PDA

View Full Version : Is It Okay If The Bills Draft A QB In The 2nd Round?

BillsImpossible
01-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Say the Bills sign Mike Iupati to a contract in free agency, and draft a quarterback in the 2nd round of the 2015 NFL Draft.

Would you be cool with that?

Garrett Grayson

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uSZz0Sg8qMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sean Mannion

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s0W0MnAS_Kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SpikedLemonade
01-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Why not?

Or a RB.

We do need two starting FA Guards however.

Chris Williams sucks.

coastal
01-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Iupati Boling

RB in second.

BillsImpossible
01-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Iupati Boling

RB in second.

If the Bills draft a running back in the 2nd round, that will put me back on the vomit comet.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-11-2015, 12:38 PM
with our current coaching upgrades and if we can grab iupati, i would be more than cool with that

coastal
01-11-2015, 12:39 PM
If the Bills draft a running back in the 2nd round, that will put me back on the vomit comet.
Think about it... we don't have a 1st two down back. Fred can't handle it anymore and he's the perfect 3rd down compliment given his blocking and receiving abilities.

CJ Spiller can't even spell his first name.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Drafting a RB in round 2 might be even worse than drafting a K in round 2.

RB's do not matter in this league anymore.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-11-2015, 12:44 PM
with some decent guard play, lets see if fred jackson is truly 'done'

X-Era
01-11-2015, 12:44 PM
If one is worthy I'm fine with it. The guys I like will likely be there later. Grayson, Petty.

BillsImpossible
01-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Think about it... we don't have a 1st two down back. Fred can't handle it anymore and he's the perfect 3rd down compliment given his blocking and receiving abilities.

CJ Spiller can't even spell his first name.

Good running backs can be found in the 7th round.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-11-2015, 12:48 PM
You don't get a Le'veon Bell in 7th

coastal
01-11-2015, 12:50 PM
with some decent guard play, lets see if fred jackson is truly 'done'
Why not ensure our depth at the position with a high quality draftee... especially if we're going to be a pound the rock team.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2015, 12:50 PM

You don't need a Le'veon Bell.

X-Era
01-11-2015, 12:51 PM
I want Yeldon. But don't be shocked to see Gurley still there at 50 with that ACL injury.

BillsImpossible
01-11-2015, 12:53 PM

No, you get Justin Forsett.

SpikedLemonade
01-11-2015, 12:54 PM
I want Yeldon. But don't be shocked to see Gurley still there at 50 with that ACL injury.

I like Yeldon, but I am not sure he is big enough for our purposes.

coastal
01-11-2015, 12:57 PM
And I don't agree that RBs are a dime a dozen just because conventional wisdom says so.

**** conventional wisdom.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Frank Gore can probably be had as a free agent in the offseason on the cheap to round out the depth at the position.

SpikedLemonade
01-11-2015, 12:58 PM
You can now draft elite RBs in the 2nd round that 10 years ago would be drafted in the top 10.

They do need to be truly elite though otherwise an average RB can be found much much later in the draft.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-11-2015, 01:00 PM
You don't need a Le'veon Bell.

Why not? This is an all purpose back; power run, speed, catching, AND protection block. The Steelers playoff loss to the Ravens in large part is because they don't have Bell for blocking from RB position.

X-Era
01-11-2015, 01:00 PM
I like Yeldon, but I am not sure he is big enough for our purposes.
I'm still going with thunder and lightning approach. If Spiller leaves I want something like him as a replacement. Slasher, speed, a guy who fits well in a spread or zone blocking scheme. A guy who can kill you with room to run. Maybe the opposite of a N/S runner.

SpikedLemonade
01-11-2015, 01:01 PM
I'm still going with thunder and lightning approach. If Spiller leaves I want something like him as a replacement. Slasher, speed, a guy who fits well in a spread or zone blocking scheme. A guy who can kill you with room to run. Maybe the opposite of a N/S runner.

AND Bryce Brown is the thunder?

BillsImpossible
01-11-2015, 01:05 PM
How did this thread turn in to a conversation about running backs?

