casdhf
01-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Lets throw lots of money at this guy.

coastal
01-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Ok that would be sick

Joe Fo Sho
01-06-2015, 12:44 PM
I'd rather spend the money on our offensive line than our defensive line. As great as it would be to have the best defensive line in football, the offense needs more help. But man, it's fun to think about..

Ed
01-06-2015, 12:49 PM
I'd rather spend the money on our offensive line than our defensive line. As great as it would be to have the best defensive line in football, the offense needs more help. But man, it's fun to think about..
Why do we have to choose one or the other? Spend on both. This team will have plenty of cap space and as long as they don't have a franchise qb contract on the books they might as well spend heavy on the lines.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Ok that would be sick

He'd command more money than Mario.

So Fools Gold 2.0? :rofl:

Strongman
01-06-2015, 01:08 PM
I almost want them to land Suh instead just so he can stomp on Brady's head a couple times a year.

Joe Fo Sho
01-06-2015, 01:09 PM
Why do we have to choose one or the other? Spend on both. This team will have plenty of cap space and as long as they don't have a franchise qb contract on the books they might as well spend heavy on the lines.

I don't know enough about our cap situation to know for sure, but I don't think we could afford his cost. It depends on if we want to spend money on our offensive line in free agency, which is probably the most likely way we'll fix it without a 1st round pick.

Do you think we could afford JPP, a top lineman or 2, and have money for our drafted rookies? Oh, and don't forget about extending Dareus.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-06-2015, 02:17 PM
I almost want them to land Suh instead just so he can stomp on Brady's head a couple times a year.

You really want to sink money into a man the NFL would ban for life and allow to be arrested on assault and battery/attempted murder charges? Look, I am as committed to the destruction of Tom Brady as much as Dr. Blofeld was to the killing of James Bond but I also know that it would somehow still end badly for us.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Not sure you can hope for a top linemen or two. They made big investments last year: one FA, 3 draft picks.

mightysimi
01-06-2015, 02:23 PM
How many of the last 4 years has he played all 16? Just the contract year which followed seasons of 2 and 6 sacks. For the money I would rather keep Hughes.

Night Train
01-06-2015, 02:24 PM
and Dareus is due a 90-110 Mil deal within the next year. HE is priority #1...our best player by a mile.

SpikedLemonade
01-06-2015, 03:14 PM
We better spend within $5M of the salary cap this year.

Enough of the internal cap we have been operating under with Ralph.

Strongman
01-06-2015, 03:25 PM
You really want to sink money into a man the NFL would ban for life and allow to be arrested on assault and battery/attempted murder charges? Look, I am as committed to the destruction of Tom Brady as much as Dr. Blofeld was to the killing of James Bond but I also know that it would somehow still end badly for us.

Not really. It was a joke.

Meathead
01-06-2015, 03:48 PM
if im gonna shell out fifteen mil plus a season for a player i want him to have a name that sounds like he is supposed to look

a guy with the name jason pierre-paul should be going to broadway shows and playing badminton for the french olympic team

if he wants to change his name to something like say Ja-La-Leroy Thunderblack then we'll talk

YardRat
01-06-2015, 04:59 PM
I'd rather keep Hughes...he already fits in, and earned his payday here. We already have the best dline in football, and he's part of it.

better days
01-06-2015, 05:17 PM
I'd rather keep Hughes...he already fits in, and earned his payday here. We already have the best dline in football, and he's part of it.

Marrone & Hughes had a loud argument in preseason with Marrone telling Hughes "you don't have to be on this team".

Thank God Marrone is no longer HC, Hughes may stay to play for Schwartz.

swiper
01-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Lets throw lots of money at this guy.

Keep the team together.

Don't post when drunk please.

Mahdi
01-06-2015, 09:38 PM
If Jerry refuses to stay for a fair contract I would be more than happy with JPP. He is a beast against the run and I think he'll get back to having 12+ sack seasons.

YardRat
01-07-2015, 04:30 AM
If Jerry refuses to stay I'm OK moving somebody else on the roster into his position, re-signing Spikes, and spending free agent money on the offensive line.

casdhf
01-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Keep the team together.

Don't post when drunk please.

I do my best posting while hammered.

gr8slayer
01-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Hell no to JPP, they can keep him, and his bad back.

ICRockets
01-07-2015, 05:02 PM
if he wants to change his name to something like say Ja-La-Leroy Thunderblack then we'll talk

I want this to happen now.

Ed
01-07-2015, 05:17 PM
I don't know enough about our cap situation to know for sure, but I don't think we could afford his cost. It depends on if we want to spend money on our offensive line in free agency, which is probably the most likely way we'll fix it without a 1st round pick.

Do you think we could afford JPP, a top lineman or 2, and have money for our drafted rookies? Oh, and don't forget about extending Dareus.
Sure, why not? They'll likely have more than $30 mil in cap space. They'll free up about $17 mil this year just getting Fitzpatrick and Stevie Johnson off the books.

I personally would rather see the Bills re-sign Hughes than go for JPP, but there's no reason this team can't sign 2-3 significant free agents. The money they need for their rookie pool should be less since they don't have a first round pick and Dareus doesn't need to be extended until next season.

We'll have to wait and see what the Bills plans are, but having cap space to sign free agents shouldn't be an issue unless they make a trade for a big contract player like Cutler. I believe there are only a few teams that will have more cap space to play with than the Bills.