PDA

View Full Version : Could Buffalo be looking at a similar PSL structure for a new stadium?

DraftBoy
01-07-2015, 05:39 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-psl-plan-10000-to-45000-for-club-seats/njh6X/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_falcons_sfp

Some insight into the new Georgia Dome PSL pricing for premium seats. $45,000 for the right to purchase those seats isn't as bad as it is for the Giants or Cowboys but its still insane.

YardRat
01-07-2015, 05:45 PM
They won't get it.

DraftBoy
01-07-2015, 05:45 PM
They won't get it.

Minnesota has a PSL without any licenses over nine grand or so I believe.

YardRat
01-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Minnesota has a PSL without any licenses over nine grand or so I believe.

That may be doable, but it's a stretch. I know quite a few die-hard, long time season ticket holders that could swing it if they wanted to, but probably wouldn't.

DraftBoy
01-07-2015, 05:54 PM
That may be doable, but it's a stretch. I know quite a few die-hard, long time season ticket holders that could swing it if they wanted to, but probably wouldn't.

There is no doubt (at least imo) that any new stadium is going to include PSL.

Novacane
01-07-2015, 06:10 PM
$45K for the right to buy tickets. What a joke.

YardRat
01-07-2015, 06:10 PM

I would think so also, but it's going to be a hard sell to what is a typical Bills fan today. If Brandon sticks around that long, he's going to have to really be able to mine any corporate presence in his regionalization efforts. Going to be a different type of crowd.

DraftBoy
01-07-2015, 06:12 PM
I would think so also, but it's going to be a hard sell to what is a typical Bills fan today. If Brandon sticks around that long, he's going to have to really be able to mine any corporate presence in his regionalization efforts. Going to be a different type of crowd.

If it cuts down on the DUI's and other alcohol related incidents I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

SpikedLemonade
01-07-2015, 06:25 PM
The price of those tickets are at least 4 times the cost of current Bills tickets.

Thank GOD for the Buffalo Economic Renaissance Miracle otherwise it would never work in Buffalo.

Can Celino & Barnes buy 10,000 seats per game?

Don't Panic
01-07-2015, 06:37 PM

Agreed. However, I could see us setting the bar to a new low for the max that was being asked. I wouldn't be surprised if it came in at under $5k per seat. Does every seat get PSL'd or only the premium ones?

THATHURMANATOR
01-07-2015, 07:09 PM
No way psl's would be more than a 1000 or so. No one would pay Yay. Stop dreaming

DraftBoy
01-07-2015, 07:12 PM
No way psl's would be more than a 1000 or so. No one would pay Yay. Stop dreaming

Maybe so but then add a pretty large increase to the ticket prices as well. One way or another the season ticket holders are going to pay for a new stadium.

SpikedLemonade
01-07-2015, 07:12 PM
PSLs are used to help the team owner raise a portion of the cost of building a stadium not covered by government funds or the NFL.

Couldn't Bills fans just expect Pegula to continue his generosity by not asking for PSLs?

Don't Panic
01-07-2015, 07:20 PM
I can't imagine wanting to raise all the funds for the stadium from PSLs. I'm sure there would be public and private money... bonds, equity, govt $$$ to pay for it too. 30,000 PSLs at $2k a piece is $60,000,000... so is 15,000 at $4k a piece or 60,000 at $1k a piece. That's a lot of stadium funding right there.

BillsImpossible
01-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Keep the Ralph. The Bills don't need a new stadium right now.

If Kansas City can keep Arrowhead, Chicago can keep Soldier Field, Green Bay can keep Lambeau Field, and Miami can keep what was once known as Joe Robbie Stadium, why can't the Bills keep Ralph Wilson Stadium?

No matter what Roger Goodell says about building a new stadium no longer applies now that the Pegula's own the team.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a $400 million upgrade to RWS in about 5 years after every, "study," says a new stadium downtown is possible, but not user friendly enough without hundreds of millions of dollars being spent on new roads and bridges.

There's no place like Orchard Park for football in WNY.

Remember when the November Storm hit and the Sabres still played?

First Niagara Center was over half empty. If most of the fans came from Southern Ontario and the Buffalo Northtowns, the arena would have been packed.

Goes to show how many people that support the Sabres and Bills reside south of the city.

Skooby
01-07-2015, 07:43 PM
All premium seating will get PSL licensing fees in any new stadium that's built, including all boxes.

SpikedLemonade
01-07-2015, 07:50 PM
I can't imagine wanting to raise all the funds for the stadium from PSLs. I'm sure there would be public and private money... bonds, equity, govt $$$ to pay for it too. 30,000 PSLs at $2k a piece is $60,000,000... so is 15,000 at $4k a piece or 60,000 at $1k a piece. That's a lot of stadium funding right there.

Minny is raising $150M of the $1B total cost through PSLs.

Night Train
01-08-2015, 03:38 AM

MaGuire Club seats are about $1570 to sit 12 rows up right on the goal line near the tunnel. Go up significantly as you you move section by section towards mid-field. I could afford more but would not renew. Those PSL charges are criminal.

