• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I must say, I hated the Rex hire at first

I felt that he was a terrible fit with this team. We have an elite defense and needed an offensive guru who can also groom a QB.

But now I've had time to digest it, I'm starting to get excited about the Rex hire. I realized that what we really needed was leadership and an attitude. We needed a guy who could fire up the players and make them play hard for him. Rex has done that everywhere he went. As for the offense, that's what the offensive coordinator is for. If Greg Roman (or Trestman, I'm still holding out hope) comes in and installs a sound offense (instead of Hackett's BS playcalling scared offense), this team will go far. We need a tough nose run first offense, Manuel can do just fine if he doesn't have the pressure of winning it all by himself.

I'm growing to love this hire, foot fetish and all!
    Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 01-12-2015, 08:45 AM.
  • GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

Re: I must say, I hated the Rex hire at first

Happy to hear it, Miyagi-san
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

I never hated the hiring. I hated Rex when he coached the Jets. But, I think he's a perfect fit for Buffalo. Blue collar, no give up, keep fighting kinda guy. Rex is no the kind of man that would ever quit anything, IMO.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
        I felt that he was a terrible fit with this team. We have an elite defense and needed an offensive guru who can also groom a QB.

But now I've had time to digest it, I'm starting to get excited about the Rex hire. I realized that what we really needed was leadership and an attitude. We needed a guy who could fire up the players and make them play hard for him. Rex has done that everywhere he went. As for the offense, that's what the offensive coordinator is for. If Greg Roman (or Trestman, I'm still holding out hope) comes in and installs a sound offense (instead of Hackett's BS playcalling scared offense), this team will go far. We need a tough nose run first offense, Manuel can do just fine if he doesn't have the pressure of winning it all by himself.

I'm growing to love this hire, foot fetish and all!
        WTF? All I saw on this board all year was grousing about how we were trying too hard to run the ball, "banging our head against the wall", etc. "Not using our new weapon Watkins enough, not getting Spiller into space." Now we are on board with a tough run first offense? Sheeple.

We just hired a sub .500 coach that has no O-Line and No QB, sound familiar? He was just fired from the exact same situation in NY, EXACT.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
          WTF? All I saw on this board all year was grousing about how we were trying too hard to run the ball, "banging our head against the wall", etc. "Not using our new weapon Watkins enough, not getting Spiller into space." Now we are on board with a tough run first offense? Sheeple.

We just hired a sub .500 coach that has no O-Line and No QB, sound familiar? He was just fired from the exact same situation in NY, EXACT.
          Sounds like it's time for you to jump off the bandwagon then.

Should we sing you a chorus too? :)

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Rex was handed little talent on the team & Geno / Vick. The Bills will make arrangements to improve during the off-season, the owners is willing to spend as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
            Sounds like it's time for you to jump off the bandwagon then.

Should we sing you a chorus too? :)
            LOL, bingo !!

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

One thing is for certain: It will be entertaining.

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

It will be entertaining but not in a good way.
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                  One thing is for certain: It will be entertaining.
                  hope it's not entertaining for BB.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Funny thing is that I'm liking it less and less atm but trying to be open minded.

To me it seems the Bills hired the biggest and best personality, motivator, and DC, not best manager, game manager, personnel guy, HC, innovator. We already had a DC, and that strength to build on.

As of now we're left with the same weaknesses, and we're messing with the one strength.

I'm not even sure it reflects on Ryan that we threw money at him until he agreed to jump back into the same crap he was swimming in last year knowing all of the above himself, along with maybe a guarantee that he'll get the full 5 years to suffer looking for a qb.

It still just doesn't make sense to me, besides that we hired the biggest shiny.

Comment

• HAMMER
                      • Jul 2003

This was a PR hire for the Pegulas and Russ Brandon. They were embarrassed by Marrone turning down an extension and Polian saying no. This is their way of showing the rest of the NFL they can land a big fish. The only thing big about Rex Ryan is his wallet and his mouth. I was OK with the Marrone hire because he came highly recommended by other NFL personnel and he hadn't been given the shot. I can not get behind this blow hard that comes with a LOSING record and empty promises.

For those that say I should get off the bandwagon, first of all, go Fu@# yourselves. I have supported this team for 40 years through many more downs than ups and never quit on them, I won't be quitting now. I have never been the doom and gloom guy and as Op can attest I have fought those people for years. I don't have to like the hire, I can express my dissenting opinion knowing I will always be a Bills fan.

Incidentally Miyagi, you have shown over the years that my dog knows more about football than you do.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

This was a PR hire for the Pegulas and Russ Brandon. They were embarrassed by Marrone turning down an extension and Polian saying no. This is their way of showing the rest of the NFL they can land a big fish.
                        You think an owner who's net worth is top 5 in the NFL needs to prove that he can land a big fish? Don't be ridiculous.

I was OK with the Marrone hire because he came highly recommended by other NFL personnel and he hadn't been given the shot. I can not get behind this blow hard that comes with a LOSING record and empty promises.
                        Cowher gave Gailey his recommendation, too. That made me feel all fuzzy inside for a day or so.

For those that say I should get off the bandwagon, first of all, go Fu@# yourselves. I have supported this team for 40 years through many more downs than ups and never quit on them, I won't be quitting now. I have never been the doom and gloom guy and as Op can attest I have fought those people for years. I don't have to like the hire, I can express my dissenting opinion knowing I will always be a Bills fan.
                        Express your opinion all you want, that's what this forum is for. You can still be a fan while disagreeing with a hiring decision.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

this hire can be a huge success, or set us back god only knows how long... Rex needs to find an offensive coordinator that can rebuild our running game. And that needs to be done by getting big linemen to push a##holes like Vince Wilfork off the line. Iupati would look good in a Bills uniform, but may require us to bring Roman over for OC. Callahan is another interesting possibility, and my personal favorite, but means we may be less likely to land Iupati.

Defensively, will schwartz even try to co-exist with Ryan? Will they get in each others' ways? Is Ryan dumb enough to tinker with an already successful defense? Or could this become the most epic defense the NFL has ever seen with the pieces already in place + a healthy Kiko Alonso and a few additional wrinkles courtesy of the snack man.

It's evident that if this team is to make the playoffs next year barring some tom bradyesque gem of a find at qb, it will not be on the arm of a qb, but on the legs of an angry offensive line paving the way for our rbs to pick up 5 yards or more a carry. And I am perfectly ok with that - as long as our rbs don't put the ball on the ground like Brown did against the Chiefs.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Well, how many people on this board are STUPID enough to think the Bills will go into 2015 with the same team that finished this season?

And there are good run design plays a & BAD run design plays.

Comment

• HAMMER
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              Well, how many people on this board are STUPID enough to think the Bills will go into 2015 with the same team that finished this season?

And there are good run design plays a & BAD run design plays.
                              None of those run plays work w/o the threat of a passing game or an o-line that can ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X