PDA

View Full Version : Our Defensive Line and cap hits...

jpdex12
01-12-2015, 11:36 AM
I just read on Buffalo Rumblings that between the current salaries of Mario ($19.4mm), Dareus ($8.06mm) and Kyle ($5.8mm)we are paying about $33.2mm in 2015 for them. With inflation if we signed Hughes we'd be looking at around $9.5mm more. Can we handle spending this much on the d line with an extension for Dareus next year and still sign offensive players to win? What's the best website with players salaries and cap breakdown?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/1/8/7516905/jerry-hughes-contract-prediction-buffalo-bills-2015-nfl-free-agency

better days
01-12-2015, 11:37 AM
There is a lot of dead money coming off the books this year.

I think the Bills have a lot of cap space.

Joe Fo Sho
01-12-2015, 11:41 AM
If it hinders us improving our offensive line or signing a competent QB (not that there's one available), then no we can't afford it.

I would like to get actual numbers on our salary cap situation. Every place I've heard has us at different numbers. They all say we have decent cap room, but I'd like to know just how much we really have.

kingJofNYC
01-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Man Kyle Williams was an absolute bargain, when you think about his career NFL earnings, man, he didn't make as much as he should have. Most of that is due to being a 4th round selection.

Mario is killing us at 20m per year.

coastal
01-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Fools gold needs to restructure to the silver level

HHURRICANE
01-12-2015, 12:13 PM
If we let Jerry Hughes walk we are making a big mistake.

I'm tired of the fans around here always in a hurry to get rid of talent with no replacement.

Mahdi
01-12-2015, 12:15 PM

Benefits of not having a good QB...

SpikedLemonade
01-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Fools gold needs to restructure to the silver level

He will convert base salary to bonus which will lower the cap hit (or push it out more), but he will not take an actual pay cut right now.

He is in enough demand right now that if he was cut he would get a new multi-year deal for $12M+.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-12-2015, 12:57 PM
If it hinders us improving our offensive line or signing a competent QB (not that there's one available), then no we can't afford it.

I would like to get actual numbers on our salary cap situation. Every place I've heard has us at different numbers. They all say we have decent cap room, but I'd like to know just how much we really have.

We don't know exactly how much we'll have until CJ decides on his player option.

psubills62
01-12-2015, 04:36 PM
He will convert base salary to bonus which will lower the cap hit (or push it out more), but he will not take an actual pay cut right now.

He is in enough demand right now that if he was cut he would get a new multi-year deal for $12M+.
No real problem there. The last years of Mario's contract were set up to be decision years because of the high salary. He is doing well enough, just get him to restructure, he gets money sooner, we get more cap relief. Shouldn't be too difficult to get done.

X-Era
01-12-2015, 04:38 PM

I think it will be around 30 mill. Were fine.

Fixxxer
01-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Until we find a QB that can play at franchise or elite level we can pay for talent on other positions. I said talent not players. If we don't overpaid for mediocre talent, it can be done.

jpdex12
01-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Man Kyle Williams was an absolute bargain, when you think about his career NFL earnings, man, he didn't make as much as he should have. Most of that is due to being a 4th round selection.

Mario is killing us at 20m per year. and he doesn't complain about money or hold out...he jut loves to play and is content. I love this guy! Wish we had more like him. A great Bill!

Don't Panic
01-12-2015, 07:29 PM
If we let Jerry Hughes walk we are making a big mistake.

I'm tired of the fans around here always in a hurry to get rid of talent with no replacement.

Like Levitre and Byrd? If we run 3-4, there's no way Hughes comes back. Zero chance.