PDA

View Full Version : Remaining 2015 draft picks...

Mace
01-08-2015, 05:32 PM
We just sent a 4th to Philly for Bryce Brown.

Leaves us a 2,3,5,5,6,7, first pick, the 2nd rounder is 50th I think.

I'm apathetic.

swiper
01-08-2015, 05:49 PM
I shouldn't complain about losing a 4th, but Bryce Brown certainly didn't bring to the table what people claimed he would.

Maybe that will change under a new coach. Guess I've gotta wait. No problem. Just hope FJax still plays.

Night Train
01-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Bryce Brown could be useful next season.

Attack some needs in FA, prior to the draft. Guard comes to mind and maybe work a trade for a QB.

The Jokeman
01-08-2015, 06:02 PM
I shouldn't complain about losing a 4th, but Bryce Brown certainly didn't bring to the table what people claimed he would.

Maybe that will change under a new coach. Guess I've gotta wait. No problem. Just hope FJax still plays.

FJax will play but he's might hold up more as a 3rd down back. Dixon did better than I anticipated but think he's better suited as 3rd RB. That mean making Brown the 1st and 2nd down runner. I'm not sure I'm sold on him in that role so I may look to draft a RB somewhere in 2015. I've brought them up in previous threads but like guys like Jay Ajayi and David Johnson as guys who as rookies might be able to compete for the top guy in 2015 and/or eventually replace Freddie which could be in 2016 when his current contract runs out.

The Jokeman
01-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Bryce Brown could be useful next season.

Attack some needs in FA, prior to the draft. Guard comes to mind and maybe work a trade for a QB.

Until we name our HC/OC I think it's anyone's guess as to what we could do at QB after EJ. I think Whaley might draft one and maybe sign for one in UFA/trade for one depending on the coaching staff. If it's Kubiak and/or Kyle Shanahan as OC I could see us pursuing Schaub (if the Raiders release him as many feel will) and/or TJ Yates. If it's Mike with Kyle Shanahan we could see us pursue Bobby Hoyer or maybe trade for Kirk Cousins. If it's Hue Jackson we might see Jason Campbell. If it's Bevell we could see Travares Jackson. As I know none of these guys are great names but they do have histories with our possible HC which might help the transition to their offenses easier or give us a vet fallback option if EJ struggles and then by drafting someone we have a guy with potential or our new OC to mold if they have doubts about EJ. There aren't a lot of great OGs set to be UFA but Bolling from Cincy be interesting if we get Hue Jackson and Jah Reid could be interesting if go Kubiak. That said I think outside of re-signing Hughes I think the top need for the Bills in UFA to find a TE to add to the mix as Lee Smith is an UFA and will gladly see him walk and I'd welcome Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas, Owen Daniels or Jermaine Gresham replace him and/or compete with Chandler for the top TE spot.

The Jokeman
01-08-2015, 06:18 PM
We just sent a 4th to Philly for Bryce Brown.

Leaves us a 2,3,5,5,6,7, first pick, the 2nd rounder is 50th I think.

I'm apathetic.

Andy Levitre was the 51st pick of his draft class.

Mace
01-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Andy Levitre was the 51st pick of his draft class.

Oh I know, I'm just apathetic. Usually around this year I'm diving into scouting reports and draft projections, but this year I'm just not feeling it. When I made the post I meant to say something about it, pro or con, but don't really feel anything pro or con to say. Stared at the screen awhile and just hit enter finally.

The Jokeman
01-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Oh I know, I'm just apathetic. Usually around this year I'm diving into scouting reports and draft projections, but this year I'm just not feeling it. When I made the post I meant to say something about it, pro or con, but don't really feel anything pro or con to say. Stared at the screen awhile and just hit enter finally.

Remember the draft doesn't end with the 1st Round and besides we still have the offseason to add a free agent or two. I love the offseason I'm not as invested as I usually am now only because not sure what to expect at HC/OC. Once that's taken care of I'll be in full Monday Morning GM mode but already partly there with some of the suggestions I've made so far.

