PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best Playcaller Belichick has faced in the AFCE?

Mahdi
01-08-2015, 12:28 PM
I've been thinking about this, Belichick has a more than dominant record against the AFCE, but, who is the best playcaller he has faced over the years in the AFCE?

If the Bills were to hire Mike Shanahan he may end up being the best since Belichick took over.... Says a lot about the Patriots dominance over the years that its hard to name any real special opposition Bill has had to face....

Best play callers in the NFL are all in other divisions:

Sean Payton, Manning/Gase, Gilbride, McCarthy, Kelly, Reid, Steelers OC, Kubiak, Norv, Jason Garett, Bevell, Koetter.

Is Chan Gailey the best since Belichick took over in NE? Linehan?

Strongman
01-08-2015, 12:37 PM
With regards to Belichick, I think we'd be better off looking for a coach who employs the best counter espionage tactics.

ublinkwescore
01-08-2015, 03:38 PM
^post of the year!!!

DynaPaul
01-09-2015, 07:49 AM
Yeah really, you gotta have a special playbook just for New England with totally different signals and terminology. Then change it for the 2nd game.

Strongman
01-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Yeah really, you gotta have a special playbook just for New England with totally different signals and terminology. Then change it for the 2nd game.

I don't think they need to go that far. They just need to have 5-6 guys call different signals on the sideline with one guy being the real signal caller. I'm sure they's figure out who the decoys are pretty quickly so we'd probably have to rotate the signal caller each play though.