PDA

View Full Version : Superstar Moss 'ready to go' for Vikings

The_Philster
07-19-2003, 08:20 PM
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Randy Moss believes his work ethic is just fine.

The Minnesota Vikings receiver appeared at an annual autograph session Saturday in Charleston, near his hometown of Rand.

Moss said he started his offseason workouts in March, switching from Minnesota to his training site in Florida.

Moss has yet to miss an NFL game. He set league records for a player's first five seasons for receptions (414) and yards (6,743). ...
more (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6488407)

BillsFever
07-20-2003, 02:28 AM
Randy Moss has had a rough couple of years. Days after signing a $75 million contract extension, he was shocked and deeply saddened two years ago when his teammate and good fried, Korey Stringer, died of heat exhaustion after the second day of training camp drills.

Later that season, he was dogged by an admission that he only plays hard when he wants to. Rumors regarding a bum ankle that needed surgery chipped away at the mystique he'd created in just three seasons in the NFL.

In 2002, a goofy plan by the Vikings to force the ball to Moss 40 percent of the time doomed the team's chances, and criminal charges resulting a misguided game of street bowling revived dormant questions about his character and work ethic.

But a strong finish to the 2002 campaign apparently has helped Moss make a new commitment to his career.

more (http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

Cntrygal
07-20-2003, 04:34 AM
I'll be amazed if his "new dedication" lasts an entire season. IMO, he's a waste of talent. :shakeno:

BillsFever
07-20-2003, 01:49 PM
I'd still take him on my team. 106 receptions and about 1,400 yards is considered a bad year for him.

mikemac2001
07-20-2003, 03:48 PM
yeah id take moss no heart but if he ever realizes what he has this guy could be more the deadly He would be lethal ;) hehe

Fun to watch when he plays still can bring coverage's over even if he doesnt get ball he somewhat helps team out when he shuts up and just plays problem is will he ever just play the game. play with heart moss