PDA

View Full Version : Jason La Confora

DesertFox24
01-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Our favorite Jason stated the Bills is the least attractive job and mentioned the following. No QB (we all agree), no first round pick (traded it away for WR in WR deep draft), new Owner (what are they about), and still want to bring in a Czar. First of all I don't think we are going to bring in a czar anymore just to bring in a czar. Second why is this first round pick such a big deal? No QB worth the 19th pick and no team in top 5 is going to trade down to 19 without multi first involved. I agree we are not as attractive as Atl or Oakland due to QB situation and cap situation, but I think we are better than Bears and Jets.

Night Train
01-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Candidates want something showing at QB.

We have Manuel and Tuel. That's not a positive to most all candidates being interviewed.

DesertFox24
01-08-2015, 02:51 PM

We have Manuel and Tuel. That's not a positive to most all candidates being interviewed. Look I agree and am not disputing that but neither do the Jets, how does not having a first rounder knock us down that much.

Joe Fo Sho
01-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Our favorite Jason stated the Bills is the least attractive job and mentioned the following. No QB (we all agree), no first round pick (traded it away for WR in WR deep draft), new Owner (what are they about), and still want to bring in a Czar. First of all I don't think we are going to bring in a czar anymore just to bring in a czar. Second why is this first round pick such a big deal? No QB worth the 19th pick and no team in top 5 is going to trade down to 19 without multi first involved. I agree we are not as attractive as Atl or Oakland due to QB situation and cap situation, but I think we are better than Bears and Jets.

The fact that we have no QB and no 1st round pick are 2 completely different negatives. It's not that we can't get a QB with our 19th overall pick, it's that we can't get anything with our 19th overall pick. If we had a QB, not having our 1st round pick would still be a negative, and if we had our 1st round pick, not having a QB would still be a negative. Not having a 1st round pick might not be a huge negative, but it's a negative nonetheless.

I agree that we aren't as attractive as some teams, but I don't necessarily agree that we're the least attractive. There are some solid positives about this team. You know what could make this team really attractive? An owner who is willing to pay a qualified coach a competitive salary to come here and help us get over the hump. Hopefully that's the type of owner we have now.

Buffalogic
01-08-2015, 03:15 PM
La Canfora is a nerd who is nearly always wrong. One of my most despised 'journalists'

Mr. Miyagi
01-08-2015, 03:15 PM
LaCanfora can suck my LaCanballras.

Mr. Miyagi
01-08-2015, 03:17 PM
La Canfora is a nerd who is nearly always wrong. One of my most despised 'journalists'
He's the one who always throws darts on the wall by hiding behind the "I wouldn't be surprised if..." statement.

I wouldn't be surprised if LaCanfora turned out to be a transdyke in the closet.

Novacane
01-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Atl is the best situation with Matt Ryan. San Fran is probably a more appealing job too. Good D and a QB that has played well in the past despite a bad season. Other than them all the teams have questions at QB and more. Oakland is Oakland. That's bad enough. And what has Carr proven? Bears D has to be rebuilt. Cutler is much more talented than our QB's but is he worth the trouble? At least we have a top D. If it wasn't NY city being a high profile place the Jets have the worst job and it's not close imo. Their QB position is just as bad as ours and they don't have the D. We also have a couple good young WR. The jets don't have anything on the offensive side of the ball.

EDS
01-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Atl is the best situation with Matt Ryan. San Fran is probably a more appealing job too. Good D and a QB that has played well in the past despite a bad season. Other than them all the teams have questions at QB and more. Oakland is Oakland. That's bad enough. And what has Carr proven? Bears D has to be rebuilt. Cutler is much more talented than our QB's but is he worth the trouble? At least we have a top D. If it wasn't NY city being a high profile place the Jets have the worst job and it's not close imo. Their QB position is just as bad as ours and they don't have the D. We also have a couple good young WR. The jets don't have anything on the offensive side of the ball.

The Jets have less talent overall than the Bills for sure, but they do have some attractive pieces (Wilkerson and Richardson on defense are studs) and now have talented receivers (Decker and Harvin, unless he is not back for them, then you would be correct). I don't think Ivory is any worse than any back the Bills are likely to have next season (unless CJ is resigned). Obviously Geno is a mess.

justasportsfan
01-08-2015, 04:18 PM
The only thing that needs fixing is the O.In others words we only have 1 unit that needs fixing.

Plus we have q billionaire owner who has $$$$. That's attractive enough

The Jokeman
01-08-2015, 04:25 PM

Oakland is a cluster fudge I can't see anyone wanting that job. Atlanta is a great place for a defensive minded coach but one that can find a good OC since the Falcons OC left when Smith left. The Bears are question mark on D but they have no cap to work with but think their O could be promising if you like Cutler. The Jets just are getting turned down over and over again by personnel man as think their owner is one of the crazier ones now that Davis and Wilson are gone. So to me the best job out there is Atlanta. I'd rank the Bills maybe 3rd best as the 49ers have some talent on both sides of the ball.

feldspar
01-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Which eye is LaCanfora looking at the Bills with? The one that looks straight ahead, or the one that looks off at about a 45-degree angle?

swiper
01-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Which eye is LaCanfora looking at the Bills with? The one that looks straight ahead, or the one that looks off at about a 45-degree angle?

