• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Rex Ryan is a loser.

Spin it anyway you want to folks, this hiring was a mistake of epic proportions.

Pegula gave a 5 year deal to a HC with a career losing record, he is a loser, there is no way to spin that FACT.
    -He is coming to a team with an offensive line that is worse than what he had in NY.

-He is coming to a team w/o a viable starting QB.

-He was just trounced repeatedly by the mediocre HC that walked away from us.

-He is coming into a situation whereby ownership told him they wanted the current DC to stay on. Yet he states he wants to bring his own DC with him? Three defensive gurus, two known to have massive egos, yeah, that should work out great.

-The current DC runs a wide 9, 4-3 scheme, the new guy runs a 3-4 so Mario will be back to OLB.

There shouldn't be any friction in the building now huh? I think you can bank on a lot of problems until/unless Schwartz is gone. They need to slip him his last years salary and thank him for his services, otherwise the whole thing has the potential to be a disaster.

But, but, but, his players love playing for him. That's great, but he couldn't get them to win for him so what does it matter? No O-line, No QB= No Playoffs, No Super Bowls, even if Lombardi rose from the dead and came to us. It's really very depressing.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Rex Ryan is a loser.

OP hacked your account too, huh?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HAMMER
      • Jul 2003

If you owned a company would you hire a CEO that lost more money than he made at his last company?

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

I wouldn't Hammer
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
          If you owned a company would you hire a CEO that lost more money than he made at his last company?
          Why else would the CEO be available?

You either get a head coach who just failed at his previous team, or you get a coordinator with no head coach experience that has had success with his current team. I guess the coordinator could have head coach experience, but obviously it would be without success as he's not employed as a head coach anymore.

Is there an available person that doesn't meet this criteria this year? Maybe Belichick will be available after he wins the Superbowl.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

What were the circumstances ?

I disliked Rexy with the jets. He was an arrogant dork who couldn't back his loudmouth up on gameday.
            Whether he's learned from his mistakes remains to be seen.

He definitely needs a GM who knows what he's doing or we're screwed.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mightysimi
              Buckle me in on the highway of sin
              • Mar 2010

There sure were a lot of teams lined up to make the same collosal mistake we did. Everything I read reported Rex Ryan as the best coach available. We pay top dollar to the best available and here we are again.
              Last edited by mightysimi; 01-12-2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

the more football i watch, the more i realize that the old adage is true. One player, one coach doesn't win you games. so i am trying to be less "oh my god" about everything.

They are supposedly bringing in a very capable OC who has had success with kaepernick (probably where EJ's skill ceiling is, both have accuracy problems). Roman has a history of changing his philosphy to the personel he has. That's a good thing.

The Bills d is across the board pretty talented. I see them as a group who are what they are. they aren't going to underperform to a bottom third defense by switching up the philosphy.

Also, the bills last year, across the board offensively, just looked awful. talented players being unused. the line in disarray. they have stuff to work with.

Rex has been part of a team that had the same issues buffalo has. and he got them turned around in a hurry and did it with a rookie qb who was in over his head.

Rex's latest disarray was part of a few eyars of tearing down and not replacing. Geno smith wasn't his decision.

Of the options we have, the bills have selected to try and turn last year into a positive and get into the playoffs. selecting anyone else other than schwartz would have committed us to essentially a rebuild and that in turn would have lost us the defense as we tried to find a qb and develop him properly.

There is risk that the bills did it wrong. but they did look at a lot of coaches unlike in years past. The chances they got it all right in one try, is unlikely, but they did things differently and it does make sense for where they are at this moment.

Additionally, rex has a lot of fire. he gets to face belichick still and take on the team that essentially kicked him out over 3 years. and better yet, they stuck it to him so bad, that his first and second choices were not available to him. I think you poke a bear like a rex ryan, he isn't in it to just collect a check. he is in it to prove people wrong.

I really hope it works.

Comment

• HAMMER
                  • Jul 2003

I hope it works too Trap but you know what they say...wish in one hand and schnit in the other, see which one fills up first.

Comment

• ticatfan
                    The Meathead of Muslims!
                    • Jul 2002

The bills are also losers ,so this made be a match made in heaven and when he brings in trestman.............
                    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                    Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• HAMMER
                      • Jul 2003

More of the same mediocrity...or worse.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

More of the same mediocrity...or worse.
                        Who did you want to hire?

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

"It'll be great working with you...sure had enough of working against you!" -Duke, Rocky III

I think a little swagger is what this team has needed since Mularkey.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Rex had a 50-52 record with the Jets.

Only an IDIOT would think the GM did not play a huge role in that record.

A GOOD HC gets the best out of his players. But the Jets players did not have a whole lot to give.

MEDIOCRE players equals a losing record.

And the VAST majority of the board did not want to see Pettine leave for the Browns HC job.

Here is a clue people, Pettine ran Rex's defense.

I hope Schwartz stays, I think Schwartz & Ryan could do GOOD things together, but if he goes, I will still be happy with Rex.

Comment

• HAMMER
                              • Jul 2003

I would have greatly preferred an up and comer vs a proven loser. My preference would have been Reich, and it has nothing to do with him being a former Bill. I have a friend that works with the Chargers on a daily basis and he confirms everything else I have read about the guy. Great communicator, excellent leadership skills, impeccable morals and character, extremely respected. He flat out confirmed what other league sources have said in the media, it won't be long before he becomes a HC.

One guy has proven he is a losing HC, the other shows great potential and will get his shot, but not with Buffalo. If someone can make me understand how a losing record makes this guy a good hire then by all means please do. He is coming to the exact situation he just left, no QB, and no 1st round draft choice, can't you see that? We were his 3rd choice! I guess I should feel good about being his 3rd choice? The fat girl said yes to our request to go to the prom and we had to pay her out the nose to do it. YAY.

9.9 out of 10 people on this board hated Rex Ryan before this was announced, now he is the savior?

Comment

Working...
                              X