PDA

View Full Version : Rex 46-50

imbondz
01-11-2015, 09:52 AM
We hired a defensive coach with a career 46-50 record and gave him a raise. More stupidity by the Bills organization. Hate this hire.

BleedinGreenNC
01-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Great hire by the Bills! Especially for that much money. If you wanted headlines, you got it now.

coastal
01-11-2015, 09:57 AM
His whole family has spent their entire waking existence around this game.

There's nothing stupid about the hire

BleedinGreenNC
01-11-2015, 09:58 AM
His whole family has spent their entire waking existence around this game.

There's nothing stupid about the hire

Have you seen his game management?

coastal
01-11-2015, 09:59 AM
Have you seen his game management?
All I see r nipples

Dr. Lecter
01-11-2015, 10:00 AM
We hired a defensive coach with a career 46-50 record and gave him a raise. More stupidity by the Bills organization. Hate this hire.

Who did you want?

He also took a mediocre, at best, team with a crap QB to two AFC Championship games.

And who cares if he's defensive? Marrone was an offensive guy and the defense got better under him.

Hire the best guy for the job. Get the right assistants. And the best players and it will work out

TacklingDummy
01-11-2015, 10:01 AM

They dont want to taint the mediocrity that Ralph Wilson took a lifetime building.
He's the perfect coach.

pmoon6
01-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Even though I don't like Ryan and his bragadoccio, I prefer him over Shanahan, Gruden or any of the flavor of the year coordinators, Haslett and Del Rio excluded.

black N yellow
01-11-2015, 10:14 AM
John Fox had an awful record when he got fired from Carolina and was hired by Denver. Remember Belicheat's record prior to NE? Not saying it's a given that the same path will follow, but prior records don't always mean much.

imbondz
01-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Good news is I hated the Shwartz hire too! lol

Mace
01-11-2015, 10:21 AM
I love Ryan's personality and think he got some dorking over in NYC. Could have seen him working great in Atlanta.

That said, will hate the hire myself. They needed an offensive guy with a plan, not still more defensive attention. Some people are inclined to say but Ryan is a manager type. No he's not unless you mean for defense where we were just fine thanks.

Hungry fish always bite on the biggest shiny and end up flopping on the dock. I don't see this turning out well in terms of wins, but it will be a colorful entertaining train wreck of angst.

coastal
01-11-2015, 10:44 AM
We are two guards and some ****ing ground and pound from competing for the AFC East title.

on our way

TacklingDummy
01-11-2015, 10:50 AM
John Fox had an awful record when he got fired from Carolina and was hired by Denver. Remember Belicheat's record prior to NE? Not saying it's a given that the same path will follow, but prior records don't always mean much.

Cleveland QB's: Kozar, Testaverde, Eric Zeier, Mike Tomzack, Todd Philcox

Carolina QB's: Jimmy Clausen, Matt Moore, Brian St. Pierre, Jake Delhomme. Vinny Testaverde, David Carr, Cris Weinke, Rodney Peete

New England: Bledsoe, Brady, Cassell, Testaverde

Denver: Tebow, Orton, Manning

15 years Belchick has been coaching New England and they have only won less than 10 games 1 time. That's amazing. Welcome to the AFC East.

Meathead
01-11-2015, 10:54 AM
15 years Belchick has been coaching New England and they have only won less than 10 games 1 time. That's amazing. Welcome to the AFC East.

total coincidence that it all occurred when the best qb to ever play exactly at the time the nfl kept changing the rules to make it more and more a qb centric league fell right into his lap

yeah idk what i was thinking, hes freakin brilliant

better days
01-11-2015, 09:25 PM
And if you count the postseason, Rex's record is 50-52.

Some IDIOTS on the Jets board point to the record Rex had, but the vest majority of Jets fans realize it was the fault of the GM to not bring in good players to replace the good players he got rid of.

And even those Jets fans that wanted Rex gone are not happy about him coming to Buffalo.

Meathead
01-11-2015, 10:05 PM
awesome

Night Train
01-12-2015, 02:10 AM
NE did the same thing when hiring Belichick after his Cleveland stint. 36-44.

Idiots !

We should have given the job to some unproven coordinator !

swiper
01-12-2015, 03:59 AM

John Fox is an excellent football coach. Rex Ryan is just a buffoon.

swiper
01-12-2015, 04:00 AM
ROFL at comparing Ryan to Belichick. Just ROFL.

Night Train
01-12-2015, 04:12 AM
ROFL at comparing Ryan to Belichick. Just ROFL.

When he was hired by the Pats, he was 36-44. A popular choice at that time ? Hardly. They went 5-11 that first year and then the Brady miracle entered.

Time proved him out... and that is the obvious point. To be determined.

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I'm guessing.

swiper
01-12-2015, 04:21 AM
When he was hired by the Pats, he was 36-44. A popular choice at that time ? Hardly. They went 5-11 that first year and then the Brady miracle entered.