:rofl:

http://sportsrants.com/media/files/2013/05/JasonLaCanfora-300x284.png

Jason wants you to know it's only off 38 degrees.

Jry44
01-08-2015, 06:36 PM

I've been thinking this for the last few weeks. A 1st round pick doesn't guarantee that a worthy QB is going to be where you are picking unless it's in the top 3. We would not have gotten a QB at 19 regardless!

YardRat
01-08-2015, 06:52 PM
QB is a huge question mark, at the very best, an outright cluster**** at worst.

If there ever is such a thing as a 'good' year/situation to not have a first, this may be it. We're not looking for an instant starter on defense anywhere, we're pretty solid at the skill positions on offense, and we wouldn't get a QB anyway. The first pick will probably be a G, C or RB, and the best of that bunch may be available when we choose in the second round anyway.

New owner should be a good thing, and an attractive selling point.

Who really gives a **** about a 'czar' anyway...it that missing aspect is turning a candidate off, I don't want them here anyway.

Mace
01-08-2015, 07:08 PM
First of all I don't think we are going to bring in a czar anymore just to bring in a czar. Second why is this first round pick such a big deal?

Like I've said before, the "czar" thing just means establishing a driving force and philosophy that you're essentially counting on everyone being on board with to work for a common goal besides generic "winning" which everyone wants anyway.

The pick is a big deal because new coaches want to shape and draft the guys to fit their vision. 1st round is just a significant statement pick.

So we're essentially offering uncertainty and no way to decisively shape it.

BillsImpossible
01-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Oakland is a cluster fudge I can't see anyone wanting that job. Atlanta is a great place for a defensive minded coach but one that can find a good OC since the Falcons OC left when Smith left. The Bears are question mark on D but they have no cap to work with but think their O could be promising if you like Cutler. The Jets just are getting turned down over and over again by personnel man as think their owner is one of the crazier ones now that Davis and Wilson are gone. So to me the best job out there is Atlanta. I'd rank the Bills maybe 3rd best as the 49ers have some talent on both sides of the ball.

Interesting perspective.

One thing any coach and their families have to take in to consideration in Oakland and San Francisco is the potential for another big earthquake in those areas.

Factor in super high taxes, super high real estate costs, questionable ownership, and Nancy Pelosi on top of it all and Buffalo doesn't look so bad.

Rebuilding Chicago's defense is a more daunting task than finding one quarterback to make the Bills offense work.

The Bears offense had every opportunity to be great and they failed miserably. Fixing Jay Cutler and his attitude is a whole different story.

The next HC of the Bears will be tied to Jay Cutler, and along with those ties will come big expectations.

The Atlanta job seems warm and fuzzy, but it's a dome team that spells doom to me. Matt Ryan is good, but he'll never be great. Falcons have a lot of holes on defense, they were ranked dead last in the NFL.

The Jets I think are the least desirable team to coach for. They don't have a quarterback, they don't have any offensive weapons, the ownership is questionable and living in New York City ain't cheap.

trapezeus
01-09-2015, 10:30 AM
i think the 49ers job is terrifying. a team that fans feel like that underperformed last year with the harbaugh fuss. i think expectations is that it can be turned around to a SB season next year. "we can get back on track, by appearing in the superbowl"

that's an incredibly high floor. and frankly, kaepernick really looked bad last year. if he keeps regressing, you inherited a qb on a team where expectations are high. if you fail to get them to the playoffs, you could be a one and done coach.

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2015, 01:06 PM
QB is a huge question mark, at the very best, an outright cluster**** at worst.

If there ever is such a thing as a 'good' year/situation to not have a first, this may be it. We're not looking for an instant starter on defense anywhere, we're pretty solid at the skill positions on offense, and we wouldn't get a QB anyway. The first pick will probably be a G, C or RB, and the best of that bunch may be available when we choose in the second round anyway.

New owner should be a good thing, and an attractive selling point.

Who really gives a **** about a 'czar' anyway...it that missing aspect is turning a candidate off, I don't want them here anyway.
The Jets have the same cluster**** at QB, minus a top 5 D, plus NYC unrelenting media, a bunch of nobodys at offensive skill positions. The only thing they have over us is a 1st round pick.

How is that not a worse job?

LaCandora is a double doucher.

jimmifli
01-09-2015, 02:18 PM
We also have the best combined starting field position (ST and D). If the new coach can generate an offense capable of being 20th in yards it could crack the top 10 in points.

You crack the top 10 in points with the garbage we've got on O and you'll win the division and coach of the year.

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2015, 08:08 PM
LaCanfora is a younger fatter John Clayton.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2015, 08:11 PM

We have Manuel and Tuel. That's not a positive to most all candidates being interviewed.
That leads to coaches being fired.