PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Bills give 49ers 4th Rounder in 2015 to Eagles for Bryce Brown

The Jokeman
01-06-2015, 08:45 AM
With all the HC threads I didn't see this posted but it's now official. The pick we would have gotten for Stevie in this year's draft is on it's way to the Eagles for Bryce Brown. It's still unknown what the terms or conditions of the pick were but I have a feeling it might be tied into CJ Spiller staying or going and with all signs that Spiller is going it makes a little more sense as it appear that Brown will now be higher on the Bills depth chart next year http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/01/eagles_will_receiver_4th_round_pick_in_2015_nfl_draft_from_buffalo_bills_for_running_back_bryce_brow.html

tonyc37
01-06-2015, 08:52 AM
So no 1st and 4th this year.So much for having the picks to move back into the 1st.

psubills62
01-06-2015, 08:58 AM
So no 1st and 4th this year.So much for having the picks to move back into the 1st.
We should still have our 4th this year. 49ers sent us a 4th for Stevie Johnson, which is what we sent to Philly, so we still keep our 4th. At least, that's my understanding of what happened.

The Jokeman
01-06-2015, 08:59 AM

We have a 2nd, 3rd, (Tampa Bay's) 5th, 5th, 6th and a 7th. I don't see us needing to move up into the 1st as I think we can get a quality OG prospect with pick 50 of the draft. As let's not forget Andy Levitre was the 51st pick of the 2009 draft.

- - - Updated - - -

We should still have our 4th this year. 49ers sent us a 4th for Stevie Johnson, which is what we sent to Philly, so we still keep our 4th. At least, that's my understanding of what happened.

Our 4th belongs to Cleveland as part of the Watkins trade.

DesertFox24
01-06-2015, 09:00 AM
The conditional pick was based on Stevie Johnson performance not CJ Spiller. We had already given our 2015 4th to the browns for the Sammy Watkins trade, so the trade for Bryce Brown was for a 2015 4th if we acquired the 49ner 4th from Stevie trade; however, if Stevie netted us a third round in 2015 the eagles would get our 2016 4th.

- - - Updated - - -

We have a 2nd, 3rd, (Tampa Bay's) 5th, 5th, 6th and a 7th. I don't see us needing to move up into the 1st as I think we can get a quality OG prospect with pick 50 of the draft. As let's not forget Andy Levitre was the 51st pick of the 2009 draft.

- - - Updated - - -

Our 4th belongs to Cleveland as part of the Watkins trade.
I would rather get a TE at 50 like Jessie James Maxx Williams and then get guards OL depth via Free Agency.

justasportsfan
01-06-2015, 09:03 AM
Spiller leaves and signs with Eagles. :ugly:

psubills62
01-06-2015, 09:03 AM
Right, forgot about losing the 4th there.

Ah, well. You do what you can with what you have. Not an ideal situation by any means, but they can still improve the team with FA and the draft.

The Jokeman
01-06-2015, 09:04 AM
The conditional pick was based on Stevie Johnson performance not CJ Spiller. We had already given our 2015 4th to the browns for the Sammy Watkins trade, so the trade for Bryce Brown was for a 2015 4th if we acquired the 49ner 4th from Stevie trade; however, if Stevie netted us a third round in 2015 the eagles would get our 2016 4th.

- - - Updated - - -

I would rather get a TE at 50 like Jessie James Maxx Williams and then get guards OL depth via Free Agency.

The problem is I see a rookie TE taking a few years to develop so rather sign an UFA TE. My pecking order would be Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas, Owen Daniels (if we get Kubiak as HC) or Jermaine Gresham. I'd also look for a fringe backup/starting OG through UFA and draft one of the FSU OGs with pick 50.

The Jokeman
01-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Spiller leaves and signs with Eagles. :ugly:

Arizona is a rumored destination http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/01/06/arizona-cardinals-rumors-c-j-spiller-should-be-top-free-agent-target/ as there was talk they might have tried to trade fro him around the trade deadline http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/673655

DesertFox24
01-06-2015, 09:11 AM
The problem is I see a rookie TE taking a few years to develop so rather sign an UFA TE. My pecking order would be Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas, Owen Daniels (if we get Kubiak as HC) or Jermaine Gresham. I'd also look for a fringe backup/starting OG through UFA and draft one of the FSU OGs with pick 50.I do not disagree with this approach either.