PDA

View Full Version : Plan of Attack for the Offseason.

The King
01-12-2015, 08:51 AM
Right now money isn't an issue. So let's make sure we offer up enough bread to make sure we get our top choice of OC.

If it's Shannahan, fine.
If it's Roman, great.
Callahan, OK.

Just don't let it linger. The sooner we have this coaching staff in place the sooner we can get a jump on a plan of attack for this offseason.

Here's my shopping list.

RB: Spiller or other options (Ingram, Moreno, McFadden, Rodgers)
QB: Sanchez
G: Best Available
TE: Gresham or Clay

If we're switching to a 3-4 we need to retain Spikes.

ILB: Spikes or Lattimore, Harris
SS: Searcy or Nate Allen

Big splash potential:

Revis.
Orakpo.
Kroy Bierman.
Iupati

HAMMER
01-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Sanchez? Butt Fumble? Dirty Sanchez? Shooting for the moon huh?

Will Rex have his tat changed to include Bills colors?

The King
01-12-2015, 09:05 AM

He's the best QB available. He has the connection with Rex, he's about all we can hope for.

ublinkwescore
01-12-2015, 09:08 AM
I don't want sanchez unless Callahan becomes our oc.

Skooby
01-12-2015, 09:09 AM
No to Sanchez & no way we get him, no way.

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2015, 09:10 AM
He's the best QB available. He has the connection with Rex, he's about all we can hope for.
I vomited slightly in my mouth when I read Sanchez's name.

Agreed with almost everything else you wrote. Why aim so low with Sanchez? EJ is no worse than that.

Either groom the hell out of EJ and see what he can do in a new offense, or aim high with a blockbuster trade for Cutler or Kaepernick.

The King
01-12-2015, 09:11 AM
No to Sanchez & no way we get him, no way.
I'm not advocating him. There are simply awful options out there. I think the Sanchez thing makes sense. If Rex passes on him it tells me all I need to know. But I think it becomes a very real possibility now.

justasportsfan
01-12-2015, 09:14 AM

I don't care for any off Rexy's offensive connection. I want Rexy to have nothing to do with the offense just like Marrone had nothing to do with our D.Let the OC make the call.

If we keep Schwartz, same thing. Rexy should let Schwartz make the call until Schwartz decides to leave or fails.

Rexy should just get the players pumped and work on his gameday decisions and time management.

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2015, 09:32 AM
I bet we could trade for Brian Hoyer for a 5th and a 7th.

trapezeus
01-12-2015, 09:48 AM
i think you want a sanchez. it feels odd to say. but you give ej another chance. you have an OC who says, "i don't want EJ to win us a game. I want him to pass 15-20 times a game, and i want to pound the ball".

And if EJ can't make those few passes a game after a few weeks, we go to an older vet who can. he comes with certain baggage, but he has shown he can be effective when given a lights out defense.

trading for an average QB makes me nauseous. In reality, the bills will need to draft a QB and given him time to learn up.whether its this year or next, whatever we do this year is most likely just a stop gap for 1-2 years.

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Oh no doubt we'll have to draft a QB in the 3rd round or so.

Bring and Hoyer to compete with EJ, draft a QB.

HAMMER
01-12-2015, 09:51 AM
IMO it needs to be Manuel or bust this year. There isn't jack squat for FA's and Sanchez is not the answer, we have seen his ceiling.

The King
01-12-2015, 09:55 AM
IMO it needs to be Manuel or bust this year. There isn't jack squat for FA's and Sanchez is not the answer, we have seen his ceiling.

I don't disagree. But this is a 9-7 team Rex will be feeling the pressure to hit that mark.

Bill Cody
01-12-2015, 09:57 AM

He blows. I've watched him play a lot of games. I see nothing about his game that screams "sign him". Saying he's the best option is like ordering rubbers with holes but there's fewer holes than the other brands.

Historian
01-12-2015, 10:21 AM
I can't wait to take my son to minicamp!

better days
01-12-2015, 11:30 AM
I don't care for any off Rexy's offensive connection. I want Rexy to have nothing to do with the offense just like Marrone had nothing to do with our D.Let the OC make the call.

If we keep Schwartz, same thing. Rexy should let Schwartz make the call until Schwartz decides to leave or fails.

Rexy should just get the players pumped and work on his gameday decisions and time management.

