackett. Sorry, I love him but I'm not hiring a coach because of what he says.
                    I've often wondered if it was the HC or the OC. Originally, we were going to run the no huddle. Then we didn't. We went conservative . After watching Marrone be conservative on game day plus FJ pretty much saying Hackett was held back, then I think it was more of a HC problem. No different from when Perry Fewell was held back by Jauron. When he left , Fewell won a sb.

I'm not saying we keep Hackett, but just that FJ is saying that it wasn't all HAcketts fault that the O sucked. FJ is not endorsing HAckett either. He's just saying what the thought happened.
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-05-2015, 12:04 PM.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Spartacus
                      • Mar 2003

You can't expect Fred to slam Hackett. The guy is still the OC until further notice and Fred may still have to work with him.

Plus, if what's being said about Marrone is true, Hackett's hands may have been tied. Cerrtainly wouldn't be the first time an assistant had his reputation ruined by an incompetent and unprincipled boss.

But the main thing is Fred endorsing Schwart2. The players aren't stupid, they know they're close to being a good team, they like Schwart2 and they play for him.

The fact is, if Schwart2 isn't given the job, he may not want to stay to work for a guy who was chosen over him.

And certainly, the new HC wouldn't want a DC that didn't want to work for him.
                      My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

Oh no, FJ's old banged up brain must have started rotting from CTE!

Fred may not be endorsing Hackett, but just saying that he had less control over the offense than some may have thought. Either way, I don't think the new HC is going to retain Hackett.

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

So...Freddy is throwing Marrone under the bus.

No surprise, but, it's important.

Schwartz could certainly be a good HC, but, having a dysfunctional...or should I say, terrible....GM does not bode well.

This is a mess that Pegula could have avoided if he was smart. Unfortunately, everything points to Pegula being in waaaaayyyyy over his head.

Even if Schwartz is the best pick for HC, that would probably require that Whaley stays on. If a new GM is brought in (what I think HAS to happen for this team to succeed), then he will most definitely want to start with his own team of coaches.

This all points to more Keystone Kops way of running a franchise. It could take the better part of a decade to turn things around.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

pegula isn't a guy to fire the whole team and start from scratch for no reason. he gave lindy and darcy a chance to show if they were being held back.

whaley has put together a great defense. trading sheppard for hughes? that was huge. the LB corp went from weakness to strength.

on the flip side, he seemingly has put a lot of talent together on the O side without a QB. and he may have played a role in picking petulant hc. Look at the other HC's hired when we got marrone. Arians took a team with literally no QB to the playoffs (in a good division). Mccoy has shown promise and chip kelly was the one people wanted. but they spent days with marrone.

I am ok with whaley staying another year to try and fix what he started, but there needs to be better oversight than russ brandon and overdorf. and it seems like the pegula's are trying to fill that role, but having a hard time doing so. if the bills suck next year, that is when the pegula's do the clean house methodology.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Hackett can't Hackit.

Comment

Working...
                              X