X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Ryan Hire: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

The Good:Ryan is a very good coach, easily the best HC hire of the past 15years! His players love playing for him, and he gets the best out of them. What's even more on point is that he builds teams in the ideal way (at least according to me). What is this ideal you ask? Simply look at Seattle or SF or even those Jet teams that went to AFCC (Ideal Team=Great Defense, Dominant run game & a very good QB) The best aspect of Ryan is that I truest believe he can win a SB with right team. There are many coaches who I would fail at big show, Ryan is not one of them.

The Bad: His Jet teams were very good in his firsts 2 years and then it dropped off. Much of it was because the emotional/ego style of the team: they often called out other teams & players! This creates additional pressure to perform which they initially did; however, long term it's to heavy a burden to carry. Lastly, his teams got worst over time -including the defense- and the Jets had a hard time winning.

The Ugly: The Ugliness has a name, EJ Manual, which is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole at QB. The very thing that held him back in NY will hold him back in Buffalo, a ****ty QB. A great D & running game alone is not enough to win a championship.

Overall, I like the hire and the direction of this team. Next season maybe tough with EJ under center and it might show in their record. However, the point still remains, a QB is needed.
    Please Make Sense
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Ryan Hire: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

EJ won't be the starting QB. I'd bet my left nut on it.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

The Jets built a team with MANY HIGH PRICED Free Agents when Rex was named HC.

The problem with that is it is not sustainable. By year 3 the Jets were up against the cap & had to cut many of those players.

The GM failed to replace the GOOD but aging FA's the Jets lost with GOOD draft picks.

Comment

• Dr. Who
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
        EJ won't be the starting QB. I'd bet my left nut on it.
        Well, you can always put Uniball on the back of your Bills' jersey if you happen to be wrong.

I think all of you who have written EJ off are in for a surprise. But to be clear, I'm not betting body parts on anything.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Good: Experience, player's like him, personality
          Bad: Overall record declined, 'success' against Brady is a myth, thought Sanchez was worth the #5 pick
          Ugly: If Schwartz bolts and Rex reverts to a 34 base, next season is going to be really ugly
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Good: Experience, player's like him, personality
            Bad: Overall record declined, 'success' against Brady is a myth, thought Sanchez was worth the #5 pick
            Ugly: If Schwartz bolts and Rex reverts to a 34 base, next season is going to be really ugly
            Ian Rappaport just said on NFLN that Rex was bringing in Dennis Thurman as if it was already done.

Comment

Working...
            X