PDA

View Full Version : I think signing Rex means Schwart2 won't be back...

CommissarSpartacus
01-11-2015, 05:36 PM
For a number of reasons I can't see Schwart2 coming back to work under a guy he made look like a fool twice this year.

And I can't see Rex wanting to work with a guy that a lot of the players wanted to see take over.

I don't think they'll be any hostility or rancor here, but I don't see it working out.

I don't think Schwart2 would want Rex as a boss and I don't think Rex wants schwart2 looking over his shoulder.

swiper
01-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Would you please fix your z key or stop posting words that contain that letter?

CommissarSpartacus
01-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Would you please fix your z key or stop posting words that contain that letter?

Why would I do that when I know it causes you pain?

YardRat
01-11-2015, 05:43 PM
I hope you are wrong, but I certainly could easily see Schwart2 leaving, maybe for Washington.

Both guys have big egos, and different defensive philosophies, so a sideline argument between Schwart2 and Ryan should probably be expected at some point during the season if Schwart2 does stay.

swiper
01-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Why would I do that when I know it causes you pain?

4r3a26 f80gt!

CommissarSpartacus
01-11-2015, 05:56 PM
4r3a26 f80gt!

Bo2o...

IlluminatusUIUC
01-11-2015, 06:06 PM
I hope you are wrong, but I certainly could easily see Schwart2 leaving, maybe for Washington.

Both guys have big egos, and different defensive philosophies, so a sideline argument between Schwart2 and Ryan should probably be expected at some point during the season if Schwart2 does stay.

It's inevitable IMO. I mean, who even calls the plays? if Schwartz isn't calling the defense, I can't imagine him staying, but if Ryan isn't calling the defense, what benefit is he bringing us?

CommissarSpartacus
01-13-2015, 10:45 AM
For a number of reasons I can't see Schwart2 coming back to work under a guy he made look like a fool twice this year.

And I can't see Rex wanting to work with a guy that a lot of the players wanted to see take over.

I don't think they'll be any hostility or rancor here, but I don't see it working out.

I don't think Schwart2 would want Rex as a boss and I don't think Rex wants schwart2 looking over his shoulder.

Told you so...

WagonCircler
01-13-2015, 10:50 AM
The best part about him leaving is that it lessens the amount of times we have to see "Schwart2".

I never realized Shiva was a 12 year old girl.

CommissarSpartacus
01-13-2015, 10:53 AM
And BTW, it's interesting to see the Rex fans start to slag Schwart2.

It's always ama2ed me what a large percentage of Bills fans are douchebags.

Schwart2 comes here to work for Marrone, does a fantastic job, Marrone leaves to make his $4 million, the Pegulas pass him over to hire Rex Ryan, and guess what?

That's what.

We've now officially regressed back to square one, with NO offense and a defense who just had it's coach disrespected.

Think ANY FAs are gonna want to come here now without being ridiculously overpaid?

Dream on.

The Pegulas had a chance to change the culture. The didn't. They embraced it.

Hello 4 - 12 in 2015...

jamze132
01-13-2015, 11:07 AM
And BTW, it's interesting to see the Rex fans start to slag Schwart2.

It's always ama2ed me what a large percentage of Bills fans are douchebags.

Schwart2 comes here to work for Marrone, does a fantastic job, Marrone leaves to make his $4 million, the Pegulas pass him over to hire Rex Ryan, and guess what?

That's what.

We've now officially regressed back to square one, with NO offense and a defense who just had it's coach disrespected.

Think ANY FAs are gonna want to come here now without being ridiculously overpaid?

Dream on.

The Pegulas had a chance to change the culture. The didn't. They embraced it.

Hello 4 - 12 in 2015...

I'd be willing to bet that more free agents are more apt to want to join Buffalo now than this same time last year.

psubills62
01-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Hello 4 - 12 in 2015...
I don't get it. What's 4-1z?

CommissarSpartacus
01-13-2015, 11:27 AM
I'd be willing to bet that more free agents are more apt to want to join Buffalo now than this same time last year.

Really? Why?

Is Rexy that sexy?

Downinfloflo
01-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Really? Why?

Is Rexy that sexy?

To the people in the stands, No!!

To the players on the field, Yes!!

Historian
01-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Not at all.

I thought Schwartz was great...here and in Detroit.