The Bills need a quarterback, stop avoiding the biggest problem that has plagued this franchise since Jim Kelly retired.

I'm tired of drafting the Lynch's and Spillers of the world, draft a freaking quarterback.

X-Era
01-11-2015, 01:06 PM
AND Bryce Brown is the thunder?Except he has been so far. Maybe the spread would make him that. It's possible.

X-Era
01-11-2015, 01:07 PM
How did this thread turn in to a conversation about running backs?

The Bills need a quarterback, stop avoiding the biggest problem that has plagued this franchise since Jim Kelly retired.

I'm tired of drafting the Lynch's and Spillers of the world, draft a freaking quarterback.Don't disagree. Like I said, I like Grayson and Petty. I also would like to trade for RG3. I think he could become very good in a spread. I don't see a sure-fire fix from this off-season to be honest.

coastal
01-11-2015, 01:09 PM
We had a real power running back who we let go because he liked to mow down fat chicks on Chippewa with his car.

beast mode is the perfect incarnation (without the personality issues) of what we need at the position.

bryce Brown is emergency depth. CJ... cut him now.

Draft one of the best with our 2nd round pick and bring in another vet to split the duties with and mentor the rookie.

fred becomes our 3rd down back.

SpikedLemonade
01-11-2015, 01:11 PM
We had a real power running back who we let go because he liked to mow down fat chicks on Chippewa with his car.

beast mode is the perfect incarnation (without the personality issues) of what we need at the position.

bryce Brown is emergency depth. CJ... cut him now.

Draft one of the best with our 2nd round pick and bring in another vet to split the duties with and mentor the rookie.

fred becomes our 3rd down back.

Bye bye Boobie?

djjimkelly
01-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Drafting a RB in round 2 might be even worse than drafting a K in round 2.

RB's do not matter in this league anymore.

couldnt agree more we have suclked for 15 years because we keep drafting rbs in the 1st round

no good team drafts a rb early in the draft for 10 years

djjimkelly
01-11-2015, 01:14 PM
NO RB or QB in this years draft PLEASE!!!!!!!!! at least not till the 4th round

X-Era
01-11-2015, 01:16 PM
NO RB or QB in this years draft PLEASE!!!!!!!!! at least not till the 4th round
I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyways. What would you like to see with our 2nd and 3rd?

BillsImpossible
01-11-2015, 01:21 PM
I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyways. What would you like to see with our 2nd and 3rd?

I'd like to see the Bills draft Garrett Grayson in the 2nd round, Sean Mannion in the 3rd, and Bryce Petty in the 4th.

YardRat
01-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Iupati Boling

TJ Yeldon in second.

That would be a wet dream.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2015, 01:27 PM
TJ Yeldon will be a bust.

He's Trent Richardson but worse.

No thanks.

YardRat
01-11-2015, 01:28 PM
I don't think there is a QB there this year that is worth taking in the second because he won't be available in the third.

SpikedLemonade
01-11-2015, 01:29 PM
This Cowboys OL makes me so jealous.

X-Era
01-11-2015, 01:30 PM
I'd like to see the Bills draft Garrett Grayson in the 2nd round, Sean Mannion in the 3rd, and Bryce Petty in the 4th.
I could go along with drafting 2 if the vet we sign is expendable without a heavy contract hit if he doesn't pan out. But 3 is a waste.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-11-2015, 01:40 PM
TJ Yeldon will be a bust.

He's Trent Richardson but worse.

No thanks.

how is that even possible to be worse than trent

Downinfloflo
01-11-2015, 01:41 PM
All other positions are meaningless unless you have one of them QB thingies.

yordad
01-11-2015, 01:47 PM
If we can not score a vet let's draft one in the 2nd and the 3rd. Why keep fuel on as a fringe 3rd stringer if our stater blows.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2015, 01:54 PM

By watching the two of them play.

Richardson was able to carry the ball more and take more of a pounding while producing the same ypc. Also Richardson was more of a threat as a receiving option out of the backfield.

Both products of the same system.

