01-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Just said it on nfl Network.

I'm a Rex guy....are you?

Night Train
01-07-2015, 03:26 AM
Let the foot fetish jokes commence.

swiper
01-07-2015, 03:43 AM
<iframe src='http://abcnews.go.com/video/embed?id=12117810' width='640' height='360' scrolling='no' style='border:none;'></iframe><br/><a href="http://abcnews.go.com/video">More ABC News Videos</a> | <a href="http://abcnews.go.com/international">ABC World News</a>

jamze132
01-07-2015, 04:20 AM
That puts Rex ahead of the rest of the competition by about a foot.

DraftBoy
01-07-2015, 05:25 AM
Is it rumored that the Falcons have made him a formal offer already and that he is their choice. Now they are still interviewing because they need a backup plan in case he declines their offer.

swiper
01-07-2015, 05:29 AM
Jerry Glanville redux

ghz in pittsburgh
01-07-2015, 06:04 AM
It'll be interesting to hear his plan. Among all the HC candidates, he might be the closest in terms of understanding the Bills situation and roster. I'll be dying to hear what's his view on EJ even though he didn't get to prepare for him this year.

jamze132
01-07-2015, 06:14 AM
I'm not sold on Rex but it would indeed be interesting to have him on our sideline. Although he'll more than likely have to cover up that Sanchez tattoo...

RedEyE
01-07-2015, 06:17 AM
Not a Rex guy at all.

Overheard an interview by Dukes and Bell (the local radio show in Atlanta) with an interview with NY sports beat reporter that has been following the Jets his whole career. Dude says that Rex does not get involved in the offense at all. He says that Rex typically lays it out on the table right away that he flat out doesn't get involved with the offense to the point where he doesn't even even attend offensive meetings.

Now Rex might be a good coach, but I'm pretty sure a strictly defensive minded only coach is not a necessity in Buffalo

casdhf
01-07-2015, 06:25 AM
Chan for OC!

Forward_Lateral
01-07-2015, 06:43 AM
Depends who he'd bring in to run the Offense. I think the Bills could do a lot worse than Rex, but he's not my first choice.

Pinkerton Security
01-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Depends who he'd bring in to run the Offense. I think the Bills could do a lot worse than Rex, but he's not my first choice.

took the words right outta my mouth.

Strongman
01-07-2015, 06:48 AM
I hope they ask him if he became our HC, if he thinks team meetings at Dave & Busters are appropriate.

RedEyE
01-07-2015, 06:49 AM

True.

Also looking at the defensive side of things, would he want to keep Schwartz? Do Ryan's defensive philosophies jive with Schwartz's philosophies?

I'd personally not like to see too much of a shake up on defense. There is too much of a good thing there and the Bills defense under Schwartz was arguably better than the Jets D under Ryan.

Forward_Lateral
01-07-2015, 06:52 AM
True.

Also looking at the defensive side of things, would he want to keep Schwartz? Do Ryan's defensive philosophies jive with Schwartz's philosophies?

I'd personally not like to see too much of a shake up on defense. There is too much of a good thing there and the Bills defense under Schwartz was arguably better than the Jets D under Ryan.

That raises a valid point as well. The Defense shouldn't be touched, IMO. What isn't broke doesn't need fixing. But, I'm sure Rex would want to put his own stamp on the team, so who knows.

I would hope that Rex would at least strongly consider keeping Jim as DC, but I have a feeling he wouldn't.

Jaybird
01-07-2015, 07:14 AM
Sign him up, make sure he puts back on the 150 pounds and hes our guy

trapezeus
01-07-2015, 07:31 AM
i think atlanta is his fit. he has a capable qb and a decent offense. he would be tasked with fixing the d, his specialty. the bills gig is the jets gig. no qb, good defense that doesn't need his help. it isn't a wayward team with no identity where his persona helps mold the team.

atlanta is a team with no identity. his brashness will be an asset there.

tomz
01-07-2015, 07:39 AM
i think atlanta is his fit. he has a capable qb and a decent offense. he would be tasked with fixing the d, his specialty. the bills gig is the jets gig. no qb, good defense that doesn't need his help. it isn't a wayward team with no identity where his persona helps mold the team.

atlanta is a team with no identity. his brashness will be an asset there.

The fact that he actually took the Bills interview (after the Falcons alleged offer) makes me think he might be intrigued with what we have. Also, he will have a GM that gets him players. No matter what you think of Whaley, he is constantly attempting to upgrade the roster.

He would move on from Schwartz, most likely, since he is 3-4 all the way (right?); but our personnel is geared tot hat as well. But he does have game plans at hand for about 6 games per year in the AFCE! (I include the Jets b/c he n=knows them well. He has generally been effective vs Brady.

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2015, 07:40 AM
Rex Ryan is perfect for a team that has an established undisputed QB and needs a huge boost on defense.

He's the opposite of what we need.

Perfect fit in Chicago.

swiper
01-07-2015, 07:51 AM
Not a Rex guy at all.
Dude says that Rex does not get involved in the offense at all.

I've posted this several times here. He refuses to get involved in the offense at all. That's not a head coach.

I felt he would land in Atlanta from the get go.

imbondz
01-07-2015, 07:54 AM
I'll throw up if we hire Rex Ryan as head coach

swiper
01-07-2015, 07:56 AM
https://img1.etsystatic.com/020/0/7075431/il_570xN.477182711_540j.jpg

Mahdi
01-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Rex would be great for this team I think. And a telling sign for me is that even until his last game his players were playing hard for him.

He would also attract a good OC.

swiper
01-07-2015, 09:35 AM
http://imgsrv.wgr550.com/image/DbGraphic/201501/3033735.jpg?1420647204

Joe Fo Sho
01-07-2015, 10:12 AM
I would take it as a good sign that Rex won't meddle in the offensive scheme. Seems to me it would be easier to get an established person in here as an offensive coordinator. If I were Trestman, for example, I'd want to run my own scheme and hire my own assistants. I'd appreciate the fact that the head coach trusts me and leaves me to my own decisions.

Bill Cody
01-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Rex Ryan is perfect for a team that has an established undisputed QB and needs a huge boost on defense.

He's the opposite of what we need.

Perfect fit in Chicago.

Cutler is disputed, he was already benched and appears to have lost the bears locker room. They would love to have someone, anyone take that contract off their hands. And someone just might. Which would leave the bears with no QB either.

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Our D is humming along. Why mess with it?

Either promote Jim Schwartz or at least bring in a HC who is the offensive version of Rex Ryan, who doesn't get involved with the D.

Novacane
01-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Bills fear Ryan is leery about their QB situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/07/bills-fear-rex-is-leery-about-quarterback-situation/

BertSquirtgum
01-07-2015, 07:32 PM
I like Rex but it would depend on who he wanted to hire as an OC before I would be fully on board the rex train.