If the next place was a dome, I could sit most anywhere once I tested out the leg room (I'm 6-4)

swiper
01-08-2015, 03:55 AM
NFL PSLs Have Become Very Risky Investments (http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2012/09/05/nfl-psls-have-become-very-risky-investments/)

RedEyE
01-08-2015, 04:58 AM
Look at the economic and demographic differences between Atlanta and Buffalo. There aren't enough people in Buffalo with that kind of money to justify the charge.

DraftBoy
01-08-2015, 05:12 AM
Look at the economic and demographic differences between Atlanta and Buffalo. There aren't enough people in Buffalo with that kind of money to justify the charge.

I'm not saying there aren't differences. Blank could of easily charged more given what Falcons fans could afford.

coastal
01-08-2015, 05:22 AM
Weep for the parking lot.

SpikedLemonade
01-08-2015, 07:12 AM
Weep for the parking lot.

That is what is most important to Bills fans -- drinking and partying in the parking lot.

Look for there to be "viewing parties" in the parking lot where fans simply watch the game in the parking lots and don't actually attend the game.

Historian
01-08-2015, 07:20 AM
That's already happening, Spiked.

If it's reasonable, I would pay it.

As soon as it gets unreasonable, I dump them, as I could live without them.

streetkings01
01-08-2015, 08:01 AM
My friend has 4 seats @ Met Life Stadium..........she told she spends something like $50k-$60k for her seats. Her and her husband are loaded tho , but PSL's are a crime , how does one pay for the right to pay for something? Thats like people who are BJ, Costco or Sams members........you have to pay for membership to buy our food.......huh?!?!

better days
01-08-2015, 08:12 AM
That is what is most important to Bills fans -- drinking and partying in the parking lot.

Look for there to be "viewing parties" in the parking lot where fans simply watch the game in the parking lots and don't actually attend the game.

LMAO. It is well known that Canadians are a big percentage of the DRUNKS at the Bills games.

And a Canadian poster with the screen name SpikedLemonade is commenting on drinking at the Ralph.

Too funny.

djjimkelly
01-08-2015, 08:18 AM

im not saying anything but the obvious.

but is the average salary in buffalo even 45K?

better days
01-08-2015, 08:31 AM
im not saying anything but the obvious.

but is the average salary in buffalo even 45K?

Well, in New Jersey, the Giants have had no problems selling expensive PSL's to their fans.

The Jets playing in the same Stadium have not had the same success doing that as the Giants.

Supply & Demand & not charging more than the market will bear.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-08-2015, 01:18 PM
NFL PSLs Have Become Very Risky Investments (http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2012/09/05/nfl-psls-have-become-very-risky-investments/)

It's been risky for both the fans and the team. A lot of teams that have gone the PSL route watched their home field advantage disappear when their season ticket holders started aggressively flipping seats to recoup the costs.

Look at this picture:
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/files/2014/09/fox-620x317.jpg

That's a Dallas home game.

OLDSRIP
01-08-2015, 01:26 PM

I agree. I've said it before.

That has to be the biggest scam ever sold to the public.

I would never pay for a PSL period.

trapezeus
01-08-2015, 01:29 PM
i think the Bills will do what they did with Rich stadium. Put more seats in since the prices are lower and charge PSLs that will be on the $500-$5k per seat depending where you are. they'll make up the difference from havin gmore seats.

then the team will be motivated to make a winner so that people want to be at the game.

That makes a lot more sense than the constant bickering of "buffalo can't support it". in NYC, the jets can't support their costs. doesn't seem to mean much. their army of cold callers call all the time with a negotiation on hand. i made the mistake of attending one jets bills game and am now on the list.

for the spikedlemonades and such trying to bring buffalo down, those other cities aren't knocking it out of the park either. and the cowboy fans sold a lot of tickets early in the year to opposition. It's a league thing, not a buffalo is too small thing.

RedEyE
01-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Atlanta fans going nuts right now. The prices I've heard quoted for just a license are astronomical.

Put it this way, you could put a man cave addition on your house with furnishings (to include a keg and tap), buy a 70" UHD TV, and DirecTV Sunday ticket for 5 years - all of that would be the near cash equivalent for 2 Falcons PSLs on the 40 yard line (not including actual game tickets).

So stupid.

They are slowly ruining the NFL.

Famous Amos
01-08-2015, 04:26 PM

Until you can argue the product on the field was more entertaining that the party before and after, i don't want to hear it from you.

The Jokeman
01-08-2015, 04:52 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-psl-plan-10000-to-45000-for-club-seats/njh6X/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_falcons_sfp

Some insight into the new Georgia Dome PSL pricing for premium seats. $45,000 for the right to purchase those seats isn't as bad as it is for the Giants or Cowboys but its still insane.

It would make sense too as almost every other team in the NFL is, why wouldn't we? As it adds revenue for the team and revenue that doesn't get shared with the rest of the league and the more money a team can bring in is better for a team owner. I'm shocked we didn't do it sooner.