PDA

View Full Version : Rex and Kyle to Pegulas house

ghz in pittsburgh
01-08-2015, 12:45 PM
According to this: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/01/07/rex-ryan-will-hold-court-with-the-pegulas/

Rex Ryan is there today -

http://www.goldenbearrealty.com/property/rx-9978761-17309-white-haven-dr-boca-raton-fl-33496/

Just imagine Rex wants to play pool with Terry or sit by the pool side. Kim better has some sandals on.

Still can't picture where Kyle Shanahan will be. Maybe sit tightly by the movie room - on a side note, com'on Pegulas, that's my movie room size and I don't have a million copared to your billions.

Jaybird
01-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Did kyle coach with Rex on the Jets?

jimmifli
01-08-2015, 12:52 PM
I'd take Rex as HC and running the D with Kyle as an OC.

I like Schwartz, he did a better job than Pettine, but there's enough talent on D for a competent coach to produce.

Kyle got good production out RG3, he is well liked by fans in Cleveland which means a lot to me.

This would be a good upgrade for us, Marrone and Hackett vs Rex and Kyle - yes please!

Strongman
01-08-2015, 12:59 PM
I wonder if this means they are the HC finalists or if it means Rex is the HC, Kyle is the OC, and (possibly) Mike is the new Czar?

GreedoII
01-08-2015, 01:00 PM
I can get behind that. Pettine's D is that of Rex's so the D already knows the scheme to some degree.

Strongman
01-08-2015, 01:07 PM
I also read on the other BB board that Whaley is meeting at the Pegulas' home. Whaley's name has been floated as going to the University of Pittsburgh as it's Athletic Director?

WagonCircler
01-08-2015, 01:17 PM
It's all over the place that Rex is (rightly) scared off by the QB situation.

coastal
01-08-2015, 02:38 PM
I have this sneaking suspicion that he's going to tank this team.

RedEyE
01-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Not a fan of this panning out.

The King
01-08-2015, 02:49 PM
If Kyle is in play does that mean RG3 is too?

Strongman
01-08-2015, 02:53 PM

I'm on the fence about teams tanking on purpose, but we've been doing these partial rebuilds forever and only having marginal results. Sometimes you do have to tear down something old to build something better. It'd be a real shame with this defense though.

RedEyE
01-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Im waffling after reading a few articles about Rex being concerned and leery about Bills QB situation. My thought is Rex might be the one guy that could convience Pegula that Whaley needs to exhaust all efforts in locating a viable QB. Rex could turn the interview into a brain storming session.

Strongman
01-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Im waffling after reading a few articles about Rex being concerned and leery about Bills QB situation. My thought is Rex might be the one guy that could convience Pegula that Whaley needs to exhaust all efforts in locating a viable QB. Rex could turn the interview into a brain storming session.

I wonder if the reports of Rex being really concerned with our QB situation is getting blown out of proportion. He's more of a ground and pound coach. With our defense and running backs and upgrading the OL, Buffalo might be a very desirable place for him.

RedEyE
01-08-2015, 03:28 PM
I wonder if the reports of Rex being really concerned with our QB situation is getting blown out of proportion. He's more of a ground and pound coach. With our defense and running backs and upgrading the OL, Buffalo might be a very desirable place for him.

Possibly. He is coming from a situation where the QB was an issue and not addressed properly. I would think that might be reason enough to give him the slightest hesitation with the Bills. But he has to be drooling over the talent on D. And he has never hidden his feelings on Watkins.If he can convince Pegula his GM has to supply a viable option at QB or he won't even consider signing with Buffalo. That could be the push this team needs to move forward.

Novacane
01-08-2015, 03:29 PM

How do we know they aren't going to exhaust all efforts looking for a QB? The issue is it looks like only garbage is going to be available.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-08-2015, 04:03 PM

I'm on the fence about teams tanking on purpose, but we've been doing these partial rebuilds forever and only having marginal results. Sometimes you do have to tear down something old to build something better. It'd be a real shame with this defense though.

I am unnerved at this idea because really every three to four years for the past fifteen we have been intentionally tanking to start over. In 2001 we had a dumpster fire that produced Mike Williams, Drew Bledsoe and enjoyed only two seasons at or above .500 2002 and 2004. In 2005 we tanked again and got four years of 7-9 and 6-10. In 2010 we tanked again and this led in one way or another to last year's "stellar" 9-7 record. For God's sake lets stop tanking. We can be as two faced as Janus about this in burning the Offense down but we need that Defense kept together.

The Jokeman
01-08-2015, 04:13 PM

Then Rex should go to the Falcons as many predicted but he'll have to do a lot to improve that defense but they have the cap space to do so. Hopefully he does it with UFA Jet players like David Harris and Kenrick Ellis.

Woodman
01-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Terry make sure your wife is covering her tootsies.