Don't worry next year Derrick Henry will be the next big thing out of the Alabama backfield. Actually think he's better than Yeldon to be honest.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-11-2015, 01:57 PM
No, you get Justin Forsett.

Just go look up how many 2nd round RBs wind up being Justin Fortsett vs how many 7th round wind up being successful. By your logic, we can just wait until 6th round to draft QB because you get Tom Brady there.

coastal
01-11-2015, 01:59 PM
All other positions are meaningless unless you have one of them QB thingies.
Every now and then a team wins the big show with a suspect QB and a dominating D.

the bucs did it.

we have that shot next year.

X-Era
01-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Every now and then a team wins the big show with a suspect QB and a dominating D.

the bucs did it.

we have that shot next year.So did the Ravens and Dilfer... with Ryan part of the D staff.

BillsImpossible
01-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Just go look up how many 2nd round RBs wind up being Justin Fortsett vs how many 7th round wind up being successful. By your logic, we can just wait until 6th round to draft QB because you get Tom Brady there.

Good running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL.

Quarterbacks are not.

djjimkelly
01-11-2015, 02:08 PM

O line, TE or DB i think we are set at d line and LB i wouldnt be opposed to DT in round 2 either

coastal
01-11-2015, 02:12 PM
That would be a wet dream.
Todd Gurley... Frank Gore as a free agent addition.

X-Era
01-11-2015, 02:13 PM
O line, TE or DB i think we are set at d line and LB i wouldnt be opposed to DT in round 2 either
So when do you stop drafting OL and actually develop the guys you drafted? We did this last year. We need sure fire from FA or we might as well develop who we drafted.

The Jokeman
01-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Todd Gurley... Frank Gore as a free agent addition.
That's overkill. We still have an off season to determine what we need to draft. If we lose Hughes I wonder if Rex try and convert us to a 34 defense? If so we'll need a NT.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2015, 02:20 PM

the bucs did it.

So did the Ravens and Dilfer... with Ryan part of the D staff.

Both of these arguments make me laugh.

Brad Johnson was a pro bowl QB in 2002 on a Buc team that had next to no rushing attack. In fact opposing teams had a better YPC against them than they had offensively.

If the Ravens Superbowl was 100% all on their defense, Tony Banks wouldn't have been benched. Fact is that team under Banks wouldn't have even made the playoffs, their offense went something like 5 weeks without scoring a TD with Banks under center.

The last time a team won a Superbowl despite shoddy QB play might be the 1980 Raiders.

coastal
01-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Overkill?

A pound the rock running game needs horses. CJ sucks. Fjax is awesome but long in the tooth and no longer a feature back.

A pro who is familiar with Roman in Gore and a big, physical rookie out of that mold?

thats not overkill.

thats building a team to win a Championship.

oh... we don't need any new d personnel because of a scheme.

X-Era
01-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Both of these arguments make me laugh.

Brad Johnson was a pro bowl QB in 2002 on a Buc team that had next to no rushing attack. In fact opposing teams had a better YPC against them than they had offensively.

If the Ravens Superbowl was 100% all on their defense, Tony Banks wouldn't have been benched. Fact is that team under Banks wouldn't have even made the playoffs, their offense went something like 5 weeks without scoring a TD with Banks under center.

The last time a team won a Superbowl despite shoddy QB play might be the 1980 Raiders.So you agree? Shoddy and mediocre are different. EJ is mediocre too.

WagonCircler
01-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Would have been nice to have picked up Carlos Hyde.

The Jokeman
01-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Would have been nice to have picked up Carlos Hyde.
For the sake of losing Preston Brown?

Mr. Pink
01-11-2015, 02:35 PM
So you agree? Shoddy and mediocre are different. EJ is mediocre too.

Shoddy = mediocre

Plunkett wasn't good, he wasn't really efficient and the Raiders still won anyway.

If your QB isn't good or efficient, you won't win in this league. And with the amount of outstanding QBs, efficient might not even be good enough anymore.

