PDA

View Full Version : Jackson endorses Schwartz for Bills HC, says Hackett was held back

justasportsfan
01-05-2015, 11:34 AM
"Schwartz I love. He's a great dude," Jackson told WGR Sports Radio 550 on Monday. "I've heard nothing but good things coming from Detroit when he got out here. Then him being on the coaching staff last year, I got a chance to get close to him and know him. I think he would do an excellent job."

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=447983

trapezeus
01-05-2015, 11:36 AM
are you thinking what i'm thinking?

Fred Jackson as player/President? never been done....now's the time!

Historian
01-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Well, Fred's opinion carries more weight than most any other player.

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Well, Fred's opinion carries more weight than most any other player.
Or any poster / posers from BZ.

coastal
01-05-2015, 11:42 AM
The leader of the team comes out and endorses him.

pegula's plane should come home.

jamze132
01-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Hold your horses.

He also endorsed Hackett. So either he's wrong or we ALL were about Hackett's offense. If what he says is true, then I'm inclined to go along with Fred.

Novacane
01-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Fred also said good things about Hackett. Sorry, I love him but I'm not hiring a coach because of what he says.

WagonCircler
01-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Fred didn't have to say anything. For him to say this is significant.

better days
01-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Hold your horses.

He also endorsed Hackett. So either he's wrong or we ALL were about Hackett's offense. If what he says is true, then I'm inclined to go along with Fred.

They talked about Hackett & Marrone on WGR this morning.

They said Marrone told Hackett to ratchet down/simplify the offense.

It looks like we wee wrong about Hackett. It was actually Marrone that was responsible for that inept offense.

justasportsfan
01-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Fred also said good things about Hackett. Sorry, I love him but I'm not hiring a coach because of what he says.

I've often wondered if it was the HC or the OC. Originally, we were going to run the no huddle. Then we didn't. We went conservative . After watching Marrone be conservative on game day plus FJ pretty much saying Hackett was held back, then I think it was more of a HC problem. No different from when Perry Fewell was held back by Jauron. When he left , Fewell won a sb.

I'm not saying we keep Hackett, but just that FJ is saying that it wasn't all HAcketts fault that the O sucked. FJ is not endorsing HAckett either. He's just saying what the thought happened.

CommissarSpartacus
01-05-2015, 12:11 PM
You can't expect Fred to slam Hackett. The guy is still the OC until further notice and Fred may still have to work with him.

Plus, if what's being said about Marrone is true, Hackett's hands may have been tied. Cerrtainly wouldn't be the first time an assistant had his reputation ruined by an incompetent and unprincipled boss.

But the main thing is Fred endorsing Schwart2. The players aren't stupid, they know they're close to being a good team, they like Schwart2 and they play for him.

The fact is, if Schwart2 isn't given the job, he may not want to stay to work for a guy who was chosen over him.

And certainly, the new HC wouldn't want a DC that didn't want to work for him.

Ed
01-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Oh no, FJ's old banged up brain must have started rotting from CTE!

Fred may not be endorsing Hackett, but just saying that he had less control over the offense than some may have thought. Either way, I don't think the new HC is going to retain Hackett.

notacon
01-05-2015, 12:33 PM
So...Freddy is throwing Marrone under the bus.

No surprise, but, it's important.

Schwartz could certainly be a good HC, but, having a dysfunctional...or should I say, terrible....GM does not bode well.

This is a mess that Pegula could have avoided if he was smart. Unfortunately, everything points to Pegula being in waaaaayyyyy over his head.

Even if Schwartz is the best pick for HC, that would probably require that Whaley stays on. If a new GM is brought in (what I think HAS to happen for this team to succeed), then he will most definitely want to start with his own team of coaches.

This all points to more Keystone Kops way of running a franchise. It could take the better part of a decade to turn things around.

trapezeus
01-05-2015, 12:41 PM
pegula isn't a guy to fire the whole team and start from scratch for no reason. he gave lindy and darcy a chance to show if they were being held back.

whaley has put together a great defense. trading sheppard for hughes? that was huge. the LB corp went from weakness to strength.

on the flip side, he seemingly has put a lot of talent together on the O side without a QB. and he may have played a role in picking petulant hc. Look at the other HC's hired when we got marrone. Arians took a team with literally no QB to the playoffs (in a good division). Mccoy has shown promise and chip kelly was the one people wanted. but they spent days with marrone.

