PDA

View Full Version : Interesting twitter about Mike Shanahan - per former scout Middlekauff

ghz in pittsburgh
01-05-2015, 09:13 PM
<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)) no-repeat rgb(245, 248, 250);">

Follow</button>

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/501974173346828288/axAeHX_l_bigger.jpegJohn Middlekauff‏@JohnMiddlekauff (https://twitter.com/JohnMiddlekauff)

A source told me Mike Shanahan could take on a GM type role in Buffalo while Kyle became the head coach

https://twitter.com/JohnMiddlekauff/status/552307414771724288

Skooby
01-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Who ?? Douchbaggery ??

Mace
01-05-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm pretty skeptical. Before we even said we'd interview a Shanahan I could have said Mike "could" take on a GM role while Kyle becomes HC. For anyone.

I'll say this now...If Bill Polian accepts an NFL FO job, Chris Polian could become a part of that organization. Doesn't really mean anything but the obvious.

ParanoidAndroid
01-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Total speculation..... because it sounds like a plan. If I was Schwartz, I'd be outta here yesterday if that happened. Shannahan is not a freakin' GM.

BertSquirtgum
01-06-2015, 01:13 AM
Total speculation..... because it sounds like a plan. If I was Schwartz, I'd be outta here yesterday if that happened. Shannahan is not a freakin' GM.

How? He's under contract. Unless the Bills fire him or if the Shanahans didn't want him or he was offered a head coaching gig, he's here til 2016.

YardRat
01-06-2015, 04:23 AM
John Middlecanfaukauff. No way in hell would I want to see that.

DraftBoy
01-06-2015, 04:45 AM
This would probably be the least desirable outcome of any scenario that could play out right now.

Complete and utter nepotism based on nothing but family ties.

RedEyE
01-06-2015, 05:12 AM
I had this same thought yesterday about the Shannies teaming up in Buffalo.

If true, the most repulsive thing is the possibility of young Shanny heading up a team under his Daddy having proved nothing himself in the NFL. I don't find the idea of Pappa Shanny having a bigger role in the FO completely ludicrous. I just can't get past the idea of him dragging his son into the mix.

Everyone has more than likely known a kid with special needs while they were growing up. And everyone knew a dirtbag that took advantage of that kid.

If this happens, the Bills have officially become the league ****** and the Shannies are so obviously stealing their lunch money.

chernobylwraiths
01-06-2015, 05:22 AM
Marv Levy + Dick Jauron

Two point OH NO!

ghz in pittsburgh
01-06-2015, 06:10 AM
There are rumours that he has told the Raiders the same package deal.

Strongman
01-06-2015, 07:40 AM
I hope the Pegulas are smart enough to see the red flags on this. If Mike Shanahan is insisting that his wholly unqualified son get the Bills' HC job, it shows he is more loyal to family than the organization and simply isn't objective.

better days
01-06-2015, 07:48 AM
I would not want Mike Shannahan to be the HC of the Bills let alone the GM.

Terry, just say NO to the Shannahans.

psubills62
01-06-2015, 07:58 AM
It's hard to see anything good coming from that.

better days
01-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Let the Shannahans go to the 49ers.

Mike can put the nail in Kaepernicks coffin.

yordad
01-06-2015, 09:26 AM
Mike = head coach, Kyle = OC. This I am ok with.

Ed
01-06-2015, 10:21 AM
That makes me want to barf. Pat Bowlen loved Mike Shannahan and thought of him as one of his best friends. Firing Shannahan was really tough for him to do, but he had to because Shannahan was doing a terrible job as GM. Argue for Mike Shannahan as coach all you want, but there's absolutely no good reason to want him as a GM. He does nothing but make terrible player personnel decisions. I also have no idea what Kyle Shannahan has done that makes him qualified to be a HC of this team let alone one of the better options.

I really hope this is just speculation. I'm generally as optimistic as I can be about this team, but if this happened I would immediately become a total doom and gloomer/negative nancy. My *****ing and moaning would never end.

colin
01-06-2015, 11:30 AM
papa shanny is a psycho (and looks like a drunk red squirrel) but he can coach up an O like no one's biz. if it loses us JS i'm not sure about it, but it would not be the worst thing in the world. if any man alive can make EJ into a real player, it's him. he would scream at him to run the ball on read options so much EJ might actually do it from time to time.

yordad
01-06-2015, 12:53 PM
This guy sounds like he is throwing darts at map blindfolded.

feldspar
01-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Kyle Shanahan

"Riding on Daddy's coat-tails," brought to you by George W. Bush.

We'll **** up your ****.

Let's look at Polian's boy while we're at it.

tonyc37
01-07-2015, 10:10 AM
.Shanahan isn't a GM.Well we would still have no GM.Whaley isn't one either.And I believe Whaley is hampering the HC search by blaming EJ's problem on the coaching staff to make himself look better.He's the guy I know of that thought EJ was a 1st rounder.So he is essentially throwing the old staff under the bus.A new HC coming will take note of that.We on the other hand may take a step back because of the learning curve of an inexperienced HC.Its all on Whaley.