I disagree completely that a team with "suspect" QB play can win a Superbowl. A team with "suspect" QB play is gonna have a hard time winning a divisional round playoff game. Because by the time you get to that game, you're gonna be matched up against another team who has a good QB.

The Jokeman
01-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Overkill?

A pound the rock running game needs horses. CJ sucks. Fjax is awesome but long in the tooth and no longer a feature back.

A pro who is familiar with Roman in Gore and a big, physical rookie out of that mold?

thats not overkill.

thats building a team to win a Championship.

oh... we don't need any new d personnel because of a scheme.

Give me a TE before a two RBs, I agree we need a RB if Spiller leaves but not two. Gore has too much mileage on his body. You want a bruising RB take David Johnson in Round 3 or 5.

notacon
01-11-2015, 02:38 PM

the bucs did it.

Tampa did that 12 years ago. It's a different game today. Oh...the Bucs scored 48 points in that SB.

No dominating QB = No Super Bowl.

Period.

DraftBoy
01-11-2015, 02:38 PM
You mention two guys in Grayson and Mannion who are late Day 3 options, not Round 2 options.

DraftBoy
01-11-2015, 02:40 PM

Fumble problems, plus he runs so upright which is Richardson's biggest issue.

swiper
01-11-2015, 02:44 PM
So did the Ravens and Dilfer... with Ryan part of the D staff.

Oh gawd. This is what we have to go into next year listening to?

X-Era
01-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Oh gawd. This is what we have to go into next year listening to?
Nope. Because no one wants a franchise QB more than me. Its' just not happening from this off-season.

coastal
01-11-2015, 02:50 PM
So let's add Sanchez, Iupati and Boling and build a badass backfield and run down the league's, ****ing "it's a quarterback league" collective throats.

X-Era
01-11-2015, 02:52 PM
So let's add Sanchez, Iupati and Boling and build a badass backfield and run down the league's, ****ing "it's a quarterback league" collective throats.Zero problem with this... Well 25% problem. I don't want Sanchez.

cookie G
01-11-2015, 02:54 PM

the bucs did it.

Basing team building on "every now and then?", .i.e more than 10 years ago?

Kind of like building the O line on theory of "every now and then, you can find a kick ass left tackle as an UFDA, like Jason Peters!". It happens, but you don't build based on longshots.

Sorry, this idea of dumping your RB and using your top draft pick to draft yet another one needs to stop. Maybe a team that has a QB can get away with it, but we're not that team.

Priority one is to find a QB, priority 2 is the O line...they can be done in tandem.

If Roman gets here, he's going to be running the crap out of the ball anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

So let's add Sanchez, Iupati and Boling and build a badass backfield and run down the league's, ****ing "it's a quarterback league" collective throats.

Now Mark Sanchez?

Chickie!!! get off Coastal's account!

coastal
01-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Zero problem with this... Well 25% problem. I don't want Sanchez.
I want a vet who wants to be here and wants to work hard in his given role.

if that's not Sanchez... that's fine.

X-Era
01-11-2015, 02:56 PM

Kind of like building the O line on theory of "every now and then, you can find a kick ass left tackle as an UFDA, like Jason Peters!". It happens, but you don't build based on longshots.

Sorry, this idea of dumping your RB and using your top draft pick to draft yet another one needs to stop. Maybe a team that has a QB can get away with it, but we're not that team.

Priority one is to find a QB, priority 2 is the O line...they can be done in tandem.

- - - Updated - - -

Now Mark Sanchez?

Chickie!!! get off Coastal's account!What would you do with the OL? What would your plan be this off-season.

coastal
01-11-2015, 03:08 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Now Mark Sanchez?

Chickie!!! get off Coastal's account!I agree about building for the long term but there is a very real opportunity to win it all right now.

theres nothing about my plan that sacrifices the future.

Whaley did that last year with that circus trade up.

thats over though and doesn't change the opportunity that's sitting right here... right now.

see what I did there?

Mr. Pink
01-11-2015, 03:47 PM

And then if you get to the playoffs, lose in the first round to Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco.