I am ok with whaley staying another year to try and fix what he started, but there needs to be better oversight than russ brandon and overdorf. and it seems like the pegula's are trying to fill that role, but having a hard time doing so. if the bills suck next year, that is when the pegula's do the clean house methodology.

Skooby
01-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Hackett can't Hackit.

jimmifli
01-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Did he? The quotes I've read just shifted blame from Hackett to Marrone.

He didn't say Hackett did a good job, or even that he could do a good job, he just said that Hackett wasn't even given the chance.

djjimkelly
01-05-2015, 01:07 PM
The leader of the team comes out and endorses him.

pegula's plane should come home.

where is their plane today lol

BertSquirtgum
01-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Doug moron is truly a moron and the moron didn't lie when he said to blame him and not Hackett for the offensive failings. Marrone was making the conservative calls it appears. Gross marrone. Just gross.

"I could definitely see him not getting to do some of the things that he wanted to. I had some conversations with him and it wasn't always at times what he wanted to get done," Jackson revealed. "He was an aggressive guy and has always been since I've known him. When some of the things were called that didn't kind of fit his mold... that is what it is. He couldn't do what he wanted to, but knowing Nate, Nate's a guy that likes to go big or go home. Some of the stuff that he wanted to call we didn't get called in a game... I don't know if that was always his call."

jimmifli
01-05-2015, 01:12 PM
The fact is, if Schwart2 isn't given the job, he may not want to stay to work for a guy who was chosen over him.

And certainly, the new HC wouldn't want a DC that didn't want to work for him.
I guess it depends on the coach and the situation. If Schwartz is given autonomy, he could stick around.

But the new coach must be on the offensive side of the ball and likely needs to be someone with a considerable track record. Being passed over for a guy that has never coached before or never won a SuperBowl as an OC would be a tough pill to swallow.

BertSquirtgum
01-05-2015, 01:16 PM
So...Freddy is throwing Marrone under the bus.

No surprise, but, it's important.

Schwartz could certainly be a good HC, but, having a dysfunctional...or should I say, terrible....GM does not bode well.

This is a mess that Pegula could have avoided if he was smart. Unfortunately, everything points to Pegula being in waaaaayyyyy over his head.

Even if Schwartz is the best pick for HC, that would probably require that Whaley stays on. If a new GM is brought in (what I think HAS to happen for this team to succeed), then he will most definitely want to start with his own team of coaches.

This all points to more Keystone Kops way of running a franchise. It could take the better part of a decade to turn things around.

Stop spewing your bull****. Pegulas aren't in over their heads fool.

The King
01-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately for Fred I don't think anything the players say factors in. These guys are trying to protect themselves too. A new coach may not have the trust in Fred Hackett does or Schwartz for that matter. So the players are looking out for #1.

YardRat
01-05-2015, 01:33 PM
Even if Hackett was being held back by Marrone, it doesn't excuse the piss-poor play design and complete lack of coordination between the oline and play purpose.

better days
01-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Well, I just listened to Freds interview on WGR.

He said he loved Hackett, that Hackett was an aggressive guy but he was not allowed to do what he wanted to do.

But the big take away from that interview for me was the endorsement of Schwartz.

Fred said before Schwartz got to Buffalo, they heard good things about Schwartz from the players in Detroit.

That the Pegula's may ask players opinions about Schwartz & if they do, they will hear nothing but good things about him from the players.

I said before that players talk to their friends on other teams.

The Detroit players gave Schwartz a ringing endorsment.

It does not look like Marrone will get that from Bills players.

RedEyE
01-05-2015, 03:02 PM
I trust and respect Fred more than any other player or coach on this team. He doesn't beat the PR bush and usually tells it like it is.

pmoon6
01-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Stop spewing your bull****. Pegulas aren't in over their heads fool.Don't bad mouth him. He'll accuse you of stalking then cry to the mods.

psubills62
01-05-2015, 08:54 PM
It's possible Hackett was held back, but frankly I've heard similar opinions a hundred times in football and it's rarely true.

TacklingDummy
01-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Hackett was held back because his QB sucked.