PDA

View Full Version : The Marrone hatefest continues

Don't Panic
01-05-2015, 06:42 PM
http://www.nunesmagician.com/2015/1/5/7496295/bob-casullo-will-not-be-using-doug-marrone-as-a-reference-it-seems

Wow... harshest yet?

bleve
01-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Wow. Marrone is getting scorched in a lot of media. At one point I was defending this guy, mea culpa.

Novacane
01-05-2015, 07:08 PM
I wish these guys would of held all this until after the Jets hired him!

Strongman
01-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Makes you really wonder if Brandon really left, "no stone unturned" when he was in charge of looking for a HC.

SpikedLemonade
01-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Makes you really wonder if Brandon really left, "no stone unturned" when he was in charge of looking for a HC.

Brandon simply went with someone local in his comfort zone in the hopes to convert more Syracuse fans into paying Bills fans.

That search was a joke.

Strongman
01-05-2015, 08:04 PM
I think that's the case too. Marrone was on nobody's radar so I did think it was more of a business move instead of a move to make the team better.

djjimkelly
01-05-2015, 08:28 PM
once again ill say this MARRONE F......D himself.

hes gonna get shut out of a job now.

and for those who think he made out with 4 million. ill say yeah he made out like a bandit

however id rather make 1 million 20 times then 4 million once. and for saint marrone the pay days are OVER!!!!!

ghz in pittsburgh
01-05-2015, 08:47 PM
I don't know. Many in the industry still have high regard for Marrone, like Polian.

On Saturday Marrone interviewed with the Jets and quickly the story of him storming out of the room when Sammy was selected came out. He's going to talk to the Falcons tomorrow and I'd not be surprised some new story comes out after that. Let's face it, a big part of his interview was and will be what was wrong during his time in Buffalo. The more people he talks to about that, the more will go to media.

BertSquirtgum
01-05-2015, 09:33 PM
I don't know. Many in the industry still have high regard for Marrone, like Polian.

On Saturday Marrone interviewed with the Jets and quickly the story of him storming out of the room when Sammy was selected came out. He's going to talk to the Falcons tomorrow and I'd not be surprised some new story comes out after that. Let's face it, a big part of his interview was and will be what was wrong during his time in Buffalo. The more people he talks to about that, the more will go to media.

He interviewed with the Falcons today.

feldspar
01-05-2015, 11:46 PM
Marrone is on my ***** list forever, but he was pretty highly regarded as a pro coaching prospect when the Bills hired him. Either people didn't understand or want to re-write history, but this is a fact, misguided or not.

I'll actively root against him wherever he goes.

swiper
01-06-2015, 04:35 AM
And you guys hated Gregg Williams in very much the same way.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-06-2015, 06:26 AM
Yes Marrone quit on the Bills. But I still have to rate him as the best coach since 2000. The simple fact that he has one HC coming out of his staff put him well ahead.

I always believe the #1 quality of a HC is very much like CEO's - the ability to find quality people working for him/her. I know people will bring up Hackett's name up on that. Despite what I believe that Nate Hackett is not experienced enough as an OC for winning (not developing) offense, there are many in the industry though he's a bright mind for football.

Historian
01-06-2015, 06:40 AM
and the person who signed it for the Buffalo Bills is a complete idiot.

Quad, erat, demonstandum.

CommissarSpartacus
01-06-2015, 06:42 AM

No, we hated Gregg for other reasons.

And if you'll notice, no one ever talks about GW as a HC coach any more, do they.

I think Marrone has screwed himself with this move.

He may very well wind up unemployable, and then how smart would his agent be?

Historian
01-06-2015, 06:51 AM
He very well may end up back licking Payton's boots...

CommissarSpartacus
01-06-2015, 07:00 AM
He very well may end up back licking Payton's boots...

Marrone's rep is now a mediocre coach who happens to be a quitter and a back stabbing dick who'll take the money and run.

Who'd want to work with him?

don137
01-06-2015, 07:21 AM
It is obvious Marrone had this plan of leaving long time ago. I thought it was weird he didn't start EJ against New England to see if he progressed and learned from the sidelines. Bills were already out of playoffs and EJ is a huge question mark. I am convinced by starting Orton against NE that Marrone was not looking of the best interest of the Bills but more the best interest of his resume. He played for the win by starting Orton which IMO was less important than seeing how Manuel is/is not progressing.

Historian
01-06-2015, 08:06 AM
And the ironic part, is that he has a built-in defense:

"You wanted to beat NE didn't you?"

"You wanted your first win in Gillette, didn't you?"

Too funny.

djjimkelly
01-06-2015, 08:08 AM

i hate marrone more because even though greg was an idiot he was all about the bills winning

better days
01-06-2015, 08:27 AM

Hated?

I still hate Greggo.

better days
01-06-2015, 08:31 AM
He interviewed with the Falcons today.

Marrone is supposed to interview with the bears as well.

I will be surprised if anyone hires him.

Bill Cody
01-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Marrone's rep is now a mediocre coach who happens to be a quitter and a back stabbing dick who'll take the money and run.

Who'd want to work with him?

Sounds like a fit for the Jets

DynaPaul
01-07-2015, 06:34 AM
I heard his interview with the Jets didn't go so well.

Don't Panic
01-07-2015, 07:12 PM
Marrone is supposed to interview with the bears as well.

I will be surprised if anyone hires him.

I get the impression the Falcons are hot for McDaniels. Just a hunch. The Bears though... I could see them possibly taking the bait on Marrone. Same with the Raiders. If they Jets are truly out then I think that's his last two shots at a job this go around.

better days
01-07-2015, 10:00 PM
I get the impression the Falcons are hot for McDaniels. Just a hunch. The Bears though... I could see them possibly taking the bait on Marrone. Same with the Raiders. If they Jets are truly out then I think that's his last two shots at a job this go around.

After Trestman, I think the Bears go with a defensive HC.

That Bears Defense is a HOT MESS.

Meathead
01-07-2015, 11:08 PM
duck mug farrone