All the while tying up more resources and money into positions, like RB, that do not matter.

YardRat
01-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Anybody that is dead-damn-determined to get a QB in the second round in this draft just needs to go back a couple of years when you were also dead-damned-determined to get a first-round QB and ended up with EJ.

Sorry, but this isn't the year to pull that trigger, and if the BPA is a RB or G or whatever you're a damn fool to make the same mistake again.

coastal
01-11-2015, 03:51 PM
It's a 2nd round pick and another aging vet you can likely get in the cheap.

seriously... what's the risk exactly?

sudzy
01-11-2015, 03:52 PM
I would really like the Bills to go QB and O-line with their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2015, 03:57 PM
It's a 2nd round pick and another aging vet you can likely get in the cheap.

seriously... what's the risk exactly?

No but you're all for blowing like 9m a season on a guard. Yes our guards suck, but blowing almost half of what the cap space will be on one guard is idiotic. Iupati will get around that number from some stupid team.

I bet you won't make a Fool's Gold thread over it at least. :rofl:

X-Era
01-11-2015, 04:00 PM
I would really like the Bills to go QB and O-line with their 2nd and 3rd round picks.My problem with that is what does it say about last years 2nd and 5th? Young guys with potential is not our problem. Proven studs is. Add a solid starter or stud from FA.

The Jokeman
01-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Another QB that might pop into the discussion is Kevin Hogan, a junior at Stanford. He was recruited by Harbaugh when he was there with Roman. So no doubt they know one another and even if Hogan does leave early he isn't anticipated to be a 1st Rounder but a guy we could land in the 3rd or 5th round round. He's drawn some comparisons to Phillip Rivers for his size/athleticism and odd delivery. That said Rivers was far more accomplished when he came out of NC State.

Night Train
01-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Who is this next savior still available in the 2nd half of the 2nd round ?

X-Era
01-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Who is this next savior still available in the 2nd half of the 2nd round ?Good luck. How about we just draft a guy and see what he can do.

cookie G
01-11-2015, 05:27 PM
I agree about building for the long term but there is a very real opportunity to win it all right now.

theres nothing about my plan that sacrifices the future.

Whaley did that last year with that circus trade up.

thats over though and doesn't change the opportunity that's sitting right here... right now.

see what I did there?

Yes..you said, let's win it all with Mark Sanchez.

Now get over your hang over and come back tomorrow.

Meathead
01-11-2015, 06:12 PM
second round rbs are fools gold

coastal
01-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Yes..you said, let's win it all with Mark Sanchez.

Now get over your hang over and come back tomorrow.
I've been sober for two years.

- - - Updated - - -

second round rbs are fools goldyoure cheap

DraftBoy
01-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Another QB that might pop into the discussion is Kevin Hogan, a junior at Stanford. He was recruited by Harbaugh when he was there with Roman. So no doubt they know one another and even if Hogan does leave early he isn't anticipated to be a 1st Rounder but a guy we could land in the 3rd or 5th round round. He's drawn some comparisons to Phillip Rivers for his size/athleticism and odd delivery. That said Rivers was far more accomplished when he came out of NC State.

He's been pretty bad at Stanford. He's got less arm strength than Trent Edwards.

The Jokeman
01-11-2015, 06:16 PM
second round rbs are fools gold

Tell that to Travis Henry, Thurman Thomas and Joe Cribbs.

cookie G
01-11-2015, 06:38 PM
What would you do with the OL? What would your plan be this off-season.

I don't think it is as far off as people think...and not as hopeless as it has been in the past.

An Iupati or a Clint Boling would do wonders for the interior. Iupati may be a little pricey..Boling might not be as much.

Henderson actually got worse as the year went on..but there is still hope...if he can keep his head in the game. He also needs help at times. When it was clear that the Buffalo Bulls Mack could run by him at will, it was inexcusable to give him TE help.

Richardson and Cujo get personal trainers, (I'm not kidding), with an emphasis on foot speed. In run blocking this year, Richardson was probably the best run blocker on the team, and the only one who can actually move a DT from their spot.