YardRat
01-08-2015, 07:32 PM
2-Cam Erving,C,Fla St
3-TJ Yeldon/RB,Ala
5a-Jeff Heuermann,TE,Ohio St
5b-Kenny Bell,WR,Neb
6-Sean Mannion,QB,Ore St
7-Jemauria Rascu,DE,LSU

or

2-TJ Yeldon/RB,Ala
3-Tre Jackson,G,Fla St
5a-Kenny Bell,WR,Neb
5b-Shane Carden,QB,East Car
6-Kaleb Eulls, DT,Miss St
7-Taiwan Jones, MLB,Mich St

Get a starting guard and TE in free agency also.

Don't Panic
01-08-2015, 07:39 PM
2-Cam Erving,C,Fla St
3-TJ Yeldon/RB,Ala
5b-Kenny Bell,WR,Neb
6-Sean Mannion,QB,Ore St
7-Jemauria Rascu,DE,LSU

or

2-TJ Yeldon/RB,Ala
3-Tre Jackson,G,Fla St
5a-Kenny Bell,WR,Neb

I'm a big Yeldon fan too. Is be thrilled if he was there in the 3rd. I see us drafting Hughes' replacement in the 2nd.

RedEyE
01-09-2015, 05:05 AM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/1/8/7517209/buffalo-bills-2015-nfl-draft-picks-full-list

So if I read this right:

2nd (50th overall)
3rd
5th
5th
6th
7th

YardRat
01-09-2015, 05:10 AM
merged

RedEyE
01-09-2015, 05:13 AM
Whoops. I swear I looked. :coffee:

The Jokeman
01-09-2015, 05:59 AM
2-Cam Erving,C,Fla St
3-TJ Yeldon/RB,Ala
5b-Kenny Bell,WR,Neb
6-Sean Mannion,QB,Ore St
7-Jemauria Rascu,DE,LSU

or

2-TJ Yeldon/RB,Ala
3-Tre Jackson,G,Fla St
5a-Kenny Bell,WR,Neb

I like your 1st draft better but not sure we need Bell. As think we need a WR who can contribute more as a return man and/or gunner on ST. Also I'm a bigger fan of Mannion than Carden but not sure he'd last to Round 6. I haven't gone full draft mode yet so will need to research some of the guys your brought up but thinking interior O-line will definitely be one of our first two picks as well as RB is a possibility.

YardRat
01-09-2015, 08:50 AM
I like your 1st draft better but not sure we need Bell. As think we need a WR who can contribute more as a return man and/or gunner on ST. Also I'm a bigger fan of Mannion than Carden but not sure he'd last to Round 6. I haven't gone full draft mode yet so will need to research some of the guys your brought up but thinking interior O-line will definitely be one of our first two picks as well as RB is a possibility.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227464-YardRat-s-way-too-early-off-season-V1-0

I have Easley (gunner) coming back and retaining Thigpen (returns). I think Bell could replace Goodwin's spot, admittedly not his speed.

Forward_Lateral
01-09-2015, 09:13 AM
More money to spend on free agents too

justasportsfan
01-09-2015, 09:19 AM
but Bryce Brown certainly didn't bring to the table what people claimed he would.

was that his fault or was that coaching? From what I'm reading lately is that it was coaching who held back players and I am starting to lean towards that since n0t even our no.1 and 1a running backs could do anything this year.

Whats scary is that it's true that coaching was clueless and held players back and Spiller will soon light it up playing for some other team.

ParanoidAndroid
01-09-2015, 09:34 AM
2-Cam Erving,C,Fla St
3-TJ Yeldon/RB,Ala
5b-Kenny Bell,WR,Neb
6-Sean Mannion,QB,Ore St
7-Jemauria Rascu,DE,LSU

or

2-TJ Yeldon/RB,Ala
3-Tre Jackson,G,Fla St
5a-Kenny Bell,WR,Neb

Kenny Bell is a better receiver than his numbers playing in that Nebraska offense. He has some potential. He had Taylor Martinez as his QB for most of his Husker years. Wasted talent.

The Jokeman
01-09-2015, 09:43 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227464-YardRat-s-way-too-early-off-season-V1-0

I have Easley (gunner) coming back and retaining Thigpen (returns). I think Bell could replace Goodwin's spot, admittedly not his speed.

I'm not a Goodwin fan so I'm okay with that.