Joe Fo Sho
01-13-2015, 02:54 PM
Told you so...

Are you taking credit for being the 1st person to have this thought? Is that what you're trying to do?

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 10:09 AM
Are you taking credit for being the 1st person to have this thought? Is that what you're trying to do?

Actually, my goal is to piss you off.

I'm just using the fact I was the first to have the thought to do it.

EricStratton
01-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Explain again how this affects the mindset of potential free agents?

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 10:56 AM
Explain again how this affects the mindset of potential free agents?

FA's want either to win or at least make as much money as possible.

If they don't think we can win, then we have to ridiculously overpay for anyone we want to bring in.

What has Rex done lately that would give FAs the idea we're going to win?

EricStratton
01-14-2015, 11:09 AM
What available candidate is a proven winner as a head coach?

Joe Fo Sho
01-14-2015, 11:28 AM
Actually, my goal is to piss you off.

Well you're doing an awful job of that.

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Well you're doing an awful job of that.

An awfully good job...

notacon
01-14-2015, 01:16 PM
If Schwartz does not come back...so what?

The defense of the Bills was good (most of the time...they had some pretty glaring lapses this year) was mainly because of the personnel. Many, many defensive coaches could have done just as well, if not better with that stellar group of talent.

I think there is an over exaggeration of the "Schwartz effect".

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 08:54 AM
BTW, Rex bringing along his boy Thurman from the Jets just goes to show how pro forma the Bills offer really was to have Schwart2 remain as DC.

Like I said, I don't think there was any rancor between Rex and Schwart2 before, and if Ryan wanted his boy, why would Schwart2 want to stand in his way.

But there may be some bad blood now after Rex dissed the D yesterday for only being then 4th ranked defense.

What was the word he used - disappointment?

I know if I was Schwart2 I'd be ticked off after doing Rex a favor.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 08:59 AM
If Schwartz does not come back...so what?

The defense of the Bills was good (most of the time...they had some pretty glaring lapses this year) was mainly because of the personnel. Many, many defensive coaches could have done just as well, if not better with that stellar group of talent.

I think there is an over exaggeration of the "Schwartz effect".

Generally, the idea is to reward and maintain a relationship with someone who's done a good job for you, if you want to have good people want to work with you in the future.

Schwart2 came in, was a good soldier, kept his mouth shut and did a great job.

His reward - a one way ticket out of town.

People will remember that when Rex gets fired eventually.

Historian
01-15-2015, 09:01 AM
BTW, Rex bringing along his boy Thurman from the Jets just goes to show how pro forma the Bills offer really was to have Schwart2 remain as DC.

Like I said, I don't think there was any rancor between Rex and Schwart2 before, and if Ryan wanted his boy, why would Schwart2 want to stand in his way.

But there may be some bad blood now after Rex dissed the D yesterday for only being then 4th ranked defense.

What was the word he used - disappointment?

I know if I was Schwart2 I'd be ticked off after doing Rex a favor.

I honestly believe he was just playing to the crowd.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:16 AM
I honestly believe he was just playing to the crowd.

His biggest talent...

Strongman
01-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Generally, the idea is to reward and maintain a relationship with someone who's done a good job for you, if you want to have good people want to work with you in the future.

Schwart2 came in, was a good soldier, kept his mouth shut and did a great job.

His reward - a one way ticket out of town.

People will remember that when Rex gets fired eventually.

I don't think it's accurate to say they gave him a one way ticket out of town. Rex offered to let Schwartz stay, but Schwartz chose to walk away because he ultimately wants to be a HC again. The Pegulas gave him a fair shake to do just that. Like the other candidates, he had his chance to interview with them. Rex beat him and the others out. It really doesn't get more fair than that.

I, and probably many others, always thought this DC position was a short term gig for him. He came from Detroit with his tail between his legs. He took the DC job here because he saw it as an opportunity to work with a good defense and rehabilitate his HC credentials again. Heck, I'm even sure when he took the DC position he thought Marrone and Hackett would eventually get canned and he would get the HC job by default.

He's not stupid and knows Rex is going to be here a long time with his 5 year contract. Maybe his pride was hurt or he wanted to leave before the rest of the HC jobs were filled.

If Schwartz was was truly committed to the Bills (instead of pursuing a HC opportunity) he would have stayed. Good riddance he is gone.