The Jokeman
01-08-2015, 04:16 PM
If Kyle is in play does that mean RG3 is too?
I doubt it but I wouldn't be opposed to try and sign Matt Schaub (as Kyle worked with him in Houston) if the Raiders let him go and also draft a guy with the 1st pick in the 5th Round and have EJ compete with them for the starting spot.

The Jokeman
01-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Did kyle coach with Rex on the Jets?
Kyle has never coached for the Jets, I think you're mixing him up for Brian Schottenheimer

Woodman
01-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Terry make sure your wife is covering her tootsies.

Thick wool socks should do the job.

Meathead
01-08-2015, 05:10 PM
i know a guy who says he just saw rexy in a downtown tattoo parlor getting kim in a sanchez jersey inked on his arm. haha im only kidding it was his foot

BuffaloRedleg
01-08-2015, 05:49 PM

That to me is a good thing.

Any candidate who isn't hesitant over this isn't the right guy for the job.

BillsImpossible
01-08-2015, 06:21 PM
What's for dinner?

This is getting super interesting!

DREAM SCENARIO

The Bills hire Rex Ryan to be the coach, Kyle Shanahan becomes the OC, Schwartz remains DC, and Mike Shanahan comes in to help Doug Whaley on the offensive side of the ball, and oversee football operations so Whaley can do what he likes doing most, which is scouting.

Rex Ryan and both Shanahan's?

That would be bold.

Jaybird
01-08-2015, 07:00 PM
any news if sexy rexy has left florida?

The Jokeman
01-08-2015, 07:06 PM
What's for dinner?

This is getting super interesting!

DREAM SCENARIO

The Bills hire Rex Ryan to be the coach, Kyle Shanahan becomes the OC, Schwartz remains DC, and Mike Shanahan comes in to help Doug Whaley on the offensive side of the ball, and oversee football operations so Whaley can do what he likes doing most, which is scouting.

Rex Ryan and both Shanahan's?

That would be bold.

Kyle as OC and Schwartz as DC would be a solid. The only thing is I worry about Rex Ryan and Kyle's philosophies meshing as Rex is all about ground and pound when the truth is you need some sort of passing game to manage games in the NFL and not sure if Rex gets that.

YardRat
01-08-2015, 07:21 PM
"Doug Whaley should get canned for trading down to 16 and drafting EJ Manuel and Kiko Alonso, but hiring a guy that thought Mark Sanchez was worth the #5 overall pick would be great."

Yeah, I'm just not feeling that vibe.

feldspar
01-08-2015, 09:49 PM

That's funny, because I heard that Rex just got an EJ Manuel tattoo on his other arm.

Oaf
01-08-2015, 10:04 PM
What's the latest word on Bills and Reich?

Solution for EJ woes and offense?

Cleve
01-08-2015, 10:04 PM
According to this: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/01/07/rex-ryan-will-hold-court-with-the-pegulas/

Rex Ryan is there today -

http://www.goldenbearrealty.com/property/rx-9978761-17309-white-haven-dr-boca-raton-fl-33496/

Just imagine Rex wants to play pool with Terry or sit by the pool side. Kim better has some sandals on.

Pegula looks like he might be neighbors with Tony Montana from Cuba.

Forward_Lateral
01-09-2015, 05:44 AM
Imagine this. Schwartz as HC. Rex takes the DC job with Kyle the OC.

wmoz11
01-09-2015, 05:56 AM
John Clayton reported that Rex has aligned with Trestman as his OC. So at the very least we can stop talking about Kyle Shanahan and Rex as if they are a package deal.

Saying that, to me Rex becomes much more attractive as a HC with Treatman as his OC.

coastal
01-09-2015, 06:45 AM
In Boca?

I wonder Pegs lives in the same neighborhood as my ex-boss. Likely and if so... the neighborhood is unimaginable. The dumps in the hood (my bosses home) were $2-3 million homes and there's hundreds of them. The high end homes were ridiculous. There was one house with two story glass front doors with a huge ass saltwater aquarium on the opposite side that was basically a whole wall. Another house was literally a replica of the White House albeit smaller. You know the "that was easy" Staples button.... well some rocking hot sales chick came up with that. She started hooking up with the CEO and became the chief of marketing for the company. Their house was obscene. She lived across the street from my boss. we literally drive around his neighborhood for a couple of hours... smoked a joint... looking at homes shortly after he moved in... laughing at the next ridiculous house after the next...

One of the stranger experiences of my life.

feldspar
01-09-2015, 01:03 PM
John Clayton reported that Rex has aligned with Trestman as his OC. So at the very least we can stop talking about Kyle Shanahan and Rex as if they are a package deal.

Saying that, to me Rex becomes much more attractive as a HC with Treatman as his OC.

It's also rumored that the Jets will likely hire Dan Quinn, and that Quinn would try to get Kyle Shanahan to be the offensive coordinator there.