I think Rex & Schwartz together could also come up with some great game plans during the week.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait to take my son to minicamp!

I would not be surprised to see the Bills on Hard Knocks this season.

I just may have to get HBO.

justasportsfan
01-12-2015, 11:36 AM
I think Rex & Schwartz together could also come up with some great game plans during the week.

the only game plan that Rex should make with Schwartz every week is " Jim, you make the plans, you make the calls on game day and I'll just motivate them"

Albany,n.y.
01-12-2015, 02:56 PM

No can do-he's an unrestricted free agent.

jamze132
01-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Since we're talking abou getting another QB to add to the mix and the list sucks, lets throw in Matt Moore as well...

sudzy
01-12-2015, 03:45 PM
What about Hoyer at QB? He's nothing special. But, I'm pretty sure he's never butt fumbled.

X-Era
01-12-2015, 04:41 PM
RG3, draft Petty or Grayson.

Re-sign Spikes

Get Landry

Sign Iupati

BertSquirtgum
01-12-2015, 05:01 PM

He's better than Orton and EJ combined.

The Jokeman
01-12-2015, 05:05 PM

Hoyer set to be an UFA so no need to trade for him but to me he's nothing more than an Orton type. Until we name our OC it's hard to know what we can expect at QB. Yet as eluded in other threads if it's Roman we might pursue Gabbert or McCoy who both played with the 49ers in the last few years. I'm not saying they're better than Hoyer but know Roman's offense and might be better suited to mentor/compete with EJ.

The Jokeman
01-12-2015, 05:06 PM
RG3, draft Petty or Grayson.

Re-sign Spikes

Get Landry

Sign Iupati

There's talk Ryan might want to bring in David Harris who's a better player than Spikes. That said Spikes be more affordable and like him better since he's a known entity if we keep with the Schwartz system.

X-Era
01-12-2015, 05:10 PM
There's talk Ryan might want to bring in David Harris who's a better player than Spikes. That said Spikes be more affordable and like him better since he's a known entity if we keep with the Schwartz system.Harris is better but Spikes may be cheaper and was very good for us this year.

Don't Panic
01-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Right now money isn't an issue. So let's make sure we offer up enough bread to make sure we get our top choice of OC.

If it's Shannahan, fine.
If it's Roman, great.
Callahan, OK.

Just don't let it linger. The sooner we have this coaching staff in place the sooner we can get a jump on a plan of attack for this offseason.

Here's my shopping list.

RB: Spiller or other options (Ingram, Moreno, McFadden, Rodgers)
QB: Sanchez
G: Best Available
TE: Gresham or Clay

If we're switching to a 3-4 we need to retain Spikes.

ILB: Spikes or Lattimore, Harris
SS: Searcy or Nate Allen

Big splash potential:

Revis.
Orakpo.
Kroy Bierman.
Iupati

might as well bring back Spiller now that we have a run-minded OC. Iupati would be great if Roman wants him. I really hope we stay with a 4 man front on D... not worth messing with a good thing.

The Jokeman
01-12-2015, 05:56 PM
1) If we switch to a 3-4 than I ship Kyle Williams to the highest bidder hopefully we can land a 2nd or 3rd round pick. As much as I like him he just doesn't fit that defense in any way or form unless we try him at DE but even then it's not his best suit. That will mean we need a NT we could go after Kenrick Ellis of the Jets but he's been a backup so we might then want to go after Dan Williams of the Cardinals.

2) Sign an ILB, re-signing Spikes works but maybe we go better and go after David Harris. As we should have more cap room since Hughes isn't guaranteed back in a 3-4 defense.

3) Watching the playoffs I can't help but notice TEs getting TDs. I can't emphasize enough how much I want Jordan Cameron.

4) Yes, we need an OG but there aren't many great one's in free agency if we let Hughes walk then give "his" money to Iupati.

5) We need a veteran QB. If we have Roman as OC the best name for the job is Colt McCoy.

6)Mario Williams would likely be shifted to OLB if we go 3-4 so we might need a DE. Legar Douzable was a good player for the Jets last year and is worth a shot. Jarvis Jenkins of the Redskins is strong tackler and might make him the starting left DE.

Giving us a 3-4 front of seven: Jarvis Jenkins Dan Williams Dareus Mario Williams Spikes/Harris Bradham Kiko.