PDA

View Full Version : Cam Newton/EJ Manuel

jpdex12
01-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Watching the Panthers game now...not that we know EJ is as good as Cam yet but they are similar in size, why don't we use EJ more like Cam? Cam runs hard when he runs. Makes him more difficult to defend when you know he will run. Instead we told EJ not to run and be smart. Nothing like holding back your potential...

TacklingDummy
01-10-2015, 07:56 PM
"Yet" :lmao:

djjimkelly
01-10-2015, 08:01 PM
i agree we dont know what EJ could be because of fool marrone.

i dont think EJ is that much different then cam panthers win becuz of defense

IlluminatusUIUC
01-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Cam Newton is a much, much more natural runner, and he's one of the toughest dudes in the NFL. I don't know that we can ask the same things of Manuel.

SpikedLemonade
01-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Cam Newton is a much, much more natural runner, and he's one of the toughest dudes in the NFL. I don't know that we can ask the same things of Manuel.

Why not?

After all, they are both Black....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTX6Q6_VFW8

IlluminatusUIUC
01-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Why not?

After all, they are both Black....

The running thing always gets thrown around black QBs, no matter how good they are (or aren't) at doing so. EJ Manuel, if he's going to succeed, should probably emulate Ben Roethlisberger rather than Newton. He's got the size to move around the pocket and shrug off some hits, and the arm to stretch a defense deep. The designed run thing just doesn't work for him at all.

Mace
01-10-2015, 09:37 PM
"not as good as Cam, yet" and why don't we use him that way.

Well, 7-8-1 and 31-17 in a playoff game aren't really arguments that make you real excited.

djjimkelly
01-10-2015, 09:41 PM
"not as good as Cam, yet" and why don't we use him that way.

Well, 7-8-1 and 31-17 in a playoff game aren't really arguments that make you real excited.

thats why i said i dont think they are that different cam better runner and i DO think EJ is a bit better as a passer.

cam is improving and made a few nice throws today but hes never gonna be an aaron rodgers type

WagonCircler
01-10-2015, 10:12 PM
i DO think EJ is a bit better as a passer.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swiper
01-11-2015, 04:14 AM
The running thing always gets thrown around black QBs, no matter how good they are (or aren't) at doing so. EJ Manuel, if he's going to succeed, should probably emulate Ben Roethlisberger rather than Newton. He's got the size to move around the pocket and shrug off some hits, and the arm to stretch a defense deep. The designed run thing just doesn't work for him at all.

If Cam Newton is one of the toughest dudes in the NFL, then Ben Roesthlisberger may be the toughest QB in the NFL. Manuel is a wilting flower of fragility. One of his many downfalls. He will never emulate the toughness of Roethlisberger. Suggesting he do so would only see him get killed back there.

djjimkelly
01-11-2015, 05:51 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt say hes was tom brady lol

ill maintain forever marrone really ****ed up this year not playing EJ. and anyone who says EJ would have been better/worse then orton this year is SO FULL OF SH1t its not right :)

sudzy
01-11-2015, 06:15 AM
Let's give EJ another chance... maybe we should give EJ a stud WR, maybe we get him another coach, maybe we should use him like Michael Vick, maybe build the line and use him like Brady, maybe....
Here's to going into another training camp with, "give EJ another shot" as your best answer at QB.
:shoothead:

IlluminatusUIUC
01-11-2015, 09:56 AM
If Cam Newton is one of the toughest dudes in the NFL, then Ben Roesthlisberger may be the toughest QB in the NFL. Manuel is a wilting flower of fragility. One of his many downfalls. He will never emulate the toughness of Roethlisberger. Suggesting he do so would only see him get killed back there.

I agree about Ben. But looking at EJ's skillset, that's the only model I see working. He's not going to suddenly become Manning or Brady with precision short passing, so I think his best path to success is to use the long ball to open up those windows.