His pass blocking...nowhere near at an NFL level yet. But so much of that is just foot speed. He's late getting to his spot, gets off balance, gets knocked on his ass. I watched him a lot in college, when his feet are under him and he has balance, he doesnt' get moved.

He let himself get overweight his senior year and it showed. But both he and Cujo showed themselves to be outstanding college OL...and that hasn't gone away. They both need refinement, both in technique and in their bodies. Both have to be made to understand that they won't make it with their agility as it presently is.

Chasing chickens, playing handball, Dancing with the Stars, whatever it takes to develop their short area footspeed and balance..get them on the program.

With that said...there better be a plan B or C.

In terms of the draft...let me see the Shrine Bowl and the Senior Bowl. There's going to be a guard to draft in the 2nd or 3rd..I can guarantee that. Its just a matter of putting in the scouting time and pulling on the pick.

And a reasonably imaginative running game plan will do wonders to make the OL look better.

X-Era
01-11-2015, 06:41 PM
I don't think it is as far off as people think...and not as hopeless as it has been in the past.

An Iupati or a Clint Boling would do wonders for the interior. Iupati may be a little pricey..Boling might not be as much.

Henderson actually got worse as the year went on..but there is still hope...if he can keep his head in the game. He also needs help at times. When it was clear that the Buffalo Bulls Mack could run by him at will, it was inexcusable to give him TE help.

Richardson and Cujo get personal trainers, (I'm not kidding), with an emphasis on foot speed. In run blocking this year, Richardson was probably the best run blocker on the team, and the only one who can actually move a DT from their spot.

His pass blocking...nowhere near at an NFL level yet. But so much of that is just foot speed. He's late getting to his spot, gets off balance, gets knocked on his ass. I watched him a lot in college, when his feet are under him and he has balance, he doesnt' get moved.

He let himself get overweight his senior year and it showed. But both he and Cujo showed themselves to be outstanding college OL...and that hasn't gone away. They both need refinement, both in technique and in their bodies. Both have to be made to understand that they won't make it with their agility as it presently is.

Chasing chickens, playing handball, Dancing with the Stars, whatever it takes to develop their short area footspeed and balance..get them on the program.

With that said...there better be a plan B or C.

In terms of the draft...let me see the Shrine Bowl and the Senior Bowl. There's going to be a guard to draft in the 2nd or 3rd..I can guarantee that. Its just a matter of putting in the scouting time and pulling on the pick.

And a reasonably imaginative running game plan will do wonders to make the OL look better.So sign one and draft one. I can't fault that take.

yordad
01-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Just go look up how many 2nd round RBs wind up being Justin Fortsett vs how many 7th round wind up being successful. By your logic, we can just wait until 6th round to draft QB because you get Tom Brady there.I think he meant to literally get him rather than draft a rb.

Strongman
01-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Say the Bills sign Mike Iupati to a contract in free agency, and draft a quarterback in the 2nd round of the 2015 NFL Draft.

Would you be cool with that?

Garrett Grayson

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uSZz0Sg8qMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sean Mannion

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s0W0MnAS_Kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I definitely like Sean Mannion, but think the 2nd round is too early to take him.

jimmifli
01-12-2015, 08:47 PM

An Iupati or a Clint Boling would do wonders for the interior. Iupati may be a little pricey..

Apparently the entire Oline in SF hated Roman, SF fans say it's unlikely he'd follow Roman. Gore loves him though.

coastal
01-13-2015, 07:45 AM
Apparently the entire Oline in SF hated Roman, SF fans say it's unlikely he'd follow Roman. Gore loves him though.
For what reason did they hate him?

cookie G
01-13-2015, 05:02 PM

I only heard about Anthony Davis' tweet this year. His criticism was that they stopped running the ball.

They ended up kissing and making up afterward.

Joe Staley once called him an evil genius a few years ago, but that was right after they gained 600 yards against the Bills.

Most OL would prefer to run block. They'd rather throw punches than absorb them . So in that area, I'd be surprised if they didn't like him.