PDA

View Full Version : Some inside info on how Rex Ryan made the decision to come to Buffalo

ghz in pittsburgh
01-11-2015, 06:27 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-fickle-falcons-led-rex-ryan-bills-job-article-1.2074037

When is the last time any local Buffalo media gets that kind of inside information of any coach in the past? The account of events really matches the image of Rex that we know. I believe that story.

I actually loved the fact that Buffalo is his 3rd choice, behind the Falcons and 49ers. Just like players, a HC needs some motivation, not just a pay check (something we learned about Marrone). Forget about the Jets, the big sign points to Belichick's Patriots; ex- Patriots Dimitroff and Pioli want Rex to wait for their discovery of McDaniels before making a coaching decision. Rex will have the Pats twice a year.

I gained some appreciation of Pegulas business smarts in handling this case. They got the foot in getting the Thursday interview. By all accounts, they were going to interview a few others in the weekend. But they got the temperature of the Rex's predicament and step right in asking for a 2nd interview Saturday.

The Jokeman
01-11-2015, 06:43 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-fickle-falcons-led-rex-ryan-bills-job-article-1.2074037

When is the last time any local Buffalo media gets that kind of inside information of any coach in the past? The account of events really matches the image of Rex that we know. I believe that story.

I actually loved the fact that Buffalo is his 3rd choice, behind the Falcons and 49ers. Just like players, a HC needs some motivation, not just a pay check (something we learned about Marrone). Forget about the Jets, the big sign points to Belichick's Patriots; ex- Patriots Dimitroff and Pioli want Rex to wait for their discovery of McDaniels before making a coaching decision. Rex will have the Pats twice a year.

I gained some appreciation of Pegulas business smarts in handling this case. They got the foot in getting the Thursday interview. By all accounts, they were going to interview a few others in the weekend. But they got the temperature of the Rex's predicament and step right in asking for a 2nd interview Saturday.
I think it's obvious the Falcons are leading toward Josh McDaniels with the way their realigning that team. All the better for us I guess but I'm not sure Rexy is a great fit. As Yes, he is a better mind than Marrone but he's 3-4 background doesn't mesh with our defense and I've already gone on record my feelings on Roman not really developing a QB.

bleve
01-11-2015, 06:48 PM
There's one thing I like about Rex deal: Rex had an opportunity to get the hell away from Belichick, and Brady and start fresh in a weak division. Instead he decided to again take them head on. That's a bold move.

The Jokeman
01-11-2015, 06:52 PM
There's one thing I like about Rex deal: Rex had an opportunity to get the hell away from Belichick, and Brady and start fresh in a weak division. Instead he decided to again take them head on. That's a bold move.

Read the article, maybe he didn't have the opportunity go elsewhere. I give Rex credit for reading into like most of us can that the Falcons seem to be targeting McDaniels and the only other team that seem to be interested (the 49es) were still not giving him the reassurance he needed he was their guy either.

BertSquirtgum
01-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Woodcock never tried helping Rex on offense. Pegula will do whatever it takes. Great hire. That is all.