• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bdutton
    • Jul 2013

Source: Bills and Ryan negotiating with SF OC Greg Roman

Looks like Rex and the Bills are going after Greg Roman for OC job:

A deal to make Rex Ryan the next Bills head coach is not yet complete, but they're reportedly already negotiating with Ryan's chosen offensive coordinator: Greg Roman, formerly of San Francisco.

Rex Ryan will reportedly be the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills - and while team owners Kim and Terry Pegula work on banging out a contract with him, they're also working on signing Ryan's offensive coordinator, as well. Per Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News, former San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman is Ryan's choice to run the offense in Buffalo.
    #Bills also working on hiring Greg Roman as offensive coordinator, I am told, but deal not done.
    — Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) January 11, 2015
    Earlier this week on a WGR 550 appearance, ESPN's John Clayton had told Mike Schopp that Ryan was "aligned" with former Chicago head coach Marc Trestman for the offensive coordinator role. That, however, does not appear to be the case.
    Roman was one of 12 coaches, Ryan included, that the Bills interviewed for their head coaching position. He had spent the last six years of his coaching career working for Jim Harbaugh - the first two years at Stanford coaching tight ends and offensive tackles, and then the last four as his offensive coordinator in San Fran - but will not follow Harbaugh to Michigan.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Source: Bills and Ryan negotiating with SF OC Greg Roman

Roman, unlike our last coach, knows how to build an OL. He may also be able to help us recruit Iupati.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• baalworship
      • May 2003

Even though QB is priority #1, the offensive line is priority #1b. Roman is a huge upgrade over Marrone/Hackett.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        Roman, unlike our last coach, knows how to build an OL. He may also be able to help us recruit Iupati.
        I know Vernon Davis isn't the same anymore but I think he could be a great add. Agree Iupati is in play unless they franchise him.

Comment

• jrock2004
          • Aug 2014

I am excited before he is even signed he is going after coaches. I don't think Marone did that.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

If Roman is hired does that mean Hackett is not the OC?

sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• paladin warrior
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Oct 2004

I wish fire or cut Downing QB coach

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Yet can he develop a QB? I hate to sound negative but Roman hasn't shown me anything in San Fran to give me confidence that he's done anything but let Kap use his athleticism take over games.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                  I know Vernon Davis isn't the same anymore but I think he could be a great add. Agree Iupati is in play unless they franchise him.
                  Davis be a welcome addition. Iupati is getting over hyped as he doesn't grade out as a great pass blocker so I'm reserved giving him the money he'll command.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                    Yet can he develop a QB? I hate to sound negative but Roman hasn't shown me anything in San Fran to give me confidence that he's done anything but let Kap use his athleticism take over games.
                    Isn't that what makes Kaep his best though?
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                      Meh, Davis is getting up there in age and isn't a even 50/50 to play 16 games a year. I think the one thing Roman has shown is that he wants and will utilize a versatile type of weapon in his offense. I think that guy for us is MarQuies Gray.

If you look what Roman did with Delanie Walker in San Francisco, I could see Gray taking up the exact same role for us.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Isn't that what makes Kaep his best though?
                        It we let EJ rely on his athleticism we're screwed. We need a coach that can build a passing game that will allow EJ to move the chains and sustain clock. I just don't trust Roman to do so.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Booby Dixon will be happy today.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Meh, Davis is getting up there in age and isn't a even 50/50 to play 16 games a year. I think the one thing Roman has shown is that he wants and will utilize a versatile type of weapon in his offense. I think that guy for us is MarQuies Gray.

If you look what Roman did with Delanie Walker in San Francisco, I could see Gray taking up the exact same role for us.
                            I'm admitting to be a Davis homer. If he can do it with a lesser TE I'm all for it.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                              It we let EJ rely on his athleticism we're screwed. We need a coach that can build a passing game that will allow EJ to move the chains and sustain clock. I just don't trust Roman to do so.
                              That's not EJ's greatest asset, so why would we do that?

I don't think you're really giving him enough credit for developing Kaep. Given what Kaep was in college he's come a long way.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X