PDA

View Full Version : polian on nfl insiders

djjimkelly
01-05-2015, 01:51 PM
just stated the bills job is great and that the bills are in EXCELLENT hands with the pegulas.

said that the pegulas are extremely smart and that they will make the right move.

he didnt curse EJ but he basically said as of right now anyone taking the job needs to assume they have no QB . and proceed from there

he said that doesnt mean the door is closed on EJ but that is the starting point a coach has to have as a thought process

trapezeus
01-05-2015, 02:06 PM
the oddest thing to me is that polian, a heralded football god, would be so impacted by the words of an exiting average coach in marrone. i would have thought he would want to get one great rebuild together. and possibly get his son another GM gig in the long run.

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2015, 02:07 PM
That's fair enough. Polian even though didn't take a job is still a class act. I have also liked him.

black N yellow
01-05-2015, 02:08 PM
not even sure what I believe from Polian or anyone on the Boston Sports Network aka espn. Same day that Polian "explained" why he turned down the job, John Clayton went and said that Polian would have taken the job if the HOF thing was already settled.

WagonCircler
01-05-2015, 02:21 PM
the oddest thing to me is that polian, a heralded football god, would be so impacted by the words of an exiting average coach in marrone. i would have thought he would want to get one great rebuild together. and possibly get his son another GM gig in the long run.

I think you're making an assumption that he was impacted at all. That, to me, is just gossip.

I take him at his word that he felt the job required a 5 year commitment, once the circumstances changed, and that he only had 3 years that he wanted to give.

Strongman
01-05-2015, 02:44 PM
I hope when Polian is referring to the right moves, he means the Pegulas will clean house.

Joe Fo Sho
01-05-2015, 02:47 PM
I hope when Polian is referring to the right moves, he means the Pegulas will clean house.

I hope when Polian is referring to the right moves, he doesn't mean the Pegulas will clean house.

tomz
01-05-2015, 02:51 PM
I think you're making an assumption that he was impacted at all. That, to me, is just gossip.

I take him at his word that he felt the job required a 5 year commitment, once the circumstances changed, and that he only had 3 years that he wanted to give.

Good point! It seems that so much of what we are hearing is spin or mud-slinging originating from Marrone's camp. Maybe the Polian story came about as another ploy to make Doug-poo look like somethign other than poo, i.e show what a big strong influential guy he is with the powers behind the NFL world. He seems to be trying to project that image.

coastal
01-05-2015, 03:11 PM
not even sure what I believe from Polian or anyone on the Boston Sports Network aka espn. Same day that Polian "explained" why he turned down the job, John Clayton went and said that Polian would have taken the job if the HOF thing was already settled.
John Clayton is an alien... MIB style.

Ed
01-05-2015, 04:19 PM
I got the impression that it had a lot more to do with the role and responsibilities growing. Based on his age and what not, I don't think he was interested in the heavy lifting of orchestrating any kind of major rebuild. I feel like he was interested in being involved because he loves the Bills and respects the Pegulas, but was looking at more of an advisory role than a President/Czar whatever.

swiper
01-05-2015, 04:22 PM
John Clayton is an alien... MIB style.

He does look like he should be tending bar in a Star Wars sequel.

EDS
01-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Polian is either telegraphing that the Pegula's are indeed cleaning house or he is telling every coach interested in the Bills HC gig that the incumbent GM, who is probably on a short leash (which means a new GM is a high probability with that new persons own views on coaches), can't pick a QB. Ringing endorsement for sure.

Don't Panic
01-05-2015, 06:20 PM

Any chance there's a handshake agreement in place between the Pegulas and Polian and he'll come in later when the HOF thing was settled?

ublinkwescore
01-05-2015, 07:53 PM
John Clayton's mom got donkey punched a lot, that's why he came out looking like that "Mmmmmkay" guy from south park.

WagonCircler
01-06-2015, 10:37 AM
Any chance there's a handshake agreement in place between the Pegulas and Polian and he'll come in later when the HOF thing was settled?

The more I think about this, the more it makes sense to me.

Had it not been for Polian's original denial "...could not be more wrong..." followed by the revelation/admission that he was actually planning to take the job, I might think otherwise.

But if he was willing to issue a denial to protect his HOF vote once, then issuing another, stronger denial while dealing secretly behind the scenes would be a lot less surprising.