Time proved him out... and that is the obvious point. To be determined.

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I'm guessing.

You're not the sharpest, I'd say. I live in the NYC area and have seen Ryan under a microscope for 6 years. He makes in-game decisions that will make you feel right at home - you're going to think you're watching Jauron, Gailey, or Marrone. So I hope you're happy.

He also refuses to get involved in the offense at all. Refuses. Not one bit. He doesn't even know what's going on with the offense during the games. Doesn't exactly remind you of Landry, Shula, Noll, Madden, Walsh, et al.

Anyone who projects one coach is going to turn his losing record around just because another one did qualifies as a magical thinker. That would be you.

Moreover, you fail on another level. Belichick went 5 years in between gigs - learning under Parcells before his NE gig. Rex has been out of work for what? Two or three weeks? LOL. Ok. Yeah. He'll just wake up one day in Buffalo and be better. Like I said. ROFL at you.

And worst of all is the fact that Marrone beat him 81 - 26 this year.

Awesome.

Night Train
01-12-2015, 04:23 AM
You're not the sharpest, I'd say. I live in the NYC area and have seen Ryan under a microscope for 6 years. He makes in-game decisions that will make you feel right at home - you're going to think you're watching Jauron, Gailey, or Marrone. So I hope you're happy.

He also refuses to get involved in the offense at all. Refuses. Not one bit. He doesn't even know what's going on with the offense during the games. Doesn't exactly remind you of Landry, Shula, Noll, Madden, Walsh, et al.

Anyone who projects one coach is going to turn his losing record around just because another one did qualifies as a magical thinker. That would be you.

Moreover, you fail on another level. Belichick went 5 years in between gigs - learning under Parcells before his NE gig. Rex has been out of work for what? Two or three weeks? LOL. Ok. Yeah. He'll just wake up one day in Buffalo and be better. Like I said. ROFL at you.

Ouch. I'm in pain. ROFL

Mind over matter. I don't mind and you don't matter.

better days
01-12-2015, 06:38 AM

Awesome.

I would say Schwartz had a lot more to do with the Bills winning those games than Marrone did.

djjimkelly
01-12-2015, 06:54 AM

Awesome.

learning under parcells LMAO get your facts right

take a look at parcells record without belichek its very average.

belichek is a defensive genius who was at the right place right time with brady which = one crazy 13-14 year run

ryan as a defensive guru is on par IMO with belicheks career, lets hope he gets a brady while hes our coach

EricStratton
01-12-2015, 07:10 AM
When did John Fox become and excellent football coach?

Buckets
01-12-2015, 07:22 AM
Who did you want?

He also took a mediocre, at best, team with a crap QB to two AFC Championship games.

And who cares if he's defensive? Marrone was an offensive guy and the defense got better under him.

Hire the best guy for the job. Get the right assistants. And the best players and it will work out

Two AFC championship games and then all down hill since then. We have a great defense already we don't need REX medaling with that and if all it takes is getting the right assistants why couldn't he get it done in NY? Getting the right assistants and the best players, with that formula anyone could look good at HC.

EricStratton
01-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Listen Swiper, I live in the NYC area as well, just a few miles from Florham Park and have watched the freak show that is Rex Ryan up close for years. He will make some terrible decisions at times and he will say some things at times that make you nuts but there is no denying that his players play hard for him and for some reason players in the NFL seem to want to be on a team that he coaches.

Hopefully he learned from the last 12-18 months that didn't go well and he takes the steps the become involved in his offense and brings the right people in to help with that but only time will tell us those answers, to love or hate the move January 12th serves no purpose.

swiper
01-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Listen Swiper, I live in the NYC area as well, just a few miles from Florham Park and have watched the freak show that is Rex Ryan up close for years. He will make some terrible decisions at times and he will say some things at times that make you nuts but there is no denying that his players play hard for him and for some reason players in the NFL seem to want to be on a team that he coaches.

Hopefully he learned from the last 12-18 months that didn't go well and he takes the steps the become involved in his offense and brings the right people in to help with that but only time will tell us those answers, to love or hate the move January 12th serves no purpose.

ROFL.. Our first Rex apologist.

EricStratton
01-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Really, that's what you get out of that.

I guess you are as much of a dumbass as you seem.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I forgot. You live near NYC so that gives you great insight.

My mistake.

The last buffalo fan
01-12-2015, 02:50 PM
:spit:

go****ingBills, go ****ingBuffalo!

Night Train
01-12-2015, 03:55 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...bills-0111.jpg (http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2074237.1421035118%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/article-bills-0111.jpg)

pmoon6
01-12-2015, 04:22 PM
For the umpteenth time, players win games, coaches don't. Their job is to prepare the players and come up with game plans. If the players don't execute, the team loses, no matter how great the game plan is.