• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

1st Round QB's

Can someone please tell me which 1st round QB we could take with the 19th pick if we still had it? We aren't even in the offseason yet and I'm sick of "Well we don't have a 1st round pick so we can't get a QB" talk.

I think in hindsight everyone would rather have the pick and Beckham. But we don't. There is no QB that I am aware of that would fit the 19th pick so can we just all give it a rest. Jump on some other position bandwagon about that pick.
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: 1st Round QB's

Were we only allowed to take a QB with that pick?

Comment

• mightysimi
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
      Were we only allowed to take a QB with that pick?
      Of course not but I've read it in like 3 threads already today and you know if was going to get worse.

Comment

• Dr. Who
        • Jul 2002

Of course not, but you know that everyone here is qb obsessed.
        Still like the trade. Still like Whaley. Don't care if it is an unpopular opinion.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

I think we still have the best WR in the draft in Watkins. Watkins was playing in the Bills offense and Beckam was playing in the Giants offense.

Watkins I think has better overall character, demeanor and is much bigger and stronger.

The question is, if you switch Beckam and Watkins what would their numbers look like? I think Watkins would have similar numbers with the Giants and Beckam would have similar struggles to Sammy.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
            I think in hindsight everyone would rather have the pick and Beckham.
            Speak for yourself. I think Beckham is good but also because he has a real QB throwing a ton of balls at him. Sammy is by far more talented, just needs more volume.

I'd glad we have Sammy. I think in 5 years Sammy will be considered one of the elites and Beckham will be one of the very-goods.

Comment

• mightysimi
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
              Speak for yourself. I think Beckham is good but also because he has a real QB throwing a ton of balls at him. Sammy is by far more talented, just needs more volume.

I'd glad we have Sammy. I think in 5 years Sammy will be considered one of the elites and Beckham will be one of the very-goods.
              Ok most people. However, Sammy would have to outplay him by a mile. Beckham would also have to have a serious drop off in production to be just very-good. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the trade, I'm glad he's on the team. I just don't want to spend the next half of a year reading about the QB we can't take because we don't have a 1st round pick. Hence the thread.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Well without getting into a Sammy Watkins trade debate... I agree that there's probably not a QB worth drafting at 19. It is still early though, stranger things have happened.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                  Ok most people. However, Sammy would have to outplay him by a mile.
                  I must disagree again.

First of all, most people is still wrong, simply counting the opinions on this one thread and it's nowhere near majority. Why don't you just say YOU instead of trying to represent others?

Secondly, Sammy doesn't have to outplay Beckham by a mile. NY Giants traded an arm and a leg up for Eli, when they could've stayed at #4 and get Rivers or Big Ben. Eli is no significantly better than either QB. Yet no one says that trade was a total bust. Sammy only has to be as good as we think he is, can't do the hindsight thing and compare him with other players that we "could've had".

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                    Still like the trade. Still like Whaley. Don't care if it is an unpopular opinion.
                    More proof that you're not too bright.

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

I agree with you. The only problem is that he will be playing somewhere else at that point.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        I agree with you. The only problem is that he will be playing somewhere else at that point.
                        Why would you think that?

As a first rnd pick, Sammy will be on the Bills a MINIMUM of five years.

Comment

• mightysimi
                          • Mar 2010

I must disagree again.

First of all, most people is still wrong, simply counting the opinions on this one thread and it's nowhere near majority. Why don't you just say YOU instead of trying to represent others?

Secondly, Sammy doesn't have to outplay Beckham by a mile. NY Giants traded an arm and a leg up for Eli, when they could've stayed at #4 and get Rivers or Big Ben. Eli is no significantly better than either QB. Yet no one says that trade was a total bust. Sammy only has to be as good as we think he is, can't do the hindsight thing and compare him with other players that we "could've had".
                          Ok then me. At no point did I say the trade was a bust. Going back to the OP, I said I don't want to hear crying about not being able to draft a qb in the 1st because we traded the pick.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                            It is the correct logic.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

There isn't anybody in the 15-25 range I would switch out Sammy and Beckham for. The top OT's will be gone, there might be a couple of DT's to eventually replace KW...other than that the only thing I would be looking for is C, G or TE and the best of that bunch might still be available when we pick in round 2 anyway. Who else are we going to take? Corner, WR or LBer, which will probably be a pretty good shot that one of those are BPA at 19? No thanks.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X