• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Matt Miller on this years draft... No Guards worthy of a 1st or 2nd rounder

Has his top G being AJ Cann from South Carolina going in the 3rd.

Matt Miller is the Bleacher Report Draft Lead Writer.

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Matt Miller on this years draft... No Guards worthy of a 1st or 2nd rounder

IMO the top C, G, TE and a really good RB could all be available when we get to our pick in the second, and decent ones that could start immediately will still be around in the third.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

Guard should come through FA. We have enough young OL... mixing in a vet would yield greater benefit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Hmmm...

Did Murph ask if there any Zach Martin's in this class? College OT's who may be better fits inside?

I can't watch the video at the office.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

I'd like a Gronk clone like most anyone but using a 2nd or 3rd round selection with our limited picks this year on a TE would be foolish.

Bills need to find at least 2 OG's, via FA or the draft. Another 1-2 QB's in the same vein.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

TE/RB in the second.

free agent guards.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
              TE/RB in the second.

free agent guards.
              Rookie TE's rarely make impacts, sign an UFA TE. Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas, Owen Daniels (if we get Kubiak as HC) and Jermaine Gresham are my pecking order. I'm good with also signing an UFA to compete at OG. Jah Reid of the Ravens is a guy to think could be had and compete for a starting spot. I agree we can draft a RB either in Round 2 or 3. Guys I like are Jay Ajayi and David Johnson. I also like the Allen kid from USC but not sure he's going to come out. If we go OG in the draft I like the LG out of FSU.

Comment

• streetkings01
                • Jul 2006

Nick O'Leary in the 2nd! Hey did you guys know his grandfather is..........(tired of hearing who his grandfather is)
                You can call me streetkings

Comment

• cookie G
                  • Mar 2003

TE/RB in the second.

free agent guards.
                  Why don't we just do what the good teams do and trade for a Pro Bowl RB with a 4th or 5th round pick?

And...

Its Matt Miller.

He came poking around the Warroom a few years ago spouting self importance, and telling everyone how the Bills needed to draft a pass rushing DE (as if everyone at the time didn't realize it). He was telling us how we just HAD to draft Robert Ayers, or Phillip Merling, or someone like that.

If there aren't any guards draft worthy until the 3rd round, this is not the guy I'm going to hear it from.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

TE/RB in the second.

free agent guards.
                    i pray they dont use a higher then 4th on rb for the next 5 years. no rb is special in the modern nfl.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                      i pray they dont use a higher then 4th on rb for the next 5 years. no rb is special in the modern nfl.
                      Well I agree to an extent, but 2nd round is appropriate. 1st round is ridiculous, but if you can get a stud RB in the 2nd you take it.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Turns out the trading away of our 1st rounder this year isn't so completely ******ed after all. This year's draft class sucks. All the position we really need can be available in the later rounds.

Had we still had our first pick at #19, none of the top 2 QBs will still be there anyway.

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          Hmmm...

Did Murph ask if there any Zach Martin's in this class? College OT's who may be better fits inside?

I can't watch the video at the office.
                          I'd love another Cordy Glenn in the 2nd round that we could move to OG.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                            Well I agree to an extent, but 2nd round is appropriate. 1st round is ridiculous, but if you can get a stud RB in the 2nd you take it.
                            I would rather draft a stud CB in the 2nd rnd myself.

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              I would rather draft a stud CB in the 2nd rnd myself.
                              I think I'd rather get a Safety than a CB if we're going DB. McKelvin still has a couple years left on his deal, and we just signed Graham last year. I'm assuming they'll extend Gilmore at some point.

Even if they re-sign Searcy, I think we could use some better competition and depth at Safety before CB.

Comment